Dake Bible Discussion BoardResurrection

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
quintinblaylock
1 Samuel

Resurrection

Post by quintinblaylock »

Is there a tribulation?
Is there a 1000 year reign?

please make your case. I have been challenged in what i believe. Ive been saved since 1988 and have always been taught that there will be a tribulation...pre mid post, but somekind of tribulation. Aslo was taught that there will be a Millinium Reign of Christ. Now im wondering. So please all you who could help, please do, because i am going to let you know what im hearing today. Thanks, this should be enlightening to all who are teachable...i pray lol!

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Re: Resurrection

Post by macca »

Sharpen your pencils brothers Ed may make a come back for this one :mrgreen:
macca

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

quintinblaylock wrote:Is there a tribulation?

please make your case. I have been challenged in what i believe. Ive been saved since 1988 and have always been taught that there will be a tribulation...pre mid post, but somekind of tribulation. Aslo was taught that there will be a Millinium Reign of Christ. Now im wondering. So please all you who could help, please do, because i am going to let you know what im hearing today. Thanks, this should be enlightening to all who are teachable...i pray lol!
Is there a Tribulation, well not yet but there will be one.
Is there a Thousand year reign? Yes, in the future, there will be one after the Tribulation.

You say, make our case, well I personally don't have a case, I believe what the Bible says about this doctrine. The Bible is very clear that there will be a time of trouble, a Tribulation, then thousand year rule of Christ and His saints, and after this a new Heaven and new Earth. All one needs do is start in Revelation 6:1,

Rev. 6:1, "And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see."

Then Revelation 19;1-21

Rev. 19:1, "And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
2, For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.
3, And again they said, Alleluia. And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.
4, And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.
5, And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.
6, And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
7, Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8, And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
9, And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
10, And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
11, And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12, His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13, And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14, And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15, And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16, And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
17, And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
18, That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
19, And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
20, And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
21, And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh."

A thousand year reign of Divine Government! Revelation 20:1-4.

Rev: 20:1, "And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2, And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4, And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years."

And Revelation 21:1-27.

Rev. 21:1, "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2, And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3, And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4, And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5, And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
6, And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
7, He that overcometh shall inherit all things;1 and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
8, But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
9, And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
10, And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
11, Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
12, And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
13, On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
14, And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
15, And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.
16, And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.
17, And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.
18, And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.
19, And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;
20, The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.
21, And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
22, And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
23, And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
24, And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
25, And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
26, And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
27, And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life."

And simply believe what you read.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

macca wrote:Sharpen your pencils brothers Ed may make a come back for this one :mrgreen:
macca
Sounds like Ray in disguise? :lol!:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

quintinblaylock wrote:Is there a tribulation?

So, "What are you hearing today? :lol!: hello? Anyone home?"

Cheers, Iron.

quintinblaylock
1 Samuel

Well...ive met this pastor that believes there is no 1000 yr reign, and that the saved and the unsaved will be taken up all at the same time, and then the Lord will destroy the earthh by fire

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

quintinblaylock wrote:Well...ive met this pastor that believes there is no 1000 yr reign, and that the saved and the unsaved will be taken up all at the same time, and then the Lord will destroy the earthh by fire
Well, read what I posted, and that's only a small piece of the doctrine, print it out, give it to him and tell him he's WRONG! and the Lord will not destroy the Earth by fire.

Gen 8:22, "Whilethe earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease."

Dan. 7:13, "I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
14, And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed."

Eph. 3:21, "Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen."

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

The Earth will not be destroyed by fire, but it will be renovated by fire by God. Its taught here in these Scriptures.

In Revelation 21:1, we read, "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea."

This will be the result of the renovation of the Heavens and the Earth by fire as taught in 2 Peter 3:10-13.

2 Peter 3: 10, "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11, Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12, Looking for and hasting2 unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13, Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness."

Also mentioned in Isa. 63:17, "For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come7 into mind."

And in Isa. 66:22-24.
22, "For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
23, And it shall come to pass, that from one new8 moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
24, And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh."

Notice in verse 24 that people will be able to, if they so wish, be able to look into hell upon those who have sinned against God as a reminder of what happens to those who transgress against Him.

quintinblaylock
1 Samuel

Ok...what about the doctrine of pre trib mid trib and post trib? Thank you.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

quintinblaylock wrote:Ok...what about the doctrine of pre trib mid trib and post trib? Thank you.
Hi Quinton, there have been and will be five raptures in the first resurrection.
First the going to Heaven of Christ and the saints that were resurrected after His resurrection (Matt. 27:52; Eph. 4:7-11; Acts 1:11), the second the rapture of those "that are Christs at His coming" (1 Cor. 15:23; 1 Thess. 4:13-16, the third, the rapture of the 144,000 Jews in the middle of Daniel's Seventieth Week (Rev. 12:5; 14:1-5; Dan. 12:1; Isa. 66:7-8, the fourth, the rapture of the tribulation saints, (Rev.7:9-17; 15:2-4; 20:4-6, the fifth, the rapture of the two witnesses (Rev. 11:3-12.

Taken from F.J. Dake, God's Plan for Man book, page 262.