Dake Bible Discussion BoardAdultery's Destruction of the Soul

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Adultery's Destruction of the Soul

Post by victoryword »

From our upcoming daily devotional book, "Vindicating God: a Unique Daily Devotional"

http://victoriouswordchurch.blogspot.co ... -soul.html

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Adultery's Destruction of the Soul

Post by branham1965 »

that's a powerful post.your Church is very blessed to have you Pastor. :angel:

victoryword wrote:From our upcoming daily devotional book, "Vindicating God: a Unique Daily Devotional"

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

victoryword wrote:From our upcoming daily devotional book, "Vindicating God: a Unique Daily Devotional"

Good, straight shooting. :angel: :angel: :angel:

victoryword

Post by victoryword »

titus213 wrote:

A compliment from Titus? Let me pinch myself to make sure that I am NOT dreaming :mrgreen:

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

WHAT would you say the %%%%%% of Christians who are divorced now?????? and remarried .some numerous times.

its about the same as the others in our country.

victoryword wrote:
titus213 wrote:

A compliment from Titus? Let me pinch myself to make sure that I am NOT dreaming :mrgreen:

victoryword

Post by victoryword »

branham1965 wrote:WHAT would you say the %%%%%% of Christians who are divorced now?????? and remarried .some numerous times.

According to Jesus, they are committing adultery. The only good Biblical reasons for divorce is if the unbelieving spouse leaves or if one of them commits adultery. However, no sin is unforgivable except the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit so if they sincerely repent then they can be forgiven.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

YES im very aware of all that coming from the church of Christ years ago.

and ive known personally of +goofy who tried to break up homes because the people were not born again when they got divorced and found Jesus when remarried and told them they were living in adultery.

no one can be meaner than some church folks.

Dad Hagin wrote a great book on this.all his books were great.

victoryword wrote:
branham1965 wrote:WHAT would you say the %%%%%% of Christians who are divorced now?????? and remarried .some numerous times.

According to Jesus, they are committing adultery. The only good Biblical reasons for divorce is if the unbelieving spouse leaves or if one of them commits adultery. However, no sin is unforgivable except the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit so if they sincerely repent then they can be forgiven.

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

:angel: In a church where I was pastor I had a fellow who had come to Christ and then led his wife to Christ. This was the 2nd marriage for them both. About a year later he hooked up with a Bible study group that were big on the doctrines of Charles Finney. I don't know what Finney himself taught about divorce and remarriage, but this group told my church member that he was living in adultery and needed to end his 2nd marriage, then attempt to regain his 1st wife (who was now remarried as well and was not a Christian). That was quite a mess to try to deal with!
branham1965 wrote:YES im very aware of all that coming from the church of Christ years ago.

and ive known personally of +goofy who tried to break up homes because the people were not born again when they got divorced and found Jesus when remarried and told them they were living in adultery.

victoryword wrote:

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

thanks for responding to my posts Pastor. +dove it is very very kind of you. Pastor Titus
it is a rough subject.

often innocent children are made to suffer because their parents crack up or some so called preacher is a out of whack.

God sees it all.nothing is hid from the eyes of the good LORD.

Gordon Lindsay has a book on this as well that is excellent.

titus213 wrote::angel: In a church where I was pastor I had a fellow who had come to Christ and then led his wife to Christ. This was the 2nd marriage for them both. About a year later he hooked up with a Bible study group that were big on the doctrines of Charles Finney. I don't know what Finney himself taught about divorce and remarriage, but this group told my church member that he was living in adultery and needed to end his 2nd marriage, then attempt to regain his 1st wife (who was now remarried as well and was not a Christian). That was quite a mess to try to deal with!
branham1965 wrote:YES im very aware of all that coming from the church of Christ years ago.

victoryword wrote:

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Adultery is bad enough, now were seeing this day in day out in full public view, this which once was illegal? They are now actively fighting to be allowed to marry and our government, like the USA will, sooner than later pass laws which will allow this to happen.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?