Dake Bible Discussion Boardcan you explain how finis has helped you

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
royplumber
Stand Against the Wiles of the Devil

can you explain how finis has helped you

Post by royplumber »

I would say this teaching which I've been seriuosly into for the past 3 months is helping me understand the way god speaks thinks and acts

Would people care to share with me and explain there experience how long you have been into dakes teaching and how it has helped you on the road to maturity how has this made your life fruitful and if so what does the fruit look like

would you walk with the father be any different without dakes teaching what sort of impact has he made in any area of your lives
thankyou all in advance

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Re: can you explain how finis has helped you

Post by luchnia »

I have been using Dake's bible among my other resources for approximately 30 years now. Dake is my primary go-to resource for the depth that I personally enjoy. I think the fact that Dake's wealth of research and knowledge being very broad has helped me in being more open minded to understanding the Word of God. It also helps me to realize there is so much more that is not written to allow my mind to expand to those realms.

I enjoy thinking about what I do not know about God and makes me long to know all the more as my days continue here in this life. Dake's entire works also can be used to challenge us to dig so much deeper than we might normally do had we not such a great resource. I think my life would be much less richer without Dake's works and I am truly glad that Dake's resources are available to us as a whole. His gift of being able to quote God's word when needed was nothing short of amazing.

Word up!

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

I have made use of the Dake Bible for about 35 years.

As a pastor it helped me to study the Word of God to line up my teachings and lifestyle with what it says, rather than the popular authors of the day (whose teachings and lifestyles kept changing over the years). It helped me to use the truth to spur people on in knowledge as well as to stop them in their tracks if they opposed it. Even when I disagreed with Dake's viewpoint on a particular matter, I could see how he arrived at it because he gave the scriptures he used, and I was pushed to make sure that I was being scriptural in my own conclusions.

As a Christian the Dake Bible has been a help in steering me clear of the self-appointed experts on life, the know-it-alls who talk and write all the "How To" stuff but so often are coming unglued in their own personal lives and Christian walks. Dake's comments in his Bible keep calling the reader back to the truth of God found in His Word, faith in the promises of God as found in His Word, and the power of the Holy Spirit available for every child of God to live in light of those promises.

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

I agree with you Luchnia, Dake helped to make sense out of all the rubbish I had picked along the way until I faced Jesus and said yes to Him.... it was like scales fell from my eyes
as I studied the works of Dake... thank God

macca

victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Post by victoryword »

In the early 90s I had come under attack due to preaching on what was called "Word-Faith heresy" because I emphasized God's desire to heal, deliver and meet financial needs (and I no, I never preached the extreme "get rich quick" stuff in case anyone asks). I had heard of Dake's Bible but never thought to buy one.

One day I received a catalogue in the mail for Charismatic books and they prominently featured several of Dake's books. I bought GPFM and Bible Truths Unmasked. I began to read and then devour them. Although I did not agree with everything Dake wrote at the time (for example, Dake taught what is now called "Open Theism". I strongly disagreed with him at the time. But now I am an Open Theist. Go figure), his teachings of the Gap "theory," and his teachings on faith, healing, prosperity, and holiness (victory over sin) helped me immensely, removed the last bit of doubt I had about certain aspects of the faith message (A. B. Simpson and Andrew Murray were also helpful inthis regard) and emboldened my stance on the message of faith.

I later bought the Dake Annotated Reference Bible. While I still have a few areas where I might disagree with Dake (not sure if I have known anyone I have ever agreed 100% with on doctrinal issues), I am thankful to God for this man. His writings and teachings have been an immense help to me.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

what on earth is open theism???? +CrazyEyes

victoryword wrote:In the early 90s I had come under attack due to preaching on what was called "Word-Faith heresy" because I emphasized God's desire to heal, deliver and meet financial needs (and I no, I never preached the extreme "get rich quick" stuff in case anyone asks). I had heard of Dake's Bible but never thought to buy one.

One day I received a catalogue in the mail for Charismatic books and they prominently featured several of Dake's books. I bought GPFM and Bible Truths Unmasked. I began to read and then devour them. Although I did not agree with everything Dake wrote at the time (for example, Dake taught what is now called "Open Theism". I strongly disagreed with him at the time. But now I am an Open Theist. Go figure), his teachings of the Gap "theory," and his teachings on faith, healing, prosperity, and holiness (victory over sin) helped me immensely, removed the last bit of doubt I had about certain aspects of the faith message (A. B. Simpson and Andrew Murray were also helpful inthis regard) and emboldened my stance on the message of faith.

I later bought the Dake Annotated Reference Bible. While I still have a few areas where I might disagree with Dake (not sure if I have known anyone I have ever agreed 100% with on doctrinal issues), I am thankful to God for this man. His writings and teachings have been an immense help to me.

victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Post by victoryword »

branham1965 wrote:what on earth is open theism???? +CrazyEyes
Hello, Billy. If you get a chance and if you have GPFM, look up what Finis Dake says on "foreknowledge' and you will understand. Also Titus has a thread on it with some links somewhere on here.

royplumber
Stand Against the Wiles of the Devil

Post by royplumber »

Thank for all your comments very inspiring and i am sure finis will be inspired to
kind regards roy

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

victoryword wrote:
Hello, Billy. If you get a chance and if you have GPFM, look up what Finis Dake says on "foreknowledge' and you will understand. Also Titus has a thread on it with some links somewhere on here.
Billy - here's one way to think of it.

There are some things that will happen in the future which have already been predetermined by God and are set in stone: such as the Second Coming of Christ, the Final Judgment, the final defeat of Satan, etc.

There are other things that will happen in the future which have not been predetermined by God because He allows for human choices and decisions: such as what shirt I will wear tomorrow, whether I will give in to temptation if it comes or whether I will overcome it, whether there will be 20 people at my Bible study group tomorrow night or fewer, or more.

In other words, the future is made up of both things which WILL actually happen (because God has predetermined them to happen) and things which COULD possibly happen (because God allows us to make choices). Some things about the future are left "open" for both us and God, awaiting our decisions when the time comes.

God knows the future perfectly, which means He knows it as it really is: with some things set in stone and other things left open.
But He is always ready and able to respond to whatever decisions we make. He has all the resources needed to deal with the choices man makes, without having to predetermine what those choices will be.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

thank you Pastor Troy. :scatter:

victoryword wrote: