Dake Bible Discussion BoardHow many angels did God create and what are we up against.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

How many angels did God create and what are we up against.

Post by Ironman »

Rev. 5: 11, And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;

While the Scriptures give no definite figures, we are told that the number of angels is very great;

Daniel 7:10, “A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

There are 100,000,000 Plus! . . . . many Millions more mentioned in Scripture alone.

Matthew 26:53, teaches; “Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

How many angels are in one legion? A legion numbers 6000 so 12 legions would be 72000 angels. Each angel could slay 185 thousand men in one night as one did in Isa. 37: 36;

“Then the angel of the LORD went forth, and smote in the camp of the Assyrians a hundred and fourscore and five thousand: and when they arose early in the morning, behold, they were all dead corpses.” (Isa. 37:36).

Here in Hebrews 12:22, Scripture mentions angels as being INNUMERABLE!

“But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,” (Hebrews 12:22).

In Revelation 12, we read;

Revelation 12:4 "...behold a great red Dragon... And his tail drew the THIRD PART OF THE STARS OF HEAVEN, and did cast them to the earth..."

How many angels would make up one third part Of God’s angels, angels that Scripture teaches are innumerable in number? How long would it have taken Lucifer to convince one third of God’s angels of his plan to dethrone God and that he would succeed and for them to join him in his quest?
And God would definitely have heard of this plan by Lucifer and allowed it to continue so that any angels who had rebellion on their mind would finally be exposed. God may even have allowed this to continue for the allotted time in the hope those thinking of joining Lucifer might repent and not turn against God? :arrow:

God knew that mankind would not have a sophisticated enough number system to grasp the vastness of the Heavenly host so throughout the Bible His Holy Spirit inspires the metaphor "[like] stars in the sky" instead of a number. Today we know the number of stars in space is roughly in the Trillions, - Using Trillions as the benchmark, and then trying to figure out one third of the plural number “TRILLIONS,” we can barely imagine how many angels were involved in this rebellion!

Jesus could well have had and called upon TWELVE TRILLION angels as His personal bodyguard if He so wanted!

I come now to what we are up against when I see so many friends, myself included, constantly fighting to stay “In Jesus!”

Biblical hero's including

King Saul;
Who committed suicide,

1 Samuel 31:4, “Then said Saul unto his armour bearer, Draw thy sword, and thrust me through therewith; lest these uncircumcised come and thrust me through, and abuse4 me. But his armourbearer would not; for he was sore afraid. Therefore Saul took a sword, and fell upon it.”

King David;
Committed sins of Lust, adultery and murder;

2 Sam. 11:2, “And it came to pass in an eveningtide, that David arose from off his bed, and walked upon the roof of the king's house: and from the roof he saw a woman washing herself; and the woman was very beautiful to look upon.
V 3, And David sent and enquired after the woman. And one said, Is not this Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam, the wife of Uriah the Hittite?”

2 Sam. 11:15, And he wrote in the letter, saying, Set ye Uriah in the forefront of the hottest battle, and retire ye from him, that he may be smitten, and die.”

King Solomon;
Loved many strange women who in his old age drew him into idolatry;

“But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites; and in his old age they drew him into idolatry, (1 Kings 11:1),

If after being chosen by God to lead Israel, and having a personal face to face relationship with God, could we be tempted by the devil to turn our back on God, to commit murder, or openly to worship idols for a woman, created by God, as beautiful as this?

And this woman is clothed, not naked and bathing herself?

Being constantly and repeatedly tempted by our adversary and his huge angelic army of evil angels and demons who and how can we possibly resist such an onslaught?

How is it possible for us to defend ourselves against such a huge army, multiple thousands of millions of sinning angels, ruling Principalities, ruling powers, lying, making false promises, planning, plotting, inventing ways to have us destroyed,

We can, with the help of the Holy Spirit, and by having a solid relationship with the Father through His Son, we can and we will defeat Satan and his army just as Jesus did.

Eph 6:12, For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Here is our lifeline, Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living Father;

Coll. 2:14-15,
V 14, Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

V 15, And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.”

We believe in Him and in the Father who sent Him!

John. 6:39, And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

John. 6:44, No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Amen.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: How many angels did God create and what are we up agains

Post by branham1965 »

that is a powerful post Haz.

it is one of the great mysteries of the Word. :agrue:

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

These sinning angels are a match for anyone not on the ball.

Mark 8:33, But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.

Luke 22:31, And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: This includes all of us, were all in Satans firing line till the day we die.

Peter who knew Christ, saw all Christ did said, "Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee. Likewise also said all the disciples." The disciples concurred!

Matt. 26: 31, Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.
32, But after I am risen again, I will go before you into Galilee.
33, Peter answered and said unto him, Though all men shall be offended because of thee, yet will I never be offended.
34, Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
35, Peter said unto him, Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee. Likewise also said all the disciples.

What happened when Peter was tested? Peter denied Christ three times, even swore and said, "I know Him not!

Matt. 26:69 Now Peter sat without in the palace: and a damsel came unto him, saying, Thou also wast with Jesus of Galilee.
70, But he denied before them all, saying, I know not what thou sayest.
71, And when he was gone out into the porch, another maid saw him, and said unto them that were there, This fellow was also with Jesus of Nazareth.
72, And again he denied with an oath, I do not know the man.
73, And after a while came unto him they that stood by, and said to Peter, Surely thou also art one of them; for thy speech bewrayeth thee.
74, Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the cock crew.
75, And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.

Jesus said; Matt. 10:33, But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Thankfully Peter repented.

Satan and his massive army of rebels never let up, they work on us till the day we die!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

good post mate. :angel:

those evil angels are indeed a ruthless bunch.and very malicious. my late Pastor preached a little every Sunday on Ephesians 6.He could take a verse like John 1:4 and ministered on it for weeks.

He was God called .

thanks for these excellent posts.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Haz is my mate.and i back him.being friends we can share.

now the Scriptures speak of "uncovering her nakedness".this was very serious to God.

women like this babe are on all our beaches.

that is why the old timers did not mixed swim :shocked!: some still do not ...and women dressed with modesty.