Dake Bible Discussion BoardPhilippians 2

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Philippians 2

Post by macca »

Has anyone ever noticed that those that believe they are equel with God (using Philippians 2: 5-6; )
are arrogant, lack fear of God, not humble, fall into many traps and sins and believe the grace of God is in their lives even while they are living in sin...
macca :2gunfire:

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: Philippians 2

Post by Ironman »

Remember Gough Whitlam, former Australian Prime Minister's public statement;

"With all my reservations," Gough Whitlam said on his 80th birthday, "I do admit ...
he said of a possible meeting with his maker, "I shall treat Him as an equal."

I bet he pooped his pants when he did meet finally Him :lol!:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

frenchie
Wrestle Against Principalities

Post by frenchie »

The mayor of Quebec city is named Regis Labeaume.
He tells that when he wakes up every morning, he say to God " You can go to sleep, Regis is up "
It's only a joke, he is a funny guy sometimes...

macca

Post by macca »

Thanks brothers, but, i am talking of so-called christians who use this verse to say they have equality with God.
Because Paul states ' let this mind be in you as it was also in Christ Jesus: Who being in the form of God,thought it not robbery to be equal with God'
These people do not see the emptying of self to serve the lowest of the low, to humble themselves so that God can be all in all in their lives
to the glory of God the Father through Christ Jesus in all His power to us-ward who believe and those without knowledge of the truth of the
glorious gospel that can save all man, woman and child on the face of the whole earth.
These people are reprobate of the faith and love for all the brethren as they put themselves above all that Jesus stood for in mission to this lost world.

macca +hammer

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

im not sure i understand your thoughts here macca .

who would ever try to be equal with Christ???

can you explain it please???
macca wrote:Has anyone ever noticed that those that believe they are equel with God (using Philippians 2: 5-6; )
are arrogant, lack fear of God, not humble, fall into many traps and sins and believe the grace of God is in their lives even while they are living in sin...
macca :2gunfire:

macca

Post by macca »

You don't have a God in you 'you are one'
i show this to a friend of mine who was starting up a church in his home and he agreed with it, much to my dismay.
Needless to say 20 years later he is shipwrecked.

The mind of Christ is a servant mind that the power of God may rest upon that life that is depenant on God for all grace and ability
Not an overbearing intimadater boofhead.
macca

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

why do you think he went that way???? :agrue:
macca wrote:You don't have a God in you 'you are one'
i show this to a friend of mine who was starting up a church in his home and he agreed with it, much to my dismay.
Needless to say 20 years later he is shipwrecked.

The mind of Christ is a servant mind that the power of God may rest upon that life that is depenant on God for all grace and ability
Not an overbearing intimadater boofhead.
macca

macca

Post by macca »

Don't know, there are many and varied reasons why we do things.
I pray i make the right decisions in life so i don't bring myself and others around me down.
macca

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Luke 7:6,

I am not worthy that Jesus should enter under my roof, yet He came to me and rescued me from eternal death!

I am not even worthy to unloose the latchet of His shoes!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?