Dake Bible Discussion BoardTHE PRIMACY OF ..... PETER

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Re: THE PRIMACY OF ..... PETER

Post by titus213 »

TAKE YOUR LICKIN' SIR.YOU GOT WHOOPED.

Ummm, I don't think so . . . but nice try. You should check your Dake Bible on those passages you are throwing out there, it might help clear up your confusion.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

SIGHS....

titus213 wrote:TAKE YOUR LICKIN' SIR.YOU GOT WHOOPED.

Ummm, I don't think so . . . but nice try. You should check your Dake Bible on those passages you are throwing out there, it might help clear up your confusion.

titus213

Post by titus213 »

branham1965 wrote:I DONT LIVE OFF THE NOTES OF OTHERS.I RESPECT THE REVEREND VERY MUCH.BUT MY PASTOR SAID READ YOUR OWN BIBLE AND DONT LIVE OFF ANOTHER MAN'S EXPERIENCE.

YOU LOST.ADMIT IT.IF NOT THEN POINT BY POINT REFUTE ME ON YOUR OWN.YOUR OWN THOUGHTS. :-D

+baseball +clubBox +dunk
titus213 wrote:TAKE YOUR LICKIN' SIR.YOU GOT WHOOPED.

OK let's have a look (my comment are in CAPS):

Matt 16 :18 Peter WAS called the rock WRONG. He was called Peter (pebble). The rock (bedrock) was the confession Peter made: You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.
Matt 16:19 He was given the keys TRUE - but not because he had primacy; it was because he acknowledged who Jesus truly was. All believers in Christ also are given the keys to the kingdom.
Luke 22:32 He was to strengthen his brethren YES . . . so??
John 21:17 he was addressed as chief shepherd by Jesus WRONG
Mark 16:7 Angel sent to Peter WRONG The angel was sent with a message for the women to take to all the disciples and Peter
Luke 24:34 Jesus appeared to him SO? Jesus appeared to Mary first, and he appeared to the 2 disciples on the road to Emmaus.
Acts 1 he headed the meeting YES HE DID
Acts 2 led the Apostolic preaching RIGHT
verse 41 received first converts WRONG it says the first converts received Peter's word and were added TO THEM (the group of 120 in the upper room)
Acts 3 performed first miracle TRUE
Acts 5 killed two liars by the hand of God TRUE
Acts 8 booted first heretic verse 21 TRUE - except I don't know about 'booting' him; he rebuked him
Acts10 used key to open door to Gentiles TRUE
Acts 15 led first council in Jerusalem +hammer WRONG it was led by James, who made the official decision as leader to which the others agreed
verse 19 pronounces first dogmatic decision verse 19 WRONG the statement was made by James who is speaking in v.19
Galatians 1:18 after his conversion Paul visits chief apostle WRONG Paul doesn't call Peter a "chief apostle". And he also visited James at that time. And Paul specifically lumps Peter in with James and John as pillars together of the church
Gal 2:11-14 Peter opposed by Paul YES
Peter's name always heads list of apostles Mt 10,Mark 3,Luke 6,acts 1 TRUE
Peter and his companions Lk 9:32;Mark 16:7 SO????
Spoke for the apostles mt 18:21,mk 8:29 lk 8:45,12:41,John 6:69 TRUE

So there you go. Of course, there are other things to consider: (1) Jesus taught against his disciples trying to jockey for position or figure out who was first. He would hardly have endorsed the idea of Peter having primacy; (2) Peter himself never claimed to have any kind of primacy. He simply called himself "an elder" along with others (1 Peter 5); (3) he was not involved in the expansion of the church among the Gentiles (that was Paul's assignment) so he hardly had any kind of primacy over them, and he didn't even have primacy over the Jewish wing of the church (as seen from Acts 15 and Galatians 2).

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

THE LORD JESUS CHRIST is the only One who is worthy of primacy and any glory and worship.

i should never have posted that thread. +crazyhead +rake

titus213

Post by titus213 »

branham1965 wrote:THE LORD JESUS CHRIST is the only One who is worthy of primacy and any glory and worship.

i should never have posted that thread. +crazyhead +rake
Amen to Jesus being the only one worthy of preeminence!

I think it's good that you posted it if for no other reason than that many have been told Peter was the first pope / primate of the Church, and maybe it helps for them to see that, although he was worthy of honor and definitely was A leader in the early days, he was not what they've been told.

With that, I'm done.

davido
Be Strong in the Power of His Might

Post by davido »

Peter healed his mother in law
Peter was never in Rome in the text of the bible
Peter was missing for some 14 years
After 67 AD Peter was never reported to be anywhere
No one ever in Rome ever saw Peter there
Peter only ministered to the Jews, never to the gentile, but we read his words in the bible.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

yes he was married.i never once said he was not.i learned that as a mere babe in arms.JESUS healed his mother in law.
he was missing????says who???? some protestant or ultra dispensationalist dreamer??????????
the great commission which he heard and saw from Jesus with his own eyes/ears said go into all the world.They all went everywhere says Mark.and history shows all were martyred but John.
the Jews rejected Jesus Christ and they still do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

history reports Peter in Rome where he was crucified upside down.

A FACT......John 21 Jesus tells Peter how he will die.
you reformers sure know how to mangle the texts and history. +ClubComputer +punch

davido wrote:Peter healed his mother in law
Peter was never in Rome in the text of the bible
Peter was missing for some 14 years
After 67 AD Peter was never reported to be anywhere
No one ever in Rome ever saw Peter there
Peter only ministered to the Jews, never to the gentile, but we read his words in the bible.

davido

Post by davido »

Peter ministered only to the Jews. There is no record of Peter being in Rome ever.
Peter did heal his mother in law, so Peter was not celebate.

davido

Post by davido »

Peter was never in Rome.
Peter ministered only to the Jews The books Peter was inspired to write were to the Jews, not the gentiles.
Peter healed his mother in law, so Peter was not celebate.
Peters whereabouts are missing for like 14 years after Jesus's cruxification.

None of the apostles in the bible ever mentioned Peter in Rome and after the destruction of the temple
in Jerusalem Peter was never to be mentioned having been seen.