Dake Bible Discussion BoardFemale angels?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Female angels?

Post by Ironman »

God has chosen not to reveal everything to us at this time and what has not been revealed is of no importance to us now. BUT, I often wonder. If the angels, who left their own estate and were capable of taking daughters of men;

Gen 6:2, "That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose."

and fathering children;

Gen 6:4, "There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."

I believe there just might be female angels or why would male angels be capable of having children? Any suggestions or ideas?

Scripture teaches that God is not the author of confusion, and so God would not create angels capable of pro-creating for nothing or no reason at all, or would He ?

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

frenchie
Wrestle Against Principalities

Re: Female angels?

Post by frenchie »

Hi!
We adressed this topic before and it stired some passions. I don't pretend that i know it all and i can be wrong but here are few observations that i came up with.
When common angels "lower" themselves to the natural,they are exactly like us. ( That's why we can give hospitality to angels unaware. ) To me they are true brother's keepers... Also Jesus said that at the resurection we will be like the angels right? To me it seems that common angels and naturals humans are like the same creature but out of phase sort of speak. My observation is that in the natural state, men and common angels can procreate with natural female humans. Humans rightfully, angels illegaly.
At the resurrection we will be in the spiritual state like the angels as Jesus stated. There will be glorified sons of men and glorified daughters of men. My assumption here is that the glorifieds daughters of men are ment for the glorifieds son of men and also for the common angels at this point only and with the blessing of our Wonderfull God. ( No female angel ever mentioned in the bible, only male angels. )( ( I'm prety sure that i read somewhere in Mr, Dake's writings that he stated God wanted to make one race with angels and glorified saints ) I also think that in the spiritual state Common angels and glorified saints won't procreate but will be allowed to enjoy a sexual relationship in the next dispensations. My take is that mariage is for the sake of children, they need the stability of a family to grow and it is the will of the God for the natural man.
Don't shoot the messenger i have been chewing on this for a wile and it seem that it harmonise with the rest of the scripture and that the scripture point in that dirrection.

I'm open to correction if you prove me wrong.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Hi frenchie.

Thanks for your reply. Like you, I also am unsure and not correcting you. I'm thinking, God created angels. He later created man in His image and in His likeness. We are different from angels by a long shot are we not? Made a little lower than the angels but crowned with Glory and Honour! Ps. 8:5, as in Hebrews 2:9. In Hebrews 2:7 we read that all things lost in the fall by Adam will be restored to us eventually.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

frenchie
Wrestle Against Principalities

Post by frenchie »

Hi! Mr. Ironman.
And thanks for your kind reply.
The fact that it is said man was created in His image and likeness and that it is not specified of angels is food for tought for sure. Like i said i could be wrong or at least there is something that i don't comprehend. I could speculate but it would be mere speculation with not much biblical ground.
It is also true that all things lost in the fall by Adam will be restored to natural men as before the fall but at this point, everyone that would have gone through resurection won't be natural any more but another breed spiritual with a glorified body of flesh and bone instead of flesh and blood as Jesus made this distinction.
This life that we share in Him is the most satisfying adventure ever undertaken What a Great God we have.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

frenchie wrote:Hi! Mr. Ironman.
And thanks for your kind reply.
The fact that it is said man was created in His image and likeness and that it is not specified of angels is food for tought for sure. Like i said i could be wrong or at least there is something that i don't comprehend. I could speculate but it would be mere speculation with not much biblical ground.
It is also true that all things lost in the fall by Adam will be restored to natural men as before the fall but at this point, everyone that would have gone through resurection won't be natural any more but another breed spiritual with a glorified body of flesh and bone instead of flesh and blood as Jesus made this distinction.
This life that we share in Him is the most satisfying adventure ever undertaken What a Great God we have.
:angel: Agree mate.
Glorified flesh and bone body as Jesus now has. I think a lot on these things. Jesus says, don't touch me as I have not yet ascended to the Father. He then goes to Heaven and back in one day and appears to the disciples who are in a closed windowless room and says; Spirit hath not flesh and bone as ye see Me have? Wow.

Scripture teaches that the planet Heaven is in the northern part of the universe and is so far away we cannot see it even with the most powerful telescopes, even from space craft's. Yet, Jesus travelled to Heaven and spent some time there and travelled back all in the same day? Imagine traveling throughout the universe at the speed of what? Thought maybe?