Dake Bible Discussion BoardJesus Taught against "Once Saved, Always Saved"

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
davido
Be Strong in the Power of His Might

Re: Jesus Taught against "Once Saved, Always Saved"

Post by davido »

1) Once Saved Always Saved? John 10:27 30 ESV "if they follow Jesus" My sheep hear my voice, and I know
2) them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch
3) them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to
4) snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one.” Hebrews 10:26 ESV NO For if we go on
5) sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice
6) for sins, Hebrews 6:4 6 ESV / NO For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once
7) been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, and have tasted
8) the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, to restore
9) them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own
10) harm and holding him up to contempt. James 5:19 20 ESV / if the sinner repents My brothers, if anyone
11) among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a
12) sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins. Revelation
13) 2:1 29 ESV / repent (conditional) “To the angel of the church in Ephesus write: ‘The words of him who
14) holds the seven stars in his right hand, who walks among the seven golden lampstands. “‘I
15) know your works, your toil and your patient endurance, and how you cannot bear with those who are evil,
16) but have tested those who call themselves apostles and are not, and found them to be false. I know you
17) are enduring patiently and bearing up for my name's sake, and you have not grown weary. But I have this
18) against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first. Remember therefore from where you have
19) fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. If not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand
20) from its place, unless you repent. ... Matthew 7:21 23 lip service only does not qualify “Not everyone
21) who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the
22) will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy
23) in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will
24) I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’ 2 Peter 2:20 22 ESV
25) / NO For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and
26) Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the last state has become worse for
27) them than the first. For it would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness
28) than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment delivered to them. What the true proverb
29) says has happened to them: “The dog returns to its own vomit, and the sow, after washing herself, returns
30) to wallow in the mire.” Mark 13:13 those whom endure shall be saved And you will be hated by all for
31) my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved. 1 Timothy 4:1 NO Now the
32) Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting
33) themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, Galatians 5:19 21 NO those who do such things
34) will not inherit the kingdom of God. Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity,
35) sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries,
36) dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you
37) before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 1 John 5:13 if you believe
38) you will obey I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know
39) that you have eternal life. Galatians 5:4 NO: you have fallen away from grace. You are severed from
40) Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace. Romans 11:19
41) 22 NO severity towards those whom have fallen Then you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I
42) might be grafted in.” That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast
43) through faith. So do not become proud, but fear. For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither
44) will he spare you. Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen,
45) but God's kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off.
46) John 3:16 if we believe in Him we obey Him and are led of the Spirit, not falling away. “For God so loved
47) the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal
48) life. John 5:24 if is conditional Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him
49) who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life. James
50) 2:14 17 again conditional What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have
51) works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and
52) one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for
53) the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. Romans 2:6
54) 8 NO definately those unrighteous will be wrath and fury. Thats not saved. He will render to each one
55) according to his works: to those who by patience in well doing seek for glory and honor and immortality,
56) he will give eternal life; but for those who are self seeking and do not obey the truth,
57) but obey unrighteousness, there will be wrath and fury. 1 Corinthians 9:27 conditional But I discipline
58) my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified. Romans
59) 8:12 13 what could be clearer: For if you live according to the flesh you will die So then, brothers,
60) we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh
61) you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 2 Peter 1:10
62) if is conditional Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to make your calling and election sure,
63) for if you practice these qualities you will never fall. John 15:6 being thrown away is not once saved
64) always saved. If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers;
65) and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. Matthew 10:22 conditional if And you
66) will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved. Matthew 7:21
67) conditional for one who does the will of God “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the
68) kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Matthew 24:13 conditional
69) not once saved always saved. But the one who endures to the end will be saved. 1 Corinthians
70) 10:12 conditional. one can fall. Therefore let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall.
71) Romans 8:15 17 conditional if we suffer with Him that will may be glorified with him. Thats not once
72) saved always saved. For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have
73) received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” The Spirit himself bears witness
74) with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs
75) with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him. Titus 3:5 We
76) can do nothing without God, but if we fall away, reject The Holy Spirit, we can be lost. He saved us,
77) not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the
78) washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13 14 if we believe in Hom we obey
79) Him In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in
80) him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire
81) possession of it, to the praise of his glory. Mark 16:16 conditional Whoever believes and is baptized
82) will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. Revelation 2:10 Be faithful is conditional
83) Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison,
84) that you may be tested, and for ten days you will have tribulation. Be faithful unto death, and I will
85) give you the crown of life. Romans 6:23 clearly the wages of sin is death. This is not once saved always
86) saved. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
87) John 3:3 We must be of The Spirit of God, led of The Spirit (not an academic or scolar only of the word)
88) Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of
89) God.” 1 Peter 1:23 no mention of falling away here, but having and are born again in the now Since you
90) have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word
91) of God; John 6:28 29 If we believe we obey. How can we believe in someone and not obey them. We obey
92) what we believe. Then they said to him, “What must we do, to be doing the works of God?” Jesus answered
93) them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.” John 3:36
94) definately conditional. Not once saved always saved. Whoever believes in the Son has eternal
95) life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him. Matthew
96) 13:1 58 That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat beside the sea. And great crowds gathered about
97) him, so that he got into a boat and sat down. And the whole crowd stood on the beach. And he told them
98) many things in parables, saying: “A sower went out to sow. And as he sowed, some seeds fell along the
99) path, and the birds came and devoured them. Other seeds fell on rocky ground, where they did not have
100) much soil, and immediately they sprang up, since they had no depth of soil, ... Ezekiel 18:24 NO the
101) treachery of his sin, he shall die. Not once saved always saved.
102) But when a righteous person turns away from his righteousness and does injustice and does
103) the same abominations that the wicked person does, shall he live? None of the righteous deeds that he
104) has done shall be remembered; for the treachery of which he is guilty and the sin he has committed, for
105) them he shall die. 1 John 5:16 17 There is sin that leads to death. Thats not once saved always saved
106) If anyone sees his brother committing a sin not leading to death, he shall ask, and God will give him
107) life—to those who commit sins that do not lead to death. There is sin that leads to death; I do not say
108) that one should pray for that. All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin that does not lead to death.
109) Revelation 20:11 15 NO: they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. not once
110) saved always saved. Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth
111) and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before
112) the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead
113) were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. And the sea gave up the
114) dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one
115) of them, according to what they had done. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This
116) is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life,
117) he was thrown into the lake of fire. Philippians 2:12 13 yes for one whom has ALWAYS obeyed Therefore,
118) my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence,
119) work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you, both to will and
120) to work for his good pleasure. Hebrews 5:9 concition of salvation to all who obey him, not once saved
121) always saved. And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him,
122) Galatians 6:8 9 for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. Thats definately conditional, not
123) once saved always saved. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but
124) the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. And let us not grow weary of doing
125) good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. Jude 1:24 Jude also says those whom call
126) on the Name of The Lord. Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless
127) before the presence of his glory with great joy, * * *

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

davido wrote:1) Once Saved Always Saved? John 10:27 30 ESV "if they follow Jesus" My sheep hear my voice, and I know
2) them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch
3) them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to
4) snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one.” Hebrews 10:26 ESV NO For if we go on
5) sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice
6) for sins, Hebrews 6:4 6 ESV / NO For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once
7) been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, and have tasted
8) the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, to restore
9) them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own
10) harm and holding him up to contempt. James 5:19 20 ESV / if the sinner repents My brothers, if anyone
11) among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a
12) sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins. Revelation
13) 2:1 29 ESV / repent (conditional) “To the angel of the church in Ephesus write: ‘The words of him who
14) holds the seven stars in his right hand, who walks among the seven golden lampstands. “‘I
15) know your works, your toil and your patient endurance, and how you cannot bear with those who are evil,
16) but have tested those who call themselves apostles and are not, and found them to be false. I know you
17) are enduring patiently and bearing up for my name's sake, and you have not grown weary. But I have this
18) against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first. Remember therefore from where you have
19) fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. If not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand
20) from its place, unless you repent. ... Matthew 7:21 23 lip service only does not qualify “Not everyone
21) who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the
22) will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy
23) in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will
24) I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’ 2 Peter 2:20 22 ESV
25) / NO For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and
26) Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the last state has become worse for
27) them than the first. For it would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness
28) than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment delivered to them. What the true proverb
29) says has happened to them: “The dog returns to its own vomit, and the sow, after washing herself, returns
30) to wallow in the mire.” Mark 13:13 those whom endure shall be saved And you will be hated by all for
31) my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved. 1 Timothy 4:1 NO Now the
32) Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting
33) themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, Galatians 5:19 21 NO those who do such things
34) will not inherit the kingdom of God. Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity,
35) sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries,
36) dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you
37) before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 1 John 5:13 if you believe
38) you will obey I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know
39) that you have eternal life. Galatians 5:4 NO: you have fallen away from grace. You are severed from
40) Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace. Romans 11:19
41) 22 NO severity towards those whom have fallen Then you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I
42) might be grafted in.” That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast
43) through faith. So do not become proud, but fear. For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither
44) will he spare you. Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen,
45) but God's kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off.
46) John 3:16 if we believe in Him we obey Him and are led of the Spirit, not falling away. “For God so loved
47) the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal
48) life. John 5:24 if is conditional Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him
49) who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life. James
50) 2:14 17 again conditional What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have
51) works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and
52) one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for
53) the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. Romans 2:6
54) 8 NO definately those unrighteous will be wrath and fury. Thats not saved. He will render to each one
55) according to his works: to those who by patience in well doing seek for glory and honor and immortality,
56) he will give eternal life; but for those who are self seeking and do not obey the truth,
57) but obey unrighteousness, there will be wrath and fury. 1 Corinthians 9:27 conditional But I discipline
58) my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified. Romans
59) 8:12 13 what could be clearer: For if you live according to the flesh you will die So then, brothers,
60) we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh
61) you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 2 Peter 1:10
62) if is conditional Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to make your calling and election sure,
63) for if you practice these qualities you will never fall. John 15:6 being thrown away is not once saved
64) always saved. If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers;
65) and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. Matthew 10:22 conditional if And you
66) will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved. Matthew 7:21
67) conditional for one who does the will of God “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the
68) kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Matthew 24:13 conditional
69) not once saved always saved. But the one who endures to the end will be saved. 1 Corinthians
70) 10:12 conditional. one can fall. Therefore let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall.
71) Romans 8:15 17 conditional if we suffer with Him that will may be glorified with him. Thats not once
72) saved always saved. For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have
73) received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” The Spirit himself bears witness
74) with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs
75) with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him. Titus 3:5 We
76) can do nothing without God, but if we fall away, reject The Holy Spirit, we can be lost. He saved us,
77) not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the
78) washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13 14 if we believe in Hom we obey
79) Him In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in
80) him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire
81) possession of it, to the praise of his glory. Mark 16:16 conditional Whoever believes and is baptized
82) will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. Revelation 2:10 Be faithful is conditional
83) Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison,
84) that you may be tested, and for ten days you will have tribulation. Be faithful unto death, and I will
85) give you the crown of life. Romans 6:23 clearly the wages of sin is death. This is not once saved always
86) saved. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
87) John 3:3 We must be of The Spirit of God, led of The Spirit (not an academic or scolar only of the word)
88) Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of
89) God.” 1 Peter 1:23 no mention of falling away here, but having and are born again in the now Since you
90) have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word
91) of God; John 6:28 29 If we believe we obey. How can we believe in someone and not obey them. We obey
92) what we believe. Then they said to him, “What must we do, to be doing the works of God?” Jesus answered
93) them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.” John 3:36
94) definately conditional. Not once saved always saved. Whoever believes in the Son has eternal
95) life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him. Matthew
96) 13:1 58 That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat beside the sea. And great crowds gathered about
97) him, so that he got into a boat and sat down. And the whole crowd stood on the beach. And he told them
98) many things in parables, saying: “A sower went out to sow. And as he sowed, some seeds fell along the
99) path, and the birds came and devoured them. Other seeds fell on rocky ground, where they did not have
100) much soil, and immediately they sprang up, since they had no depth of soil, ... Ezekiel 18:24 NO the
101) treachery of his sin, he shall die. Not once saved always saved.
102) But when a righteous person turns away from his righteousness and does injustice and does
103) the same abominations that the wicked person does, shall he live? None of the righteous deeds that he
104) has done shall be remembered; for the treachery of which he is guilty and the sin he has committed, for
105) them he shall die. 1 John 5:16 17 There is sin that leads to death. Thats not once saved always saved
106) If anyone sees his brother committing a sin not leading to death, he shall ask, and God will give him
107) life—to those who commit sins that do not lead to death. There is sin that leads to death; I do not say
108) that one should pray for that. All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin that does not lead to death.
109) Revelation 20:11 15 NO: they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. not once
110) saved always saved. Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth
111) and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before
112) the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead
113) were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. And the sea gave up the
114) dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one
115) of them, according to what they had done. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This
116) is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life,
117) he was thrown into the lake of fire. Philippians 2:12 13 yes for one whom has ALWAYS obeyed Therefore,
118) my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence,
119) work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you, both to will and
120) to work for his good pleasure. Hebrews 5:9 concition of salvation to all who obey him, not once saved
121) always saved. And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him,
122) Galatians 6:8 9 for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. Thats definately conditional, not
123) once saved always saved. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but
124) the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. And let us not grow weary of doing
125) good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. Jude 1:24 Jude also says those whom call
126) on the Name of The Lord. Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless
127) before the presence of his glory with great joy, * * *
"John 10:27, My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28, And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29, My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. .”
BUT, If any of my sheep decide to return to sin and leave me, I will let them go, for I will not force anyone to do anything against their will! Even the angels who were not spared!

2 Peter 2:4, For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; ? Return to sin without repenting and see how one goes. One saved always saved is a crock!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

HAZ THE IRONMAN

I AGREE WITH YOU MATE ALL THE WAY. :angel: :angel:

A PERSON CAN FALL AWAY AND NEED TO BE RESTORED LIKE THE CORINTHIAN FORNICATOR.

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

:angel:
To me it's as simple as taking Jesus at his word.

In the Parable of the Sower he specifically talks about those on "rocky soil" who "believe for a while" and then abandon the faith (Luke 8:13). Well, say my OSAS friends, they didn't REALLY believe. But that's not what Jesus said.

At the same time, the many warnings set forth in Scripture against defection do not call into question the blessed assurance of the Gospel that God will graciously
keep the believer in faith to the end (Phil. 1:6). These warnings must not be misused to nullify God's promises to those who abide in Christ and endure to the end. Paul, though aware of the possibility of his becoming a castaway (1 Cor. 9:27), was nevertheless fully persuaded of his perseverance (2 Tim. 4:7). God warns us against the real possibility of defection so that we may beware of carnal security, which destroys the certainty of salvation, and cling to Jesus, who alone is the Author and Finisher of faith (Heb 12:2).

branham1965 wrote:HAZ THE IRONMAN

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Pastor Titus
have you encountered any of the popular hyper grace people in your ministry????? +IsraelFlag +USAflag

titus213 wrote::angel:

In the Parable of the Sower he specifically talks about those on "rocky soil" who "believe for a while" and then abandon the faith (Luke 8:13). Well, say my OSAS friends, they didn't REALLY believe. But that's not what Jesus said.

At the same time, the many warnings set forth in Scripture against defection do not call into question the blessed assurance of the Gospel that God will graciously
keep the believer in faith to the end (Phil. 1:6). These warnings must not be misused to nullify God's promises to those who abide in Christ and endure to the end. Paul, though aware of the possibility of his becoming a castaway (1 Cor. 9:27), was nevertheless fully persuaded of his perseverance (2 Tim. 4:7). God warns us against the real possibility of defection so that we may beware of carnal security, which destroys the certainty of salvation, and cling to Jesus, who alone is the Author and Finisher of faith (Heb 12:2).

titus213

Post by titus213 »

No, none of the current crop of popular teachers; though I have bumped into the same type of teaching over the years. It wasn't called hyper-grace and wasn't as organized as the current hyper-grace movement, but it expressed the same errors.

I had a number of people get caught up with a fellow named Bob George, who had a radio program called "People to People" and also wrote a book called "Classic Christianity". His show always ended up talking about 1 John 1:9 and how that verse was not referring to believers, but the unsaved. He claimed that John was simply stating that an unsaved person needs to confess his sin to be forgiven and cleansed. On the other hand, Christians did not need to confess what had already been forgiven. Some of what the current hyper-grace people, like Joseph Prince, teach is very similar.

It seems to me that the current hyper-grace movement goes beyond mere confusion regarding 1 John 1:9 and adds some additional errors. For instance, some of them insist that the teachings of Jesus before the Cross don't apply to Christians today (such as the Sermon on the Mount). This adds a hyper-dispensational element as well.

Almost any type of false teaching I have seen in my nearly 50 years of ministry is simply some old error dressed up in new clothes to make it look different and appealing. The same is true for the hyper-grace teaching.

branham1965 wrote:Pastor Titus
have you encountered any of the popular hyper grace people in your ministry????? +IsraelFlag +USAflag

titus213 wrote::angel:

Last edited by titus213 on Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

thank you.

i know Reverend Dake addresses this ultra grace very well in the DARB and GPM....and BTU.

titus213

Post by titus213 »

:angel:
branham1965 wrote:thank you.

i know Reverend Dake addresses this ultra grace very well in the DARB and GPM....and BTU.