Dake Bible Discussion BoardLast minute forgiveness.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Last minute forgiveness.

Post by Ironman »

Luke 39, And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.
40, But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
41, And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.
42, And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

He rebuked the other malefactor, stated that they were being justly rewarded for their deeds, he also said 'THIS MAN' did nothing wrong and then said nothing more than; LORD remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

A criminal unto death, no baptism, no prayer of repentance, just an acknowledgment that this man was LORD!

God loves and forgives us to the last minute.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: Last minute forgiveness.

Post by Ironman »

That would make him the first to enter paradise after the death of Jesus and with Jesus as well.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

frenchie
Wrestle Against Principalities

Post by frenchie »

Twice i beleive God brought me to someone's deat bed to intercede for them that the Spirit may comes find the way to their hearts before it was to late. One is my brother and the other was kept alive with the assistance of medical support and was in a coma like state. This later one might have saved one of my son's life being the good samaritan to him previously.They unpluged him the next day.
Just an interesting fact about my brother, he was on paliatives care and a while after he died, the people that came to take care of his body said that they witnessed something they never seen before. Although he was dead,he smiled.
(Like if his last expression was delayed in his body.)To me this was like a wink from God to let me know He had found the way to his hearth.Any way i prefer knowing that his last expression was smiling than the expression of someone who just saw a bear.

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

frenchie wrote:Twice i beleive God brought me to someone's deat bed to intercede for them that the Spirit may comes find the way to their hearts before it was to late. One is my brother and the other was kept alive with the assistance of medical support and was in a coma like state. This later one might have saved one of my son's life being the good samaritan to him previously.They unpluged him the next day.
Just an interesting fact about my brother, he was on paliatives care and a while after he died, the people that came to take care of his body said that they witnessed something they never seen before. Although he was dead,he smiled.
(Like if his last expression was delayed in his body.)To me this was like a wink from God to let me know He had found the way to his hearth.Any way i prefer knowing that his last expression was smiling than the expression of someone who just saw a bear.

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
Thanks for this Frenchie, it touched me and witnessed to my spirit for i had the same experience with my son on life support...
praise Jesus for ever

frenchie
Wrestle Against Principalities

Post by frenchie »

Thanks for letting me know Macca.
"Praise Jesus forever indeed"

macca

Post by macca »

Truely i say to you to-day,
Is a senseless statement considering Jesus is talking to him in the 'now' 'to-day'

Truely i say to you, to-day you will be with me in paradise makes more sense to my simple mind.

They both will die 'to-day' and paradise is where Abraham was at that time.

It did not take long for Jesus to sort out the 'under the earth' bit of His 3 days and 3 nights away from His body in the tomb.

macca

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

i DO NOT believe Christ was tortured in hell as some teach.no way.

REVEREND DAKE THOUGHT IT WAS FALSE .

JESUS' VICTORY WAS WON ON THE CROSS OF CALVARY...HE SAID IT IS FINISHED.

JESUS KEEP ME NEAR THE CROSS.THERE'S A PRECIOUS FOUNTAIN . FREE TO ALL A HEALING STREAM FLOWS FROM CALVARY'S MOUNTAIN.IN THE CROSS IN THE CROSS BE MY GLORY EVER TILL MY RAPTURED SOUL SHALL FIND REST BEYOND THE RIVER.

THERES A FOUNTAIN FILLED WITH BLOOD DRAWN FROM IMMANUEL'S VEINS AND SINNERS PLUNGED BENEATH THAT FLOOD LOSE ALL THEIR GUILTY STAINS.LOSE ALL THEIR GUILTY STAINS.AND SINNERS PLUNGED BENEATH THAT FLOOD LOSE ALL THEIR GUILTY STAINS.

macca wrote:Truely i say to you to-day,
Is a senseless statement considering Jesus is talking to him in the 'now' 'to-day'

Truely i say to you, to-day you will be with me in paradise makes more sense to my simple mind.

They both will die 'to-day' and paradise is where Abraham was at that time.

It did not take long for Jesus to sort out the 'under the earth' bit of His 3 days and 3 nights away from His body in the tomb.

macca

macca

Post by macca »

Like the red letter versions that transpose Jesus over John the Baptist !!! :turn-l:

macca

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

macca wrote:Like the red letter versions that transpose Jesus over John the Baptist !!! :turn-l:

macca
one of the 3 men who originated the Red letter edition was from Modadore ,Ohio.

Ray

Post by Ray »

branham1965 wrote:
macca wrote:Like the red letter versions that transpose Jesus over John the Baptist !!! :turn-l:

macca
one of the 3 men who originated the Red letter edition was from Modadore ,Ohio.

Hello Brother Billy,

There is one not to far from my home who has created a "Red letter edition", He's from Baton Rouge ,LA.
Jimmy Swaggart.

Yet it is Jimmy's words that he seen fit to be in "Red".