Dake Bible Discussion BoardUnreaping the Bad Seeds We Have Sown

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Unreaping the Bad Seeds We Have Sown

Post by victoryword »

Unreaping the Bad Seeds We Have Sown

http://victoriouswordchurch.blogspot.co ... -sown.html

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Unreaping the Bad Seeds We Have Sown

Post by branham1965 »

that is a very fine post. :angel: :angel:

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

Sure is :angel: :angel:

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

ARE YOU STILL ALIVE BIG DADDY?????????????? +wink2

macca wrote:Sure is :angel: :angel:

macca

Post by macca »

just :mrgreen:

victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Post by victoryword »

So sad for you Titus. You seem to serve a God who either does not have the ability to turn away the consequences of your sin or has the ability and is unwilling to do so.

There is Hyper-grace that says sin to no end and God's grace will cover you. This is a lie of the devil. But then there is the opposite extreme that says that you can sin and repent and God might forgive you but will let you keep your sickness, poverty and other consequences of sin that you brought on yourself.

While one person cites David's sin and the what happened afterwards, we dismiss a whole host of others such as Manasseh who committed egregious sin (such as sacrificing his children to Baal). But when he cried out to God he was delivered from his enemies. Ahab was about to be judged by God for killing the owner of the vineyard but when he repented, God did not bring the consequences of his sin upon him in his lifetime (until he fell back into sin). Then there is Nineveh who were a very cruel people. Their fasting removed from the consequences of their sin.

If I served the type of deity you claim then I would have no hope. Sorry you embrace such a hopeless religion.

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

victoryword wrote:So sad for you Titus. You seem to serve a God who either does not have the ability to turn away the consequences of your sin or has the ability and is unwilling to do so.

There is Hyper-grace that says sin to no end and God's grace will cover you. This is a lie of the devil. But then there is the opposite extreme that says that you can sin and repent and God might forgive you but will let you keep your sickness, poverty and other consequences of sin that you brought on yourself.

While one person cites David's sin and the what happened afterwards, we dismiss a whole host of others such as Manasseh who committed egregious sin (such as sacrificing his children to Baal). But when he cried out to God he was delivered from his enemies. Ahab was about to be judged by God for killing the owner of the vineyard but when he repented, God did not bring the consequences of his sin upon him in his lifetime (until he fell back into sin). Then there is Nineveh who were a very cruel people. Their fasting removed from the consequences of their sin.

If I served the type of deity you claim then I would have no hope. Sorry you embrace such a hopeless religion.
Well again you reach false, unbiblical conclusions! Of course God forgives sin, and of course he has mercy. But you claim he enables a person to "unreap" the seeds of sin they have sown, which is denied by Paul in the very verse in Galatians which you quoted. Take Manasseh for instance. Was he forgiven and blessed by God after he repented? Yes. Were the seeds of evil he had sown reversed? Ummm, hardly. Just ask the prophet Isaiah whom he killed, or his son Amon who grew up watching dad and followed in his father's evil ways, or the nation of Judah which fell due to his leading them into sin. The consequences of his actions were not "unreaped". Far from it.
And stop the foolish attempt to use a straw man argument. I never said God "might" forgive when you repent. He will. But does he promise to reverse the consequences of your sin? No. Nowhere. And James does not teach that either; there are conditions spelled out in the James passage meaning it cannot be used as a blanket statement as you are using it. Basic Bible 101 - if you have an interpretation which pits one part of the Bible against another so that they contradict each other, your interpretation is wrong. You need to fix it.

By the way, have you ever had a prison ministry? Try telling your spin on things to the prisoner who has accepted Christ but is still doing time for his crime. See how well your false conclusions fly with them!

macca

Post by macca »

The people in prison was something that struck me as well.
good point :angel:
macca

macca

Post by macca »

Moses is another he missed out on the promised land.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

I know of many in prison now who should have had RULE 303 applied to them as soon as they were found guilty!

John 10:10, The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: . . . . . "

Genesis 9:6, Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

Iron sharpens Iron!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?