Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe Ancient of Days.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

The Ancient of Days.

Post by Ironman »

Sometimes when reading Scripture and glossing over some whilst looking at or concentrating on a doctrine, I miss things of great enormity. Old learning is often the hardest thing to shake!

It never dawned upon me that the Father, "The Ancient of Days" will accompany Christ at Jesus second Advent, to destroy the Antichrist. We know the Ancient of days and the Son of man are two different and separate beings, One being Christ, the other being the Father. In Daniel 7:18-22, we have definite proof that the Father will come with Christ to destroy the Antichrist. How could I have ever missed that? I always believed the Father came down to the Earth much later, with the New Heaven and the New Earth! But this will be the second time the father comes to be with mankind forever.

Daniel 7:18, "But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.
19, Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from8 all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet;
20, And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.
21, I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
22, UNTIL THE ANCIENT OF DAYS CAME and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Watchman2013
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Re: The Ancient of Days.

Post by Watchman2013 »

God Bless You, Ironman, and Thank-You for this wonderful teaching! Lo, for many years, I'd heard "The Ancient of Days," and even read it, but somehow, it/He just didn't click... Praise God for your catching that, and sharing it! I am humbled, for I never, ever, want to disrespect The Lord God...

Maranatha

Watchman2013, aka Carter F. Leffen

"Confess with your mouth, that 'Jesus is Lord,' believing in your heart that God raised Him from the Dead, and you will be saved, for with the heart, man believes and is justified, and with his profession of faith, he is saved." Romans 10:9-10.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Ironman wrote:Sometimes when reading Scripture and glossing over some whilst looking at or concentrating on a doctrine, I miss things of great enormity. Old learning is often the hardest thing to shake!

It never dawned upon me that the Father, "The Ancient of Days" will accompany Christ at Jesus second Advent, to destroy the Antichrist. We know the Ancient of days and the Son of man are two different and separate beings, One being Christ, the other being the Father. In Daniel 7:18-22, we have definite proof that the Father will come with Christ to destroy the Antichrist. How could I have ever missed that? I always believed the Father came down to the Earth much later, with the New Heaven and the New Earth! But this will be the second time the father comes to be with mankind forever.

Daniel 7:18, "But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.
19, Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from8 all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet;
20, And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.
21, I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
22, UNTIL THE ANCIENT OF DAYS CAME and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.
Here is a little more on the coming of God the Father to the earth!

The First and Second Comings of God the Father to the Earth

The Bible not only teaches the first and second comings of Jesus Christ to the earth, but also two comings of the Father:

1. The first coming of God the Father will be at the second coming of Jesus Christ to the earth (Dan. 7:9,13-14,22; Zech. 14:5; Tit. 2:13). At this time God will come to help Christ defeat and destroy the Antichrist kingdom (Dan. 7:21-22). He will then give the kingdom over to the Son (Dan. 7:13-14) and the saints (Dan. 7:18,27). Christ will then be King over all the earth (Dan. 7:13-14,27; Zech. 14:9; Mt. 25:31-46; Rev. 11:15; 20:1-10; 22:4-5). The Father will go back to heaven to remain for the first 1,000 years of the eternal reign of Christ and until He has rid the earth of all rebellion (1Cor. 15:24-28; Eph. 1:10).

2. The second coming of God the Father to the earth will be at the end of the Millennium when Christ has rid the earth of all rebels. God will then become "all in all" on earth as before rebellion was started by Lucifer and later by Adam (1Cor. 15:24-28; Eph. 1:10). He will then move His capital city from the planet heaven to the planet earth to be among men forever (Rev. 21:1-7,9-10; 22:1-5).
Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Chapter 7".

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Watchman2013
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Post by Watchman2013 »

Thank-You, Brother Leon, for finding, and sharing that nugget, about the two appearances of The Father God, with Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, upon the Earth... Glory to God! What a wonderful thing to learn!

Again, Thank-You, and God Bless You and Yours!

Maranatha

Watchman2013, aka Carter F. Leffen

"Confess with your mouth, that 'Jesus is Lord,' believing in your heart that God raised Him from the Dead, and you will be saved, for with the heart, man believes and is justified, and with his profession of faith, he is saved." Romans 10:9-10.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

WOW! Thanks for that Bibleman, Unbelieveable, but true! :angel: :angel: :angel:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?