Dake Bible Discussion BoardQuestions Young Earth Theorists Have Not Been Able to Answer

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: Questions Young Earth Theorists Have Not Been Able to An

Post by Ironman »

Hi Ray,

Here you said there is ONLY ONE BEGINNING!

"****Both Gen1:1 and John 1:1-3 are the Beginning, The Same Time, NO reason in Scripture to believe otherwise. THERE was ONLY ONE BEGINNING, The Beginning is THE BEGINNING. This must be where some Old Earth Creationist get confused."
. http://www.dakebibleboard.com/viewtopic ... 188#p84188

Whats this now, two times I have shown you where you said it?

Gen.1:1, "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." ONE IN THE BEGINNING.

John 1:1-3, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2, The same was in the beginning with God.
3, All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." THE SECOND, "IN THE BEGINNING" WHICH YOU SAY AND BELIEVE IS EXACTLY THE SAME IN THE BEGINNING AS THE FIRST, which it isn't?

The second, "In the beginning

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Ray wrote:Hello Leon,

OK, I knew that I did not in no way attempt to age GOD.

The Scriptures Clearly reveal a First Day and a Last Day.
(not to say that there was nothing before the First Day, and not to say there will be nothing after the Last Day)

Leon,
Do you Believe the "BEGINNING" in Gen 1:1 and the "BEGINNING" in John 1:1 to be speaking of the SAME
Beginning or are these two verses speaking of DIFFERENT Beginnings ???

Could you Please explain your answer in short ??

Gen 1
1, "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."
John 1:
1, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
2, "The same was in the beginning with God."
3, "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."
The Beginning of John 1 came BEFORE the Beginning on Genesis 1.

The text you gave show that fact.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Ray

Post by Ray »

bibleman wrote:

(not to say that there was nothing before the First Day, and not to say there will be nothing after the Last Day)

Leon,
Do you Believe the "BEGINNING" in Gen 1:1 and the "BEGINNING" in John 1:1 to be speaking of the SAME

Gen 1
John 1:
1, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
3, "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."

WHAT ??
Leon,
Do you believe John 1:1 is speaking of the "beginning" (start of existence) of GOD ???

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

God has no beginning and has no end. God existed ETERNALLY, throughout eternity past, God was before Genisis 1:1. God is;

Exodus 3:14, "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Ray wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Leon,

Gen 1
John 1:

WHAT ??
Leon,
Do you believe John 1:1 is speaking of the "beginning" (start of existence) of GOD ???
Hi Ray,

If God was not BEFORE The creation of the Earth then who created the earth?

"All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."

If all things were made by HIM then HIM had to be BEFORE the all things!

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Ray

Post by Ray »

bibleman wrote:
Ray wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Leon,

Gen 1
John 1:

WHAT ??
Leon,
Hi Ray,

"All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."

Yes , CLEARLY
As I Presented a little Earlier,

Just wondering Where are You going with these 2 "BEGINNING" without having to post back and forth
to many times.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Ray wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Ray wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Leon,

Gen 1
John 1:

WHAT ??
Leon,
Hi Ray,

Yes , CLEARLY

Just wondering Where are You going with these 2 "BEGINNING" without having to post back and forth
to many times.
The beginnings are in reference to the beginning spoken of at the time.

Genesis 1: 1 - The beginning of the heavens and the earth.

John 1:1 The beginning BEFORE the beginning of Genesis 1:1

Both times as far as we are concerned are in the dateless past.

God bless
Leon Bible

Ray

Post by Ray »

bibleman wrote:
Ray wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Ray wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Leon,

Gen 1
John 1:

WHAT ??
Leon,
Hi Ray,

Yes , CLEARLY

to many times.

Leon,

Why do you believe (or Rev. Finis teach) that this Gen 1 account of the Beginning and creation and the John 1 account of the beginning and the creation are speaking of 2 different events ???

Gen 1
1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth
John 1:
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2The same was in the beginning with God.
3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made
of the creation

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Ray wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Ray wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Ray wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Leon,

Gen 1
John 1:

WHAT ??
Leon,
Hi Ray,

Yes , CLEARLY

to many times.

Leon,

Why do you believe (or Rev. Finis teach) that this Gen 1 account of the Beginning and creation and the John 1 account of the beginning and the creation are speaking of 2 different events ???

Gen 1
1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth
John 1:
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2The same was in the beginning with God.
3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made
of the creation
Why do you believe it is the same event?

God bless
Leon Bible

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Ray,"In the beginning" [literally by periods or ages] God created the heaven, [Hebrew, heavens] and the earth, not 6000years ago God created the Heaven and the earth.
When we speak of the six days and the creation of the present life on Earth, we can speak with Bible authority that it was about 6000 years ago. This can be seen by the lengths of the various dispensations since Adam. In no Scripture are we taught to believe that the heavens and the Earth were originally created during the six days and at the time of Adam about 6000 years ago.
Some use Exodus 20:8-11; 31:17 to try and prove that the heavens and the Earth were created in the six days of Gen. 1:3-2:25, and therefore, that they were created about 6000 years ago. However, nothing is said of the original creation of the heavens and the Earth in these passages.

In these Scriptures the Hebrew word 'ASAH,' meaning to make out of already existing material, is used instead of the word 'BARA,' to create. These verses picture the re-creation work of the six days and not the original creation "In the beginning."

'ASAH' never means to create. It is translated 'MADE,' 659 times; 'MAKE,' 449 times; 'MAKETH,' 59 times and 'MAKEST,' sixteen times; 'MAKER,' thirteen times; 'MAKING,' eleven times; and 'MADEST,' three times.

When God said, "In six days, the Lord 'MADE' heaven and Earth," he had in mind the restoration of the heaven (firmament,or clouds) the Earth to a habitable state as it was before the destruction of Lucifers kingdom by the flood and Gen. 1:2.

Notes all taken from When God created and made the Material Universe. Dake's PFM page 81, 82.