Dake Bible Discussion BoardWhere is the Tree Of Life.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Where is the Tree Of Life.

Post by Ironman »

Gen 2:9, And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Gen 3:22, And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Gen 3:24, So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

God never removed the tree of life, He had it guarded so man could not gain access to it and live forever in a state of sin. Notice God never removed or had Cherubims guard the tree of knowledge of good and evil. We seem to have been feasting on this tree since Adam and Eve ate from it.

We know there are a tree's of life in Heaven; Rev 22:2, In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. The heavenly tree of life is in the midst of the paradise of God in Heaven. Rev. 2:7.

I am wondering where is the earthly tree of life now if in fact it might still be here somewhere? Has God removed it, hidden it like the body of Moses?

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Re: Where is the Tree Of Life.

Post by macca »

Good question Haz,
Don't know what became of that tree.
Jesus is our tree of life now John 6:

macca

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: Where is the Tree Of Life.

Post by Ironman »

macca wrote:Good question Haz,
Don't know what became of that tree.
Jesus is our tree of life now John 6:

macca
Your right mate, nothing is mentioned of where it is on Earth now, if it still is at all?

We will definitely eat of it.

Rev 2:7, He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

1 Cor. 47, The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
48, As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
49, And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
50, Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
51, Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53, For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54, So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?