Dake Bible Discussion BoardIdiot Pope prays to Mary!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: Idiot Pope prays to Mary!

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:she was working for Catholic relief services.

she was a good person.
bibleman wrote:
Pope Francis greets young people - EPA

18/01/2015 05:49SHARE:

(Vatican Radio) Pope Francis met with young people on the campus of Santo Tomàs University in Manila, Philippines, on Sunday morning, hearing their stories and leading them in prayer. Departing from his prepared text, the Holy Father addressed the young people in Spanish, with his translator from the Secretariat of State, Msgr. Mark Miles, providing English translation. Below, please find a transcript of the translation of the Holy Father's remarks.

Dear Young Friends,

When I speak spontaneously I do it in Spanish, because I don’t know the English language. May I do it? Thank you very much. This Fr Mark, a good translator.
First of all, a sad piece of news. Yesterday, as Mass was about to start, a piece of scaffolding fell and, upon falling, hit a young woman who was working in the area and she died. Her name is Kristel. She worked for the organisation preparing for that Mass. She was 27 years old, young like yourselves. She worked for Catholic Relief Services as a volunteer. I would like all of you who are young like her to pray for a moment in silence with me and then we will pray to Our Mother in Heaven. Let us pray.
Not doubting she was a good person billy, but there are many good people doing good works and yet because of their convoluted beliefs they were taught by men, they often doubt God's existence.
For example, Mother Teresa is such a person. She doubted the existence of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and wrote about this to the church and friends.
"Time magazine has a rather amazing story about a decades-long crisis of faith in the life of Agnes Bojaxhiu, better known as Mother Teresa. A newly released biography, Come Be My Light, consists of numerous letters Teresa exchanged with her church superiors. These letters reveal that for the last fifty years of her life, she felt as if God had withdrawn his presence from her and would not respond to her prayers. Unable to feel any hint of God’s existence – “neither in her heart or in the eucharist”, according to Brian Kolodiejchuk, the book’s editor – she lived in a permanent state of silent misery and despair. Some excerpts from Teresa’s letters reveal just how tormented she was: Although her letters show she considered atheism on more than one occasion, Teresa never publicly admitted the truth about how she felt. (She asked the church to destroy her letters, but that request was not granted.) It seems that, like many believers, she became so locked into her religion that she never even considered leaving it to be a live option. Sadly, she is not the first and will not be the last person to put themselves through this unnecessary suffering by vainly clinging to false dogma. This is yet another of the ways in which unfounded faith ends up causing real pain and suffering to real people.

Teresa’s inner suffering was not helped by the Catholic church. If anything, its masochistic, pain-glorifying teachings only exacerbated her problem, by encouraging her to stay and suffer rather than seek a different path where she might have found happiness. Some of Teresa’s confessors told her that her darkness was “reparative” – in other words, a blessing granted by God that let her experience some of what Jesus felt while being crucified. As one advisor put it, “It was the redeeming experience of her life when she realized that the night of her heart was the special share she had in Jesus’ passion.”
Wow, this > Unable to feel any hint of God’s existence – “neither in her heart or in the eucharist?

I'm not surprised at all by doubt and unbelief.

To be taught and then be expected to believe that God was truly and totally in a biscuit/wafer on Earth is ridicules. Its no wonder God refuses to draw close to people who believe in the teachings and commandments of men! Even as a child when I took the eucharist because I was told that's what we Catholics believe in and do, I really never once believe God would lower Himself to allow men at their command during mass, make Him come down from Heaven, reside in a small piece of a biscuit and then be locked away in a Tabernacle until the next Mass, in Church buildings all over the world and still, we were taught, be in Heaven and all also over the entire universe all at the same time?

I did read somewhere that there was demonstrated evidence that Mother Teresa neglected her patients, permitted them to suffer unnecessarily, and deliberately withheld all but the most rudimentary medical care? If this is true or not, I don't know?

Catholics also believe Mary was Co-Redemptrix with Jesus? Jesus is the only way, not Jesus and or Mary are the only way. They spend hours praying to Mary ever day. When the pray the rosary they mention Mary hundreds of times and the Father Son and Holy Spirit get mentioned one or two times?

The Holy Rosary

"Step-By-Step" Instructions for Praying The Rosary

Step I. Beginning with the Rosary's Cross: Begin as with all prayers In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. (making the sign of the Cross while doing that)
Step II. On the single bead just above the cross, pray the Apostles Creed. This and all prayers of the rosary are meditative prayers
Step III. The next cluster of beads are 3 bead, the "Hail Mary" prayer is said on these three beads. You pray the 3 Hail Marys while meditating on the three divine virtues of faith, hope, and love/charity.
Step IV. On the next bead, which is a single bead, you announce the first divine mystery of contemplation. For example, if it were a Monday, you would say the first Joyful Mystery is "The Annunciation", at this point you pray the "Our Father" prayer.
Step V. Now this will bring you to the first decade, or set of 10 beads of the Rosary. You will then pray 10 Hail Marys while contemplating the first mystery, example: The Annunciation.
Step VI. After the 10th Hail Mary you will have completed the first of 5 decades which make up a Chaplet of the Rosary. You now come to another single bead, at this point, you pray the... Glory be to the Father... then (on the same bead) pray the O My Jesus... then (on the same bead) announce the next or second mystery. For example: if its Monday and your praying the Joyful Mysteries, the second Joyful Mystery is The Visitation. At this point you pray the Our Father....
Step VII. You will now come to the second decade or group of 10 beads, you will now pray the 10 Hail Marys while contemplating the appropriate mystery.
Step VIII. You continue to pray the rosary the same way throughout. If your intention is to pray a Chaplet (a single set of mysteries) at the end of the fifth mystery you will come back to the joiner, this is where the decades all join with the lower part of the rosary which contains the cross. When you come to the joiner, you decide whether or not you wish to say another Chaplet or end. If you decide to say another Chaplet you simply announce the next mystery and continue. If you wish to end, you simply say the Glory Be To The Father, the O My Jesus, The Our Father and end the rosary with the Hail Holy Queen and the sign of the Cross........

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

When I was a little boy the Catholics in our town would carry a statue of Mary from house to house and they would each have the statue in their homes for a week at a time, my parents who were Catholics, home included. Some would come over most nights and we would all kneel down before the statue and pray the entire Rosary, the Salve Regina, (Hail Holy Queen): Hail Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us and after this our exile show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ. Mary, Queen of Heaven...we pray to thee Mary, Queen of all saints...we pray to thee, Mary, Queen of angels...we pray to thee, Mary, Queen of the holy rosary...we pray to thee. After a week of this mumbo-jumbo, the statue would be carried to another catholic families home?

Was I one young confused boy!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

i was an Altar boy.and i did not know about old time religion.

i heard about it from Billy Graham then my late Pastor.

thats my biggest slam on the RCC. THEY DO NOT TEACH FOLKS HOW TO BE BORN AGAIN!!!!!

all else is secondary if you lose your soul forever.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:i was an Altar boy.and i did not know about old time religion.

i heard about it from Billy Graham then my late Pastor.

thats my biggest slam on the RCC. THEY DO NOT TEACH FOLKS HOW TO BE BORN AGAIN!!!!!

all else is secondary if you lose your soul forever.
How about don't eat meat on Friday or you will burn in eternal hell forever?

I like you was an alter boy and had to learn the Mass in Latin in my day. I once asked the priest what all these Latin words meant? He told me; "You don't worry about what the words mean, you just respond when and where you must"!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

again many in my family are either Eastern Orthodox or Roman Catholic or Byzantine Catholic.

a few are born again believers.

+jesussign +fish +dove +peace

Ironman wrote:

she was a good person.
bibleman wrote:

(Vatican Radio) Pope Francis met with young people on the campus of Santo Tomàs University in Manila, Philippines, on Sunday morning, hearing their stories and leading them in prayer. Departing from his prepared text, the Holy Father addressed the young people in Spanish, with his translator from the Secretariat of State, Msgr. Mark Miles, providing English translation. Below, please find a transcript of the translation of the Holy Father's remarks.

Dear Young Friends,

When I speak spontaneously I do it in Spanish, because I don’t know the English language. May I do it? Thank you very much. This Fr Mark, a good translator.
First of all, a sad piece of news. Yesterday, as Mass was about to start, a piece of scaffolding fell and, upon falling, hit a young woman who was working in the area and she died. Her name is Kristel. She worked for the organisation preparing for that Mass. She was 27 years old, young like yourselves. She worked for Catholic Relief Services as a volunteer. I would like all of you who are young like her to pray for a moment in silence with me and then we will pray to Our Mother in Heaven. Let us pray.
Not doubting she was a good person billy, but there are many good people doing good works and yet because of their convoluted beliefs they were taught by men, they often doubt God's existence.
For example, Mother Teresa is such a person. She doubted the existence of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and wrote about this to the church and friends.
"Time magazine has a rather amazing story about a decades-long crisis of faith in the life of Agnes Bojaxhiu, better known as Mother Teresa. A newly released biography, Come Be My Light, consists of numerous letters Teresa exchanged with her church superiors. These letters reveal that for the last fifty years of her life, she felt as if God had withdrawn his presence from her and would not respond to her prayers. Unable to feel any hint of God’s existence – “neither in her heart or in the eucharist”, according to Brian Kolodiejchuk, the book’s editor – she lived in a permanent state of silent misery and despair. Some excerpts from Teresa’s letters reveal just how tormented she was: Although her letters show she considered atheism on more than one occasion, Teresa never publicly admitted the truth about how she felt. (She asked the church to destroy her letters, but that request was not granted.) It seems that, like many believers, she became so locked into her religion that she never even considered leaving it to be a live option. Sadly, she is not the first and will not be the last person to put themselves through this unnecessary suffering by vainly clinging to false dogma. This is yet another of the ways in which unfounded faith ends up causing real pain and suffering to real people.

Teresa’s inner suffering was not helped by the Catholic church. If anything, its masochistic, pain-glorifying teachings only exacerbated her problem, by encouraging her to stay and suffer rather than seek a different path where she might have found happiness. Some of Teresa’s confessors told her that her darkness was “reparative” – in other words, a blessing granted by God that let her experience some of what Jesus felt while being crucified. As one advisor put it, “It was the redeeming experience of her life when she realized that the night of her heart was the special share she had in Jesus’ passion.”
Wow, this > Unable to feel any hint of God’s existence – “neither in her heart or in the eucharist?

I'm not surprised at all by doubt and unbelief.

To be taught and then be expected to believe that God was truly and totally in a biscuit/wafer on Earth is ridicules. Its no wonder God refuses to draw close to people who believe in the teachings and commandments of men! Even as a child when I took the eucharist because I was told that's what we Catholics believe in and do, I really never once believe God would lower Himself to allow men at their command during mass, make Him come down from Heaven, reside in a small piece of a biscuit and then be locked away in a Tabernacle until the next Mass, in Church buildings all over the world and still, we were taught, be in Heaven and all also over the entire universe all at the same time?

I did read somewhere that there was demonstrated evidence that Mother Teresa neglected her patients, permitted them to suffer unnecessarily, and deliberately withheld all but the most rudimentary medical care? If this is true or not, I don't know?

Catholics also believe Mary was Co-Redemptrix with Jesus? Jesus is the only way, not Jesus and or Mary are the only way. They spend hours praying to Mary ever day. When the pray the rosary they mention Mary hundreds of times and the Father Son and Holy Spirit get mentioned one or two times?

The Holy Rosary

"Step-By-Step" Instructions for Praying The Rosary

Step I. Beginning with the Rosary's Cross: Begin as with all prayers In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. (making the sign of the Cross while doing that)
Step II. On the single bead just above the cross, pray the Apostles Creed. This and all prayers of the rosary are meditative prayers
Step III. The next cluster of beads are 3 bead, the "Hail Mary" prayer is said on these three beads. You pray the 3 Hail Marys while meditating on the three divine virtues of faith, hope, and love/charity.
Step IV. On the next bead, which is a single bead, you announce the first divine mystery of contemplation. For example, if it were a Monday, you would say the first Joyful Mystery is "The Annunciation", at this point you pray the "Our Father" prayer.
Step V. Now this will bring you to the first decade, or set of 10 beads of the Rosary. You will then pray 10 Hail Marys while contemplating the first mystery, example: The Annunciation.
Step VI. After the 10th Hail Mary you will have completed the first of 5 decades which make up a Chaplet of the Rosary. You now come to another single bead, at this point, you pray the... Glory be to the Father... then (on the same bead) pray the O My Jesus... then (on the same bead) announce the next or second mystery. For example: if its Monday and your praying the Joyful Mysteries, the second Joyful Mystery is The Visitation. At this point you pray the Our Father....
Step VII. You will now come to the second decade or group of 10 beads, you will now pray the 10 Hail Marys while contemplating the appropriate mystery.
Step VIII. You continue to pray the rosary the same way throughout. If your intention is to pray a Chaplet (a single set of mysteries) at the end of the fifth mystery you will come back to the joiner, this is where the decades all join with the lower part of the rosary which contains the cross. When you come to the joiner, you decide whether or not you wish to say another Chaplet or end. If you decide to say another Chaplet you simply announce the next mystery and continue. If you wish to end, you simply say the Glory Be To The Father, the O My Jesus, The Our Father and end the rosary with the Hail Holy Queen and the sign of the Cross........

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:i say that because i feel sorry for the girl.

she was a good person.
bibleman wrote:

Dear Young Friends,

I used to feel sorry for the likes of Mother Theresa. Sadly Mother Teresa was not a Christian. She was an idolater that worships bread, wine, statues, and men. God commands His people to stay away from people like this Don't use her as an example anywhere. The Bible gives this clear command to Christians:

"Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds." (2 John 9-11)

Look at what Mother Theresa said about "Mary."

"Let us ask [Mary] to be our Mother, guiding us and protecting us...she is always leading us to Jesus." [Nowhere does the Bible say that!]

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

NO ONE HERE HAS ANY BUSINESS JUDGING

WHERE THIS PERSON OR THAT PERSON WENT AFTER DEATH.

BE IT MOTHER TERESA,THE GIRL WHO WAS KILLED OR WHOEVER.

LEAVE THEM BE.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

this is my opinion.it justs sort of depresses me i guess.and i may be dead wrong.and if so i will repent.

i used to listen to a WOF Preacher in Canton Ohio and i have been to his Church a few times years back.Reverend David Lombardi.

he was a real good Preacher and Teacher.

he talked about this before and he said it bothered him.Preachers saying this.

i suppose it stuck with me.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:NO ONE HERE HAS ANY BUSINESS JUDGING

LEAVE THEM BE.
Am I judging anyone? I'm just putting out the truth about people being led down the garden path by the devil and his followers, and I wont leave be those that I know that do this, have done this and continue to do this. Being silent about false teachers is not what Jesus was about and he still is not about this.
"Look at what Mother Theresa said about "Mary."

"Let us ask [Mary] to be our Mother, guiding us and protecting us...she is always leading us to Jesus."
That's not taught in Scripture? Mary does not lead anyone to Jesus? And that's not all she said that was wrong.

Jesus Himself said; John 6:44, No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Regardless of how good a person is, I know this much, anyone who prays to Mary, says the repetitive rosary, bows down to and worships statues of Mary and depends on Mary to lead them to Jesus and teaches that Mary is the way and not, "Jesus is the only way," is not on the path to Heaven. Its up to people themselves to decide where they want to end up be it Heaven or Hell and praying to Mary is not the way.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

the Catholic issue has been a very serious one for most of my life since late 1975 -1976 ONWARD.

my Pastor Reverend Scott really had a Ministry to Catholics and sinners of all kinds and he was very straightforward and pulled no punches.the best thing is he knew the Lord.and the Anointing was heavily upon him.
He was unlike anyone i have ever heard or seen in certain ways.To God be the Glory he said.

the Catholic Church the diocese actually looked into this phenomenon.they were losing too many people to this unknown Preacher.
oh how i wish i could hear him minister just one more time.

when my Mother got saved in 9-16-2012 at Bishop Posey's Living Faith Apostolic Church it was Psalms 126 when the LORD turned again the captivity of Zion we were like them that dream.
i knew God was dealing with her when she said not to ask her to go forward.i promised not to.

but as Bishop ministered she went forward to the Altar.He laid hands on her and the Glory was there.

God met her at that Altar.

i felt the Power.and in the baptistry meaning i was around the sides.i thought i was going to fall in too almost.

now in Warren in 1976 my Granny and Grandpa knelt and prayed with Reverend Ernest Angley and found JESUS CHRIST as Savior and Healer.

i was very moved to see that.and Granny also was prayed for salvation and her healing by my Pastor .the same Holy Ghost that dealt with her in 1976 dealt with her daughter in 2012.

Great Grandma was from Italy.She came over on the boat.and at first she was mad i went to Reverend Scott's Church. but in time she prayed the sinners prayer with me.and would pray with me every night.

so i can sing the 126 Psalm today. Bless the Lord.Glory to Jesus.

Ironman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:NO ONE HERE HAS ANY BUSINESS JUDGING

LEAVE THEM BE.
Am I judging anyone? I'm just putting out the truth about people being led down the garden path by the devil and his followers, and I wont leave be those that I know that do this, have done this and continue to do this. Being silent about false teachers is not what Jesus was about and he still is not about this.
"Look at what Mother Theresa said about "Mary."

"Let us ask [Mary] to be our Mother, guiding us and protecting us...she is always leading us to Jesus."
That's not taught in Scripture? Mary does not lead anyone to Jesus? And that's not all she said that was wrong.

Jesus Himself said; John 6:44, No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Regardless of how good a person is, I know this much, anyone who prays to Mary, says the repetitive rosary, bows down to and worships statues of Mary and depends on Mary to lead them to Jesus and teaches that Mary is the way and not, "Jesus is the only way," is not on the path to Heaven. Its up to people themselves to decide where they want to end up be it Heaven or Hell and praying to Mary is not the way.