Dake Bible Discussion BoardTHE HOLY BAPTISM REAL OR COUNTERFEIT

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

THE HOLY BAPTISM REAL OR COUNTERFEIT

Post by branham1965 »

ALL PENTECOSTALS -CHARISMATICS BELIEVE IN SALVATION AND THE BAPTISM IN THE HOLY GHOST .i hope. :agrue:

i heard Dad Hagin saying today there IS a counterfeit tongue.Dr.Lester Sumrall says this.as does Reverend Ernest Angley.

William Branham said he was once at a table of church folks.and 2 men approached him.

Brother Branham saw this by the Spirit... he said one man was outwardly ok.he spoke in tongues danced etc.but inwardly he was a rotten hypocrite sleeping with his neighbors wife.

the other was a real believer.

THE LIFE IN THE SPIRIT STUDY BIBLE OR FIRE STUDY BIBLE DEALS WITH THIS SO WELL.

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Re: THE HOLY BAPTISM REAL OR COUNTERFEIT

Post by titus213 »

Based on Paul's teaching in 1 Cor 12 - 14 we can see that any of the gifts can be misused. They can also amount to nothing if love is missing. I think any of them can be faked. Sometimes pressure is put on people, for example, to "speak in tongues" by repeating sounds being made by another person who is supposedly teaching them how to do it. Whenever I hear a group of people repeating the same phrase together (like 'sha-ba-ba') I have my doubts.

Satan can counterfeit the gifts. Not in a true child of God, of course, but in someone who isn't.
branham1965 wrote:ALL PENTECOSTALS -CHARISMATICS BELIEVE IN SALVATION AND THE BAPTISM IN THE HOLY GHOST .i hope. :agrue:

i heard Dad Hagin saying today there IS a counterfeit tongue.Dr.Lester Sumrall says this.as does Reverend Ernest Angley.

William Branham said he was once at a table of church folks.and 2 men approached him.

Brother Branham saw this by the Spirit... he said one man was outwardly ok.he spoke in tongues danced etc.but inwardly he was a rotten hypocrite sleeping with his neighbors wife.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

thank you Pastor.
i agree with you. :rainbow1:
titus213 wrote:Based on Paul's teaching in 1 Cor 12 - 14 we can see that any of the gifts can be misused. They can also amount to nothing if love is missing. I think any of them can be faked. Sometimes pressure is put on people, for example, to "speak in tongues" by repeating sounds being made by another person who is supposedly teaching them how to do it. Whenever I hear a group of people repeating the same phrase together (like 'sha-ba-ba') I have my doubts.

Satan can counterfeit the gifts. Not in a true child of God, of course, but in someone who isn't.
branham1965 wrote:ALL PENTECOSTALS -CHARISMATICS BELIEVE IN SALVATION AND THE BAPTISM IN THE HOLY GHOST .i hope. :agrue:

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Dad Hagin said he would deal with these rare strange cases in private.because if the Church knew it they would worry that they were not right either and by doing so open the door to the devil.

i loved Dad Hagin very much.

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

:angel: that just sounds like being a wise pastor
branham1965 wrote:Dad Hagin said he would deal with these rare strange cases in private.because if the Church knew it they would worry that they were not right either and by doing so open the door to the devil.

i loved Dad Hagin very much.