Dake Bible Discussion BoardHagin taught that a saved born again person could fall away!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: Hagin taught that a saved born again person could fall a

Post by Ironman »

Thank you Bibleman, that's what I believe. :angel:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Hagin taught that a saved born again person could fall a

Post by branham1965 »

two madmen shooting and killing here in 2 spots the USA this Lord's Day.

branham1965 wrote:

luchnia wrote:I was going to pull some of my Hagin books and look through them, however I just don't think it worth it for this subject. Maybe Hagin's views changed over time since the time he wrote many of his books. When I was researching Hagin I found many things that I thought did not line up close enough with God's Word and many things that did line up. I don't recall if falling away was a big topic of concern for me at the time.

Bear with me on something. Scripture seems to indicate a man can indeed fall into apostasy to the point of no return, yet I wonder if ignorance can get you there. Let me pose a question. Did those that attribute the work of satan to Jesus do it out of ignorance of head knowledge or knowingly from the heart? If a person did not know the Spirit by which Jesus worked how could they blaspheme Him? Matthew 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

Another way to put it is how can you reject what you do not know? Can you fall from where you have not been? The hypocrites in Jesus day knew Him and that is the only way they could pin the works of the devil on Him, right? Isn't the permanent falling away along these lines?

I suppose we don't exactly know Hagin's thoughts on a permanent falling away. I think there is a MEGA problem with the doctrine of falling away only being out of fellowship with God because we can easily show that sin damns the soul and should close the case on any such teaching whether it be from Hagin or whomever. There is nothing that teaches a man can follow sin and satan and God and righteousness at the same time. As they say, "not gonna happen."