Dake Bible Discussion BoardTHE PRIMACY OF ..... PETER

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

THE PRIMACY OF ..... PETER

Post by branham1965 »

DID YOU KNOW THAT SAINT PETER'S NAME OCCURS 195 TIMES ; MORE THAN ALL THE REST PUT TOGETHER.

im not teaching Catholicism.

but i do think he was the top Apostle?????i always loved him.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: THE PRIMACY OF ..... PETER

Post by branham1965 »

i didnt think anyone would have the sand to address that one.

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

branham1965 wrote:DID YOU KNOW THAT SAINT PETER'S NAME OCCURS 195 TIMES ; MORE THAN ALL THE REST PUT TOGETHER.

I like Peter, too. But he had no primacy among the apostles. In the very early days he and John ministered together. Later James had the lead, if anyone (Acts 15). Paul names all 3 men as "pillars" of the church but only in Jerusalem, not that it mattered what they were to Paul (he says) because God doesn't play favorites (Galatians 2). It's interesting that Paul never greets Peter in any of his letters, nor does he send greetings from Peter. In fact, he only mentions Peter 5 times and it only has to do with their disagreement in Antioch, as recorded in Galatians.

But I like Peter because he seems to have been eager to be the first guy to speak up, the first guy to step up to volunteer, etc. Sometimes getting himself in over his head like when he tried walking on water, but I like his spunk.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Spunk is a naughty word down under so don't use it in your posts, it might get deleted! :lol!:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

OH REALLY??????

Matt 16 :18 Peter WAS called the rock
Matt 16:19 He was given the keys
Luke 22:32 He was to strengthen his brethren
John 21:17 he was addressed as chief shepherd by Jesus
Mark 16:7 Angel sent to Peter
Luke 24:34 Jesus appeared to him
Acts 1 he headed the meeting
Acts 2 led the Apostolic preaching verse 38 gave the plan of salvation =rejected by most of Protestant Christendom ie that Christian water baptism was included in salvation initiation experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
verse 41 received first converts
Acts 3 performed first miracle
Acts 5 killed two liars by the hand of God
Acts 8 booted first heretic verse 21
Acts10 used key to open door to Gentiles
Acts 15 led first council in Jerusalem +hammer
verse 19 pronounces first dogmatic decision verse 19
Galatians 1:18 after his conversion Paul visits chief apostle
Gal 2:11-14 Peter opposed by Paul
Peter's name always heads list of apostles Mt 10,Mark 3,Luke 6,acts 1
Peter and his companions Lk 9:32;Mark 16:7
Spoke for the apostles mt 18:21,mk 8:29 lk 8:45,12:41,John 6:69

:splat: :splat: :splat:

titus213 wrote:
branham1965 wrote:DID YOU KNOW THAT SAINT PETER'S NAME OCCURS 195 TIMES ; MORE THAN ALL THE REST PUT TOGETHER.

I like Peter, too. But he had no primacy among the apostles. In the very early days he and John ministered together. Later James had the lead, if anyone (Acts 15). Paul names all 3 men as "pillars" of the church but only in Jerusalem, not that it mattered what they were to Paul (he says) because God doesn't play favorites (Galatians 2). It's interesting that Paul never greets Peter in any of his letters, nor does he send greetings from Peter. In fact, he only mentions Peter 5 times and it only has to do with their disagreement in Antioch, as recorded in Galatians.

But I like Peter because he seems to have been eager to be the first guy to speak up, the first guy to step up to volunteer, etc. Sometimes getting himself in over his head like when he tried walking on water, but I like his spunk.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

SEEMS TO ME THAT PETER DID WALK ON THE WATER.HE WALKED.

HE FAILED BY TAKING HIS EYES OFF JESUS.I LOVE PETER.

WHEN THE LORD JESUS CHRIST WAS RAISED FROM THE DEAD.PETER SAW HIM ON THE FISHING BOAT.AND JUMPED IN THE WATER TO SEE HIM.
HE IS MENTIONED MORE THAN ALL THE OTHERS.195 TIMES.MORE THAN ALL OTHERS PUT TOGETHER. :| :|

titus213 wrote:

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Saint Paul was the other one.and in Peters letter he praises Paul. :angel:

im not teaching Catholicism.i do not hate it.nor badmouth it.my Great grandmothers were Russian Orthodox and Roman Catholic.

but i do think he was the top Apostle.i always loved him.and he died like his Lord did.on a cross.

revised.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

:angel:
Well said billy.

PETER WAS A TRUE DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

Several of the items in your list are wrong. For example, Jesus never called Peter the rock. Peter did not lead the council at Jerusalem, James did. Peter was not the only one given the keys to the kingdom, all the apostles were given them. He is never called the chief Shepherd by Jesus or anyone else!

So yes, "oh really"

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

YOU REALLY THINK YOU ARE A SCHOLAR EH?????? PETER WAS NAMED 195 TIMES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!MORE THAN ALL OTHER PUT TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE CAT GOT YOUR TONGUE.
READ ACTS 15:7 PETER SPOKE FIRST.
JAMES IS NOT MENTIONED AS PETER WAS.DID HE PREACH ON PENTECOST.NO.HE HEALED THE MAN AT THE GATE.AND SPOKE TO THE EVIL DEVILS WHO KILLED HIS LORD IN ACTS 4.
CH 5 HE DEALT WITH THE LIARS.
HE WAS SENT FOR IN ACTS 8 WITH JOHN.BOTH APOSTLES.CHAPTER 11 HE CONTENDED WITH THE JEWS .HE IS MENTIONED.
CHAPTER 12 HE WAS JAILED AND FREED BY THE ANGEL.

YES HE DID CALL HIM A ROCK.NOT THE ROCK OF AGES.BUT A ROCK IN THE CHURCH.THE CHURCH IS BUILT UPON THE FOUNDATION OF .......THE APOSTLES....AND PROPHETS .OUR LORD IS THE CHIEF CORNERSTONE.

WERE YE BAPTIZED IN THE NAME OF JAMES??????FAT CHANCE.IT WAS PETER.

I NEED TO EASE UP HERE.OR ILL BE SINNING.SIGHS..........
titus213 wrote:Several of the items in your list are wrong. For example, Jesus never called Peter the rock. Peter did not lead the council at Jerusalem, James did. Peter was not the only one given the keys to the kingdom, all the apostles were given them. He is never called the chief Shepherd by Jesus or anyone else!

So yes, "oh really"
Last edited by branham1965 on Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.