Dake Bible Discussion BoardBroken Heart Does it Equal you have fear

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
royplumber
Stand Against the Wiles of the Devil

Broken Heart Does it Equal you have fear

Post by royplumber »

Will you get into heaven with a broken heart

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Re: Broken Heart Does it Equal you have fear

Post by titus213 »

royplumber wrote:Will you get into heaven with a broken heart
Your emotional condition is not the basis by which you get into heaven. The only basis on which you can enter heaven is what Jesus did for you. Jesus paid it all. Whoever accepts and trusts Him gets in on everything God has. Heaven, but even more: life starting now . . . complete and forever. Life in and through Jesus.

So the Father doesn't want you to go through life until heaven with a heart that's broken. What earthly father would want that for one of his kids? Obviously, then, your heavenly Father doesn't want that for you! Jesus said He came to set the burdened and battered free (Luke 4). I think one of the core issues with people who are brokenhearted and cannot get past it is that they are too self-centered. By that I mean that because of memories or unforgiveness or hurt or all of the above, they keep looking at themselves and what was done to them and how it has messed with them and how no one understands them, etc. Do you see the word that keeps repeating? THEM. It's all about THEM.

Paul was a man who had a broken heart. He was heartbroken over his past behavior when was he doing his best to go on a witch hunt, chasing down every Christian he could find and making sure they were shut up one way or another. He writes about it to his apprentice Timothy in 1 Timothy 1. Paul was heartbroken about his Jewish people (Romans 9) that he'd grown up with, and how they had been so blessed by God but turned a deaf ear to Him, to the point of rejecting the Messiah when He showed up in their neighborhood, just as Paul himself has done.

But Paul knew he couldn't just wallow in self-pity at all the hurt he felt. Jesus had work for him to do, an assignment for him to carry out. Jesus has that for all of us. Paul could just sit and soak and turn sour. Or he could get off his duff and, by the power of the Holy Spirit, turn his eyes off himself and his past, and focus them on the Lord and his future. He says he learned to forget about the things behind him and instead began reaching out for the things ahead of him. Christ had grabbed hold of him so that he could grab hold of the goal Christ had set out in front of him. And he was off and running, eyes on the goal, not turning back (Philippians 3).

So none of us can afford to let a heartbroken spirit disable us. I know it's hard. My wife died just after Christmas, after nearly 3 years fighting cancer. She died at home here, in my arms. It was, honestly, heart-wrenching. For weeks I just felt awful and couldn't get those last few hours with her out of my mind. Then the Lord reminded me: "You don't feel bad for HER -- you know she's with Me and has no more pain or suffering. You feel bad for YOU, because you miss her. I understand. But you need to continue doing what you did together for all 46 years of your marriage -- listening to My voice and following My lead".

And that, my friend, is what I'm trying to do. The heartbreak is still there, as it was for Paul. But the heart-mender is there too; his name is Jesus.

royplumber

Post by royplumber »

i am so sorry to here about your loss and pray for healing and as job went through that sad period you would be restored to man called you to be
and give you hope and the desires of your heart
in jesus name.

I was looking at Galatians 5:19 i see in most of the works of the flesh behind all this junk broken hearts

Which leads me on to another question what is the diffrence between the
kingdom of god and the kingdom of heaven

bless you all

titus213

Post by titus213 »

royplumber wrote: Which leads me on to another question what is the difference between the
kingdom of god and the kingdom of heaven

bless you all
Many would say there is no difference; that "kingdom of heaven",which is found only in Matthew's gospel, is just his way of saying "kingdom of God". They explain that “heaven” (lit., “the heavens”) is a substitute for the name “God” that Matthew avoided because he was a devout Jew and felt the name 'God' was too holy to write.
The problem with that theory is that Matthew uses "kingdom of God" as well, 5 times in his gospel. So, are they perhaps interchangeable, just 2 different ways of saying the same thing? It wouldn't seem so -- why would he use 'kingdom of heaven' 30+ times compared to 'kingdom of God'?

So many traditional dispensationalists, such as Dake, do point out this difference: the 'kingdom of heaven' is the promised Messianic kingdom headed up by Jesus for the purpose of bringing the kingdom of God once again to this earth. Since Christ's kingship was rejected by the Jews, the 'kingdom of heaven' will not be set up on earth until His Second Coming. Dake explains that in the meanwhile it is the realm of profession, by which he means that until Jesus returns both tares and wheat, fakes and true believers, are mixed together. When Jesus returns those who really possess the kingdom of heaven will be identified and separated from those who only professed to belong to it. (NOTE: most modern dispensationalists, aka 'progressive' dispensationalists, no longer teach that there is a difference).

So the kingdom of heaven is a subset of the kingdom of God. It is the earthly, Messianic aspect of God's kingdom -- God's kingdom is His rule over the entire universe. So there are many differences between them, as you might imagine. Dake mentions many of them in various places in his notes.

royplumber

Post by royplumber »

thankyou so much

titus213

Post by titus213 »

royplumber wrote:thankyou so much
You're welcome, and thank you for your prayers for me.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

i remember as a teenager that when folks died in the Church and there were not many

it was considered not spiritual to grieve.

i think its right to grieve. :agrue: but ....it can get out of hand.

i was waylaid by Ziggys death my english bulldog in 9-2007.he was 10 and died of cancer. then Monty the bulldog died at 5 years from cancer 5-2011.he was Mom and Deweys dog.

Kimbo died after a long struggle with it in 3-2015.i went hysterical.i saw him die at the animal hospital.we looked each other in the eye...it was awful.

im alone here.and he was my best buddy. i still am gutted by it. :agrue:

titus213

Post by titus213 »

Well, Paul wrote that he still had "mega" (in Greek) heaviness and continual sorrow for his Jewish kinsmen (Romans 9:1-3).
And he wrote about the rapture to the Christians in Thessalonica (my wife's parental hometown, btw) so they wouldn't sorrow AS those who have no hope, in 1 Thess. 4. He doesn't tell them not to sorrow, but not to let their sorrow be like the unbelieving world -- carrying on over them, getting drunk at the 'wake', as you say just getting out of hand. I guess if a person thinks the grave is the last word and you have nothing to look forward to, maybe that makes sense. But not for the child of God.

So sorrow, yes . . . it's part of the way God wired us to miss the ones we love when they leave us behind here. But we sorrow as those who have hope. Jesus trumps death.
branham1965 wrote:i remember as a teenager that when folks died in the Church and there were not many

i was waylaid by Ziggys death my english bulldog in 9-2007.he was 10 and died of cancer. then Monty the bulldog died at 5 years from cancer 5-2011.he was Mom and Deweys dog.

Kimbo died after a long struggle with it in 3-2015.i went hysterical.i saw him die at the animal hospital.we looked each other in the eye...it was awful.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

thank you Pastor for that teaching.

i hope to see my old bulldog buddies up there...i often think how awful if they were there waiting for me and i never come. :arrow:

i saw a soldier come home and his German shepherd was so happy.he had another puppy too who was happy.
and his family was thrilled too.

titus213 wrote:Well, Paul wrote that he still had "mega" (in Greek) heaviness and continual sorrow for his Jewish kinsmen (Romans 9:1-3).
And he wrote about the rapture to the Christians in Thessalonica (my wife's parental hometown, btw) so they wouldn't sorrow AS those who have no hope, in 1 Thess. 4. He doesn't tell them not to sorrow, but not to let their sorrow be like the unbelieving world -- carrying on over them, getting drunk at the 'wake', as you say just getting out of hand. I guess if a person thinks the grave is the last word and you have nothing to look forward to, maybe that makes sense. But not for the child of God.

So sorrow, yes . . . it's part of the way God wired us to miss the ones we love when they leave us behind here. But we sorrow as those who have hope. Jesus trumps death.
branham1965 wrote:i remember as a teenager that when folks died in the Church and there were not many

royplumber

Post by royplumber »

if i was satan i'd make sure id break all your hearts especially the men in your generations so when your born you don't know what a normal life
looks like so you die with this.