Dake Bible Discussion BoardJesus Taught against "Once Saved, Always Saved"

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Jesus Taught against "Once Saved, Always Saved"

Post by victoryword »

Jesus Taught against "Once Saved, Always Saved"

Luk 12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
Luk 12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

Notice that this man claimed that Jesus was his Lord and he was one of God's servants. But this servant did some bad stuff. He also did not look for his Lord's coming. This person was a BELIEVER!! He even knew the will of God. However, when the Lord came back and found him still in his sins he was appointed a place with the UNBELIEVERS. His punishment will be worse than all the others.

Those who claim that once you are in grace you are always in grace ignore the words of Jesus, endanger their souls, and endanger the souls of those that they are teaching. The Lord is clear that if He comes back and finds us unprepared then we will suffer the same fate as unbelievers. It does not matter if you went to the altar in 1988 and dedicated your life to Christ. If Jesus comes back in 2015 and find you unprepared, guess what happens to you.

Your security does not rest on a one time act of grace. It rests on a continual living in grace which demonstrates itself through obedience.

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Re: Jesus Taught against "Once Saved, Always Saved"

Post by macca »

good :angel: :angel: :angel:
macca

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

victoryword wrote:Jesus Taught against "Once Saved, Always Saved"

Luk 12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
Luk 12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

Notice that this man claimed that Jesus was his Lord and he was one of God's servants. But this servant did some bad stuff. He also did not look for his Lord's coming. This person was a BELIEVER!! He even knew the will of God. However, when the Lord came back and found him still in his sins he was appointed a place with the UNBELIEVERS. His punishment will be worse than all the others.

Those who claim that once you are in grace you are always in grace ignore the words of Jesus, endanger their souls, and endanger the souls of those that they are teaching. The Lord is clear that if He comes back and finds us unprepared then we will suffer the same fate as unbelievers. It does not matter if you went to the altar in 1988 and dedicated your life to Christ. If Jesus comes back in 2015 and find you unprepared, guess what happens to you.

Your security does not rest on a one time act of grace. It rests on a continual living in grace which demonstrates itself through obedience.
Well put, very timely - blessings to you. You bring up that he was found in his sins and the place appointed for him. People make much too light of the sin issue and maintain that you cannot be free from sin in this life when the opposite is that you MUST be free from sin in this life. We need to make no mistake about sin and what happens if we are found in sin. You have given a perfect example of this fact. I perceive there was unbelief in him and much disobedience as well since we find he was appointed his place with the unbelievers.

One of the earliest examples of a type of OSAS is when the serpent told Even, "Ye shall not surely die" and yet God had said, "Thou shalt surely die". When you ponder this it really sinks in. Thousands of years later the lie still remains and is taught daily. The oft stated OSAS gab of, "God will save me no matter what I do" has many confounded. In another post a poster stated, "Won't God save me?" The answer is NO if you remain in sin because you have damned yourself to eternal torments.

Like the Niki commercial "Just do it", the serpent basically implies to do what you want, eat the forbidden fruit - if you disobey God no big deal you are saved anyway, God will take care of you and yet God does not say that. You give a perfect example of that very fact with the above example.

Keep bringing us light in His Word.

Word up!

victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Post by victoryword »

Thanks guys. Good insight and further clarification Luchnia.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Aspin off from the "I'm tired of fake Christians who call themselves sinners."

Preaching to the converted here. No one on here that I know has ever said one is saved regardless, even if one dies in sin?

Opening post states,
"Notice that this man claimed that Jesus was his Lord and he was one of God's servants. But this servant did some bad stuff. He also did not look for his Lord's coming. This person was a BELIEVER!! He even knew the will of God. However, when the Lord came back and found him still in his sins he was appointed a place with the UNBELIEVERS."
Regardless of wether on is one of God's servants or not, a Christian or not, it depends upon wether one is found "IN SIN" at the time of death or not! Its about repenting and even if one repents 70 X 70, one will be forgiven if one is found repented and not in sin then one will be saved!

Matt. 18:22, "Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven."

How many times will Jesus forgive a sinner, be they a Christian or not, when He instructs us to forgive those who trespass against us every time one is asked to be forgiven?

BUT, If one happens to be a sinner, or is in sin near death, and REPENTS, even if it is just before dying, Jesus sacrifice was not in vain, they will be saved.

Classic example;

This bloke was a sinner, a criminal, about to die, and all he said was, This man is innocent, we are guilty, we deserve to die and all he did was, he asked to be remembered by Jesus. In other words, he believed, RIGHT AT THE END OF HIS LIFE THAT, he would be saved despite his sinfull life!

He said;

Luke 23:41, "And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss."

Luke 23: 42, "And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

Jesus said;

43, And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise."

Had he gone along with the other criminal about to die who said;

Luke 23:39, "And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us." He would not have been saved! The second sinners never believed Christ was the saviour, he said IF THOU BE CHRIST?

Amen!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

im sick of those who pretend to be sinless and ....

peace to you Haz.

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

Billy.... When do you become sin free?
When you repent? are you still a sinner?
How will you know when to repent before you die? just before the car smashes your head in?
Are you a sinner everyday or are you a Christian everyday? you cannot be both.

macca

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

macca wrote:Billy.... When do you become sin free?
How will you know when to repent before you die? just before the car smashes your head in?

macca
Hi mate, I'm sure billy knows this. He's talking about those who claim they never ever sin again once they are saved. Saved people can fall beck into sin even temporarily, the apostles were a classic example. Sadly one, Judas never repented and was lost. :arrow:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

macca
Some of the greatest men called by God for a special purpose were sinners. Some committed greater sins than we ever have done. How about wilful MURDER?

Gen. 2: 11, And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out unto his brethren, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brethren.

12, And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand. (No excuse to murder here the Egyptian was assaulting the Hebrew no trying to kill him?)

13, And when he went out the second day, behold, two men of the Hebrews strove together: and he said to him that did the wrong, Wherefore smitest thou thy fellow? (Moses was caught out and accused by his own brethren of murder).

14, And he said, Who made thee a prince and a judge over us? intendest thou to kill me, as thou killedst the Egyptian? And Moses feared, and said, Surely this thing is known. (Here they accuse Moses of being judge and jury in killing a man over an assult that never even involved him).

15, 15, Now when Pharaoh heard this thing, he sought to slay Moses. But Moses fled from the face of Pharaoh, and dwelt in the land of Midian: and he sat down by a well. (Here Moses, like a coward fled and hid from any retribution).

I am not judging Moses in any way,. Reading the entire chapter and the next there is not one word written regarding Moses repenting of committing murder? Lucky Moses was not run over by a chariot or even killed by the hand of the shepherds who came to the well to draw water?

*************************************************************************************************************

Another great man called by God for a special purpose, also a sinner, a murderer! God never allowed him to die or be killed immediately after sinning. God gave this man time to reflect and come to repentance.

King David 1. lusted after a married woman, 2. committed adultery with her over a time, impregnated her and arranged to cover his sin by sending for her husband. Lucky he never died or was accidently killed until this day as so far, no repentence. Worse still, when the husband never went in to his wife David arranged to have him; 3. killed, and he was killed. (Still no sign of David repenting here?)

We read in 2 Sam. 11: 25, Then David said unto the messenger, Thus shalt thou say unto Joab, Let not this thing displease7 thee, for the sword devoureth one8 as well as another: make thy battle more strong against the city, and overthrow it: and encourage thou him.

26, And when the wife of Uriah heard that Uriah her husband was dead, she mourned for her husband.

27, And when the mourning was past, David sent and fetched her to his house, and she became his wife, and bare him a son. But the thing that David had done displeased the LORD. (Still no repenting by David).

In 2 Sam. 12:12, We read where God lets David know what he had done in secret!

"For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun.

13, And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die. (here is some sign of repentance at last).

Quite some time had passed by now and lucky for David, God still loved him and forgave him and used him.

Repent and you shall be saved regardless of the sin and the severity of the sins. God is judge!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

i agree with you Haz. :angel:

Ironman wrote:

macca
Hi mate, I'm sure billy knows this. He's talking about those who claim they never ever sin again once they are saved. Saved people can fall beck into sin even temporarily, the apostles were a classic example. Sadly one, Judas never repented and was lost. :arrow: