Dake Bible Discussion BoardJesus Taught against "Once Saved, Always Saved"

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Jesus Taught against "Once Saved, Always Saved"

Post by branham1965 »

are you perfect now macca???

Dad Hagin said we are not.
macca wrote:Billy.... When do you become sin free?
When you repent? are you still a sinner?
How will you know when to repent before you die? just before the car smashes your head in?
Are you a sinner everyday or are you a Christian everyday? you cannot be both.

macca

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

We know the soul that sins shall die, but the man that repents be he a saved Christian or not, of his sins, he shall live!

Anyone, saved or not can return to sin!

Anyone who believes they cannot ever sin again because they are saved and in Jesus is fooling themselves. Were the apostles saved, were they in Jesus, were they filled with the Holy Spirit? Yes they were!
The most important thing is to remember to immediately REPENT IF AND WHEN ONE DOES! Jesus has opened this door for all of us.

Luke 15:10, Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

Luke 22:31, And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:

PETER proudly stated, not me Lord. Peter believe he was perfect, he was tough, saved, he was even prepared to die with Christ before denying Him! Satan had him by the scruff of his neck and made him a coward when the chips fell!

PETER was a saved man, chosen by Jesus, had the Holy Spirit and power like all the other apostles, was a successful preacher and healer like them;

Matt. 10: 1, And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.
2, Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother;
3, Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;
4, Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him.

JUDAS also was a saved man as much as Peter and the other apostles were, he had his name written in the book of life, but he turned to sin by pilfering the money trusted to him, and later betrayed Jesus. Sadly, he never repented and was lost.

PETER swore to Jesus face that he would never deny Christ; Matt. 26:35, Peter said unto him, Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee. Likewise also said all the disciples.

MarK 14:31, But he spake the more vehemently, If I should die with thee, I will not deny thee in any wise. Likewise also said they all.

Jesus warns us here regarding denying Him, it is sin to deny Him and He will deny us if we do this! Matt. 10:33, But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Peter in fear, denied Christ no only once but three times,

Matt 26:35, Peter said unto him, Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee. Likewise also said all the disciples.

Mark 14:31, But he spake the more vehemently, If I should die with thee, I will not deny thee in any wise. Likewise also said they all.

Christ knew differently, He knew Peter would deny Him and fall into sin. Here is another example of a saved man falling back into sin!

Matt. 26:34, Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Luke 22: 55, And when they had kindled a fire in the midst of the hall, and were set down together, Peter sat down among them.

56, But a certain maid beheld him as he sat by the fire, and earnestly looked upon him, and said, This man was also with him.

57, And he denied him, saying, Woman, I know him not.

58, And after a little while another saw him, and said, Thou art also of them. And Peter said, Man, I am not.

59, And about the space of one hour after another confidently affirmed, saying, Of a truth this fellow also was with him: for he is a Galilaean.

60, And Peter said, Man, I know not what thou sayest. And immediately, while he yet spake, the cock crew.

61, And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Peter was forgiven the moment he repented and wept bitterly for his sin! He sinned, repented and was forgiven.

62, And Peter went out, and wept bitterly.

Are we stronger than Peter? Can we remain so until Christs return? Beware my friends, just be ready to repent when you slip!

Saved, backslid, repented and saved again!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

who was it that injected this never sin again Christians? Billy !
This thread has nothing to do with that junk from hell.
It is about believing that a Christian cannot help but sin, everyday, all the time as if it is out of their control.
that is also a lie out of the pit of hell contrary to the plain word of God.

Like Paul stated in 1. cor. 15:34; Awake (to be very sober) to righteousness, and do not sin:
for some do not have the knowledge of God.
I speak this to your shame.
Paul was showing the Corinthian Church that by their actions of having sin in their midst and even allowing it to stay there
they were destroying those on the outside as well as in the body with weak faith and little knowledge
that it was ok to sin and live in sin while being a Christian.

Paul stated in chapter 4 v.3-4
I should be judged by you or by a human court.
In fact, I do not even judge myself.
For I KNOW OF NOTHING AGAINST MYSELF,
yet I am nor justified by this, but He who judges me is the Lord..

It is this sin consciousness that holds the body of Christ back from being all it can and should be in the Lord.
It is designed by Satan to stop Christians from using the full power of God in Jesus to defeat all the works of the devil in this life promised by Jesus.

macca

macca

Post by macca »

:angel: :angel: :angel:

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

im not saying that.that anyone should sin.

YOU KNOW BETTER BECAUSE YOU READ AFTER DAD HAGIN.AND HEARD HIM TEACH.

read Haz' posts :angel: :angel: :angel: hes spot on.

macca wrote:who was it that injected this never sin again Christians? Billy !
This thread has nothing to do with that junk from hell.
It is about believing that a Christian cannot help but sin, everyday, all the time as if it is out of their control.
that is also a lie out of the pit of hell contrary to the plain word of God.

Like Paul stated in 1. cor. 15:34; Awake (to be very sober) to righteousness, and do not sin:
for some do not have the knowledge of God.
I speak this to your shame.
Paul was showing the Corinthian Church that by their actions of having sin in their midst and even allowing it to stay there
they were destroying those on the outside as well as in the body with weak faith and little knowledge
that it was ok to sin and live in sin while being a Christian.

Paul stated in chapter 4 v.3-4
I should be judged by you or by a human court.
In fact, I do not even judge myself.
For I KNOW OF NOTHING AGAINST MYSELF,
yet I am nor justified by this, but He who judges me is the Lord..

It is this sin consciousness that holds the body of Christ back from being all it can and should be in the Lord.
It is designed by Satan to stop Christians from using the full power of God in Jesus to defeat all the works of the devil in this life promised by Jesus.

macca

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Look at me? I'm saved, I repented, I'm born again, I'm "In Jesus," I believe in Jesus and in the Father who sent Him, I am free from sin and I will never sin again? and so, I'm moving mountains, raising the dead, healing the sick, I'm doing even greater works than Jesus did?

John 14:12, Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. :arrow:

Who's kidding who now?

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

thank you for telling the truth. :angel: :angel: :angel:

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

"Who's claiming they will never sin, again?"

Not I ? I said this on the other fake Christians thread! I'm saying one can be a saved person and still commit sin!
"No one is saying one can sin their way to eternal life with God, no one. The O poster stated states; "I'm tired of fake Christians who call themselves sinners. Is there such a person as a fake Christian? One is either a true Christian, a follower of Christ on not.

What I'm saying is, one can be a Christian, one can stumble, REPENT, and remain saved! Anyone who says they NEVER EVER SIN since their original repentance, conversion and being born again are very special in their own eyes.

Even our perfect Jesus said He himself wasn't good, or at least as good as the Father. "None is good, only the Father!

Luke 18:18, "And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

19, And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

God will forgive those Christians who stumble as often as they fall and then repent!

Luke 17:3, "Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.

4, And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him."

Matt. 18:21. "Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?

22. Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven."

I'm not talking about those who are constantly and deliberately engaged in envyings, murders, drunkenness and revellings? I'm talking about every day Christians who occasionally stumble and SIN! knowing just one sin is enough to bar one from Heaven, but God has provided us with a lifeline, Jesus Christ, and upon repentance, one is again forgiven!

I believe if one says and believes they no longer need the Salvation of Jesus Christ because they are perfect, sinless and will never sin again, after being saved once, are kidding themselves and are indeed lost!"
"Dake believed in being born again more than once. Have you been born again more than once?"

One cannot find something one has not lost. Yes, I was saved, I sinned, I was then lost, I repented and was found again and was therefore saved again many times!

Matt. 18:21, "Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?

22, Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven."

Jesus never preached anything He had not done before or was not prepared to do Himself!
Last edited by Ironman on Fri May 22, 2015 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

If one is in God then they are NOT in sin. The two simply cannot co-exist together. There is NO darkness in God. We are cleansed from all sin if we walk in the light and fellowship with Him. If we walk in darkness (Sin) and say we have fellowship with Him we we are liars. It is a strange thing that we should convince ourselves otherwise. The very demand of the gospel is to not sin. If I hate my brother I am in darkness and I would be lying if I say I walk in light.

1 John 1:5-2:1 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. [6] If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: [7] But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

We have certainly all had sin at some point. We lie if we say we have none. When we repent and forsake sin does He not cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness? Do we continue to walk in that sin?

[8] If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. [9] If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. [10] If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

What man can say he is in sin and yet walking in the light of God? Does sin ever carry the light of Christ? We would be fooling ourselves to think so.

The Word does not indicate "When any man sin" but "IF any man sin" [2:1] My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

It is odd that somehow the word "perfection" gets mingled into this topic. Why it does is perplexing in the least respect. I have known people that have been taught their entire lives that they are depraved and constantly in sin and they are like fortresses in that belief. They simply won't accept being cleansed from all sin and walking in the light of God. They live as slugs with their heads hung low not realizing they are the highest of God's creations. They live this un-victorious way and little influence to be had of the glorious position that God has granted can be given them. They don't tell the mountain to move, they say the mountain is getting bigger and there is little hope.

If Jesus set us free, we are free indeed! We have His Spirit. The old man is gone. We partake of the divine nature. We walk in the Spirit. We are of God. We are more than conquerors. The greater One is in us. Glorious! The Word abideth in us! The Light is ours. We are born again of incorruptible seed. WOW....how beautiful this is! This is something truly worth getting excited about. :angel: :angel: :angel:

Word up!

macca

Post by macca »

luchnia wrote:If one is in God then they are NOT in sin. The two simply cannot co-exist together. There is NO darkness in God. We are cleansed from all sin if we walk in the light and fellowship with Him. If we walk in darkness (Sin) and say we have fellowship with Him we we are liars. It is a strange thing that we should convince ourselves otherwise. The very demand of the gospel is to not sin. If I hate my brother I am in darkness and I would be lying if I say I walk in light.

1 John 1:5-2:1 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. [6] If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: [7] But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

We have certainly all had sin at some point. We lie if we say we have none. When we repent and forsake sin does He not cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness? Do we continue to walk in that sin?

[8] If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. [9] If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. [10] If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

What man can say he is in sin and yet walking in the light of God? Does sin ever carry the light of Christ? We would be fooling ourselves to think so.

The Word does not indicate "When any man sin" but "IF any man sin" [2:1] My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

It is odd that somehow the word "perfection" gets mingled into this topic. Why it does is perplexing in the least respect. I have known people that have been taught their entire lives that they are depraved and constantly in sin and they are like fortresses in that belief. They simply won't accept being cleansed from all sin and walking in the light of God. They live as slugs with their heads hung low not realizing they are the highest of God's creations. They live this un-victorious way and little influence to be had of the glorious position that God has granted can be given them. They don't tell the mountain to move, they say the mountain is getting bigger and there is little hope.

If Jesus set us free, we are free indeed! We have His Spirit. The old man is gone. We partake of the divine nature. We walk in the Spirit. We are of God. We are more than conquerors. The greater One is in us. Glorious! The Word abideth in us! The Light is ours. We are born again of incorruptible seed. WOW....how beautiful this is! This is something truly worth getting excited about. :angel: :angel: :angel:

Thats what the church needs to hear and receive, well said.
macca