Dake Bible Discussion BoardUnreaping the Bad Seeds We Have Sown

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Re: Unreaping the Bad Seeds We Have Sown

Post by victoryword »

“Wherefore, O king, let my counsel be acceptable unto thee, and break off thy sins by righteousness, and thine iniquities by shewing mercy to the poor; if it may be a lengthening of thy tranquility” (Dan. 4:27).

Nebuchadnezzar could have stopped the sowing and reaping process of his sins but he refused to.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Ezekiel 18:21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

JESUS IN THE GARDEN OF GETHSEMANE TOLD HIS MEN....THE SPIRIT IS WILLING BUT THE FLESH IS .....WHAT??????

PERFECT.NO.
WHAT IS IT????? ITS WHAT????? JESUS SAID SO.

WATCH YE AND PRAY THAT YOU ENTER NOT INTO TEMPTATION.THE SPIRIT IS WILLING BUT THE FLESH IS WEAK.

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

victoryword wrote:“Wherefore, O king, let my counsel be acceptable unto thee, and break off thy sins by righteousness, and thine iniquities by shewing mercy to the poor; if it may be a lengthening of thy tranquility” (Dan. 4:27).

Nebuchadnezzar could have stopped the sowing and reaping process of his sins but he refused to.
No one disagrees that by repenting and turning to God the process can be stopped FROM THAT POINT FORWARD. That is because new sowing to the Spirit is now being done, so naturally what's harvested will be different. To use Bibleman's analogy from the other day, if I stop planting corn and begin to plant green beans, I will get green beans instead of corn. The law of sowing and reaping says that we will harvest what we plant.

But Daniel makes no suggestion that the reaping due to the king's previous sins would stop. In fact, Daniel doesn't even promise that such a repentance will "lengthen the tranquility" (that is, "prolong the prosperity") for the king; notice his conditional statement "IF IT MAY BE". Sin always has consequences. Even forgiven sin. In his mercy God may mitigate those consequences for his repentant child, but there's a reason why Dake calls it the 'law' of sowing and reaping.

titus213

Post by titus213 »

bibleman wrote:Ezekiel 18:21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.
There is forgiveness and restored eternal life for those who turn from sin and obey the Lord. Their transgressions are blotted out. No one disagrees. As King David stated in Psalm 32: "Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile".

Yet it was that very same David who had to live the rest of his life reaping the consequences of his sin, even though it was forgiven and covered. See "The Twentyfold Reaping of David" at 2 Samuel 12:11 in the DARB.

victoryword

Post by victoryword »

Jeremiah 18
7 At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it;
8 If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.
9 And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it;
10 If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.

A nation can stop the sowing and reaping process if it will repent of its evil.

titus213

Post by titus213 »

victoryword wrote:Jeremiah 18
7 At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it;
8 If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.
9 And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it;
10 If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.

A nation can stop the sowing and reaping process if it will repent of its evil.
You have again chosen a passage which does not say what you claim it does. In fact it has nothing to do with the PROCESS of sowing and reaping! As the text plainly states, this is a situation where God threatens a nation with destruction. If they turn away from their sin God will change his plans and hold off on the threatened punishment. This will prevent the impending disaster God threatened to unleash, but it has no bearing on the issue of the ongoing consequences of sin.

The Book of Judges illustrates this. God repeatedly rescued the nation when they repented and cried out for help; he did not carry out his threat of abandoning them to their ways. But he also did not remove the consequences of their sinfulness when they repented. They had allowed the Canaanites to remain in the land, they had condoned the worship of Baal, they had engaged is immoral worship of Astarte -- and the consequences of all this continued in their nation as "everyone did what was right in his own eyes".

God did not enable ancient Israel to somehow "unreap the bad seeds" they had sown. The Bible does not teach such a notion. It specifically states exactly the opposite: "God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap".

victoryword

Post by victoryword »

And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works (Rev. 2:21-23)

Here is yet another very clear passage teaching us that one can unreap what they have sown through repentance. Jesus gives "according to works" (sowing) but will stop the process if there is repentance. Hence, once again the truth of this lesson is made clear.

titus213

Post by titus213 »

victoryword wrote:And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works (Rev. 2:21-23)

Here is yet another very clear passage teaching us that one can unreap what they have sown through repentance. Jesus gives "according to works" (sowing) but will stop the process if there is repentance. Hence, once again the truth of this lesson is made clear.
Once again your selection of this passage shows the confusion behind your premise. The passage says zip about so-called unreaping of what has been sown.

You are confused in 2 ways:

(1) you confuse punishment FOR sin (as these verses speak about) with the consequences OF sin. They are 2 different things. You keep trying to equate them. They are apples and oranges. No comparison. Punishment can be cancelled. Consequences cannot. This is just common sense, and is seen repeatedly all through the Bible. If I injure someone in a car crash because of drunk driving I may be able to get out of prison on good behavior but the consequences of my actions, for both the injured party and me, don't simply stop. I reap what I have sown. For the sins committed by Paul before his conversion he deserved to die. That punishment was not carried out. But the consequences of his sins, for both those he imprisoned and had executed as well as for himself, remained. He could not 'unreap' those. The same could be said of Adam, Abraham, Moses, David, Solomon, etc.

(2) you confuse the future with the present. An announced FUTURE action by God for continued sin may be withheld if there is repentance; this has no bearing on the question of PRESENT consequences for PAST sins.

victoryword

Post by victoryword »

Zephaniah 3:6-8 - Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

6 The Lord says, “I have destroyed whole nations and their defense towers. I destroyed their streets and now no one goes there anymore. Their cities are empty—no one lives there anymore. 7 I tell you this so that you will learn a lesson. I want you to fear and respect me. If you do this, your home will not be destroyed, and I will not have to punish you the way I planned.” But those evil people only wanted to do more of the same evil things they had already done!
8 The Lord said, “So just wait! Wait for me to stand and judge you. I have the right to bring people from many nations and use them to punish you. I will use them to show my anger against you. I will use them to show how upset I am—and the whole country will be destroyed.

God was giving Israel an opportunity to "unreap" what they had sown here. The Bible continually proves that a person does not have to reap the full extent of what they have sown if they wi;l repent of their sins.