Dake Bible Discussion BoardQuestions Young Earth Theorists Have Not Been Able to Answer

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ray

Re: Questions Young Earth Theorists Have Not Been Able to An

Post by Ray »

bibleman wrote:
Ray wrote:
bibleman wrote:HI Ray,

Above you said: "Leon, I hope what I wrote above does not come across as being to Harsh on Rev. Dake, But I don't know no other way to make the point (I Believe) that needs to here be made."

No, you do not come across harsh at all, just unlearned of Dake's teachings and the Word of God itself. Stick around open your mind and you will learn and grow. But you must open your mind to the Word of God.

God created man: Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

God made man: Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Just as Dake says man was created and made!
Fifteen Things God Has Done
1. He commanded men to keep His precepts (Ps. 119:4).
2. He rebuked the proud (Ps. 119:21).
3. He heard prayer (Ps. 119:26).
4. He caused men to hope (Ps. 119:49).
5. He quickened men (Ps. 119:50,93).
6. He dealt well with men (Ps. 119:65,68).
7. He created and made man (Ps. 119:73).
Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Psalm 119".
There it is, you can believe or not!
Leon,
I guess I am not being clear in the point I am attempting to make.

According to Dake's definition of the word (Heb. bara) Create.
Means to produce from Nothing.

According to Dake's definition Man could have NEVER been created ( as man was NEVER produced from Nothing)

Dake's definition only allows man to be "MADE" and Never be "CREATED" which is proved completely wrong
according to The Scriptures.
OK RAY,

What part of planet earth was Adam's soul made from?
Gen 2:
7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

"Gen 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." This verse makes no sense at all. If man were created in chapter one of Genesis, did he just lay there dead before God breathed breath into him? Was this a second man?

"Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.” This is odd, God spoke to man before He breathed life into him in the second chapter? +goofy

Sometimes we must shake the dust off our brain cells and somehow put them to use. :shocked!: :mrgreen:

Word up!

Ray

Post by Ray »

luchnia wrote:"Gen 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." This verse makes no sense at all. If man were created in chapter one of Genesis, did he just lay there dead before God breathed breath into him? Was this a second man?

"Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.” This is odd, God spoke to man before He breathed life into him in the second chapter? +goofy

Sometimes we must shake the dust off our brain cells and somehow put them to use. :shocked!: :mrgreen:
The Gen. 2 account of the creation of man is a retelling of the Gen. 1 account with more detail.
Just as Gen. 7 is a retelling with more detail of what is given in Gen.6 If one would take Just what
is given in Gen. 6 they would believe Noah put into the Ark only 2 of each kind of Animal

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Ray wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Ray wrote:

Above you said: "Leon, I hope what I wrote above does not come across as being to Harsh on Rev. Dake, But I don't know no other way to make the point (I Believe) that needs to here be made."

No, you do not come across harsh at all, just unlearned of Dake's teachings and the Word of God itself. Stick around open your mind and you will learn and grow. But you must open your mind to the Word of God.

God created man: Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

God made man: Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Psalm 119".
Leon,

According to Dake's definition Man could have NEVER been created ( as man was NEVER produced from Nothing)

Dake's definition only allows man to be "MADE" and Never be "CREATED" which is proved completely wrong
OK RAY,

Gen 2:
7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
His body was made from the earth... yes... but what part of the earth was his soul made from?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Ray

Post by Ray »

bibleman wrote:
Ray wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Ray wrote:

Leon,

OK RAY,

Gen 2:
His body was made from the earth... yes... but what part of the earth was his soul made from?
Hey Leon,
Ok I see where you are going here. But why do you ask "what part of the earth"?
Do you think Something has to be a part of the Earth to truly be Something?

According To Dake's Definition To "CREATE" is to Produce Something from NOTHING.
Now you don't consider The Breath Of GOD as being Nothing do you?

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Ray wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Ray wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Ray wrote:

Leon,

OK RAY,

Gen 2:
Hey Leon,
Ok I see where you are going here. But why do you ask "what part of the earth"?
Do you think Something has to be a part of the Earth to truly be Something?

According To Dake's Definition To "CREATE" is to Produce Something from NOTHING.
Now you don't consider The Breath Of GOD as being Nothing do you?
NO - you are still not seeing it Ray.

The soul of man was created when the breath of God entered into the body of man.

Thus man's body was MADE from the earth... but man's soul was CREATED from nothing... when the breath of God entered the body of man.

Man was BOTH made and created.

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Ray

Post by Ray »

Leon,

Is The Breath OF GOD Nothing ???

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Ray wrote:Leon,

Of course not.

But the soul of man is NOT the breath of God is it? You are confusing the soul and spirit of man.

The "soul of man" was created when the breath of God entered into the body of man.

Thus man's body was MADE from the earth... but man's soul was CREATED from nothing... when the breath of God entered the body of man.

God bless
Leon Bible

Ray

Post by Ray »

bibleman wrote:

Of course not.

But the soul of man is NOT the breath of God is it? You are confusing the soul and spirit of man.

The "soul of man" was created when the breath of God entered into the body of man.

Leon,
You say:

Yes Leon The "soul of man" was created from the breath of God when It entered into the body of man.

Again Surly The Breath Of GOD is Not Nothing.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Ray wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Of course not.

Leon,
You say:

Yes Leon The "soul of man" was created from the breath of God when It entered into the body of man.

Again Surly The Breath Of GOD is Not Nothing.
Hi Ray,

Above you said: "The "soul of man" was created from the breath of God when It entered into the body of man."

Do you have a Scripture that supports that the soul of man was made FROM the breath of God? That is the soul of man and the breath of God or of the same substance - that one being from the other?

No Ray, the Bible does not teach that. The soul was created at the point of the Breath of God entering the body of man, but the soul of man is NOT the Breath of God.

You are confusing the soul of man with the spirit of man.

God bless
Leon Bible