Dake Bible Discussion BoardQuestions Young Earth Theorists Have Not Been Able to Answer

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: Questions Young Earth Theorists Have Not Been Able to An

Post by Ironman »

Ray wrote:At the Time of Noah
5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
7 And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.
9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
10 And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

So GOD saw how wicked mankind at that time had become. So HE destroyed them in a flood ALL but
Noah a Just man who walked with GOD and his family.

And Haz you say (I paraphrase) that Satan and his angels rebelled and got so out of control that GOD destroys the Heavens and earth in everything in them. BUT LEAVES SATAN AND HIS FALLEN ANGELS UNTOUCHED.

Can you see Haz how there seems to be a problem with this???
The only problem I have is the fact that you seem to be unable to understand plain English and are ignorant or simply just refuse to believe God's Word!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Luchnia asked Ray;
luchnia wrote:I was wondering, approximately how old do you think the earth is?
I can answer that for you 'luchnia before ray confuses us all with another of his pet theories and beliefs!
Ray believes the Earth is 6000 years old, and he also believes God had a beginning and therefore is not an eternal being with no beginning and no end?

He stated that Gen.1:1 occurred 6000 years ago, and stated in a post on this thread that Gen. 1:1, and John 1:1, are exactly the same and occurred at the same time and are the same 'In The Beginning?

Ray stated,
"****Both Gen1:1 and John 1:1-3 are the Beginning, The Same Time, NO reason in Scripture to believe otherwise. THERE was ONLY ONE BEGINNING, The Beginning is THE BEGINNING. This must be where some
Old Earth Creationist get confused."
Gen. 1:1, "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."

John 1:1, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

He refuses to read further and believe, where it is clearly stated;

John 1:2, "The same was in the beginning with God."

John 1:3, "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."

According to Ray, The Earth is 6000 years old AND SO IS GOD! :scrambleup:

Don't believe anything He says, on any doctrine!

Ray wrote;
"Hello luchnia,
I will answer your question with a question.
If you could have seen Adam one second after He was created how old would He have looked?
Think About it.'

Gen 1:26, "And God said, Let us make man in our image, . . "

Adam was made, not created and he would have looked ONE SECOND OLD! :lol!:
And it only took about half a second to work that out! :scrambleup:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ironman

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:well coming out of hyperspace here .... :new-alien:

Ray
you are entitled to your view.why not let Haz have his???? we are DARB Gap people. +highfive

Kenneth Hagin believed it.DEREK Prince was far more educated than almost any man in Pentecostal history.DEREK believed the Gap Teaching.He
had two King's Signatures for his flawless academic prowess.One from Eaton;one from Cambridge.
DEREK topped his classes there.
He read Greek,Hebrew.Spoke and wrote at least 8 i think more languages fluently.AND HE LOVED ISRAEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! +IsraelFlag and won multitudes to Jesus like Dad Hagin and Reverend Dake did.
Thanks Billy, only we don't give our opinions or views, we quote and believe the simple scriptures don't we! :angel:

Ray

Post by Ray »

Ironman wrote:
Ray wrote:2 Peter 3:
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Clearly Noah's Flood.
Just shows me how clearly you are in error. You just hang on to a verse or two you THINK lines up with your pet theory and IGNORE the dozens of not hundreds I have given which proves there was a pre-Adamite world, ruled by Lucifer who decided to try and de-throne God but failed, and God in His anger completely destroyed the earth AND ALL IN IT, something God never did in Noah's flood.

Now, 2 Peter 3:5-7 expresses this clearly in plain human language, "For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing (emerging) out of the water and in the water:

Whereby the world THAT THEN WAS, being overflowed with water, PERISHED:
But the heavens and the Earth, WHICH ARE NOW, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men."

This is where people become confused and say the world "that then was," was the world before Noah's flood, but this cannot be because:

If the world that THAT THEN WAS" is that between Adam and the flood of Noah, then God created The heavens and the Earth WHICH ARE NOW" since the flood of Noah. Noah and his family lived prior to his flood
and after it.
The world "THAT THEN WAS PERISHED" and everything in it also perished. What change could Noah's flood make to the heavens? None, for floods on Earth can never cover the heavens. The earth, vegetation, the heavens, all remained the same after Noah's flood.

Peter, in (2 Peter 3:3-7) taught that scoffers were totally ignorant of the flood that destroyed the social system and the earth "that then was" (lucifers flood). These scoffers all knew of Noah's flood and still know today. This proves that the truth of the flood that destroyed the original creation was hidden from them, while they knew about Noah's flood.

Sadly, some people just plainly and simply refuse to believe what they read in God's Word because they are either too dumb, completely ignorantas Peter stated, or they think they know more than God Himself has revealed. :lol!:

Hey Haz,
You wrote:
"Whereby the world THAT THEN WAS, being overflowed with water, PERISHED:
But the heavens and the Earth, WHICH ARE NOW, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men."

***** Yea Haz GOD destroyed the earth in Noah's Flood. The world that was then PERISHED.
Gen 6:
13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

You Wrote:
This is where people become confused and say the world "that then was," was the world before Noah's flood, but this cannot be because:

If the world that THAT THEN WAS" is that between Adam and the flood of Noah, then God created The heavens and the Earth WHICH ARE NOW" since the flood of Noah. Noah and his family lived prior to his flood
and after it.
The world "THAT THEN WAS PERISHED" and everything in it also perished. What change could Noah's flood make to the heavens? None, for floods on Earth can never cover the heavens. The earth, vegetation, the heavens, all remained the same after Noah's flood.

*****Haz, Yea there was changes in the heavens and the earth after Noah's flood. NO Haz ALL did not "remained the same after Noah's flood". If more people would read and understand the Gen. Account
maybe they would not be confused. It seems to many comments are made while lol instead of studying and learning The TRUTH of THE WORD.

Ray

Post by Ray »

Hello Haz,
Earlier you wrote:
Gen 1:26, "And God said, Let us make man in our image, . . "
Adam was made, not created and he would have looked ONE SECOND OLD! :lol!:

*****Haz, were you laughing out loud so much you couldn't read the VERY NEXT VERSE.
You still don't see that this made vs. create is a BIG problem with your stance ?

Genesis 1:27 King James Version (KJV)
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

AMEN MATE.
that bloke doesnt give me the respect of an answer.hes a troublemaker.he comes on here and tries to cause trouble ,stir up dissent and division.
but we got news for him.we are not ignorant of his devices.

ASK HIM MATE.HES A JEW HATER.AN ANTI SEMITE.ASK HIM HAZ.

Ironman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:well coming out of hyperspace here .... :new-alien:

Ray
you are entitled to your view.why not let Haz have his???? we are DARB Gap people. +highfive

Kenneth Hagin believed it.DEREK Prince was far more educated than almost any man in Pentecostal history.DEREK believed the Gap Teaching.He
had two King's Signatures for his flawless academic prowess.One from Eaton;one from Cambridge.
DEREK topped his classes there.
He read Greek,Hebrew.Spoke and wrote at least 8 i think more languages fluently.AND HE LOVED ISRAEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! +IsraelFlag and won multitudes to Jesus like Dad Hagin and Reverend Dake did.
Thanks Billy, only we don't give our opinions or views, we quote and believe the simple scriptures don't we! :angel:

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters"

When was the beginning? I ask this question again knowing well that it cannot be answered since there was no date set on the dateless past how would one know? We can study and get some concept of that time period.

We could wish that God would have said, "On this day the 24th of 1024 million BC I created the heaven and the earth" to save us all the hardship of bantering back and forth, but we know that did not happen. One thing we do know is that something caused the earth became a wreck of a mass. It is amazing how much is in those two verses!

Some things happen quickly on the earth and other things take thousands of millions of years to occur. Consider when God said something along the lines of "Light be!" and how fast light travels. Even at the speed that God has light traveling it could take millions of years for some light from an object to get to earth. Something as simple as light teaches us much about creation. We know earth is not the oldest planet so who created the rest of the planets millions of years ago?

Genesis 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. How long did it take light to be manifested after God spoke? Why did God have to divide the light from darkness? The scripture states, "There was light" but does not tell you how long it took for light to appear and this division on earth to take place. Does this mean that this "light be" was the first time that God saw light? Was that the first time God saw darkness?

Could we be so naive to believe that God created something without infinite knowledge and wisdom to create? Proverbs 3:19-20 The Lord by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens. [20] By his knowledge the depths are broken up, and the clouds drop down the dew.

Not everything happens in the "twinkling of an eye". Faith of God does in the spiritual realms, but the manifestation in the physical does not. God framed the worlds by His word and His divine spiritual force of faith made it manifest in the physical by corresponding action. God does not rush the harvest (manifestation) nor does He command men to do so. When men rush the harvest they lose.

Understanding how the faith of God works will bring understanding about how and when things were brought into existence. Look at Abraham's promise from God. God spoke it to Abraham and we know God's faith was on time, yet absolutely nothing happened until years and years later! Why? Was God's faith not up to par? Certainly we know better :shocked!:

God will not work against His law of faith. The more you develop faith the more you understand how God works and the more the entrance of God's word the more light comes.

Word up!
macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

luchnia wrote:"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters"

When was the beginning? I ask this question again knowing well that it cannot be answered since there was no date set on the dateless past how would one know? We can study and get some concept of that time period.

We could wish that God would have said, "On this day the 24th of 1024 million BC I created the heaven and the earth" to save us all the hardship of bantering back and forth, but we know that did not happen. One thing we do know is that something caused the earth became a wreck of a mass. It is amazing how much is in those two verses!

Some things happen quickly on the earth and other things take thousands of millions of years to occur. Consider when God said something along the lines of "Light be!" and how fast light travels. Even at the speed that God has light traveling it could take millions of years for some light from an object to get to earth. Something as simple as light teaches us much about creation. We know earth is not the oldest planet so who created the rest of the planets millions of years ago?

Genesis 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. How long did it take light to be manifested after God spoke? Why did God have to divide the light from darkness? The scripture states, "There was light" but does not tell you how long it took for light to appear and this division on earth to take place. Does this mean that this "light be" was the first time that God saw light? Was that the first time God saw darkness?

Could we be so naive to believe that God created something without infinite knowledge and wisdom to create? Proverbs 3:19-20 The Lord by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens. [20] By his knowledge the depths are broken up, and the clouds drop down the dew.

Not everything happens in the "twinkling of an eye". Faith of God does in the spiritual realms, but the manifestation in the physical does not. God framed the worlds by His word and His divine spiritual force of faith made it manifest in the physical by corresponding action. God does not rush the harvest (manifestation) nor does He command men to do so. When men rush the harvest they lose.

Understanding how the faith of God works will bring understanding about how and when things were brought into existence. Look at Abraham's promise from God. God spoke it to Abraham and we know God's faith was on time, yet absolutely nothing happened until years and years later! Why? Was God's faith not up to par? Certainly we know better :shocked!:

God will not work against His law of faith. The more you develop faith the more you understand how God works and the more the entrance of God's word the more light comes.

:angel: :angel:

Ray

Post by Ray »

luchnia wrote:"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters"

Hello luchnia,
Above you wrote:
"One thing we do know is that something caused the earth became a wreck of a mass."
The words "without form" (Hebrew) tohuw def. Formless, emptiness, confusion, nothingness
"and void" (Hebrew) bohuw def. emptiness, void, waste

Question: Why the earth being "without form, and void" would have to be one that has been destroyed,
and cannot be an earth that is the early stage of Creation ??

It took GOD 6 days to make the heaven and earth, to form and to fill that what at the start was empty.

Exodus 20:11a
11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is,

When GOD started the creation of man, HE began with a pile of dust of the ground, which HE formed into
a man (when man was dust on the ground was he in a destroyed state that GOD had to re-create ?? Of Course not !! Even though Scripture says the end result of the body is dust.)
Genesis 3:19b
" for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return."

CLEARLY the dust that GOD started with in the creation of Adam was "without form, and void" was not
YET Formed into the body of a Man and was Void of Breath or life.
Gen 2:
7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

WHY can't we see the earth it's early stage of creation in the very same way????

luchnia,
Then you wrote:
We know earth is not the oldest planet so who created the rest of the planets millions of years ago?

How do you know "earth is not the oldest planet" ???
Then you ask "so who created the rest of the planets millions of years ago"?

WOW how can you even ask "so who created the rest of the planets" ?
luchnia, DO YOU OWN A BIBLE ?? DO YOU BELIEVE WHAT IS WRITTEN INSIDE ???

I can see if you don't own a Bible, and have never been exposed to THE TRUTH you might think Mickey Mouse
created the rest of the planets. BUT PLEASE.

DOES NOT ALL BIBLES STILL HAVE THIS VERSE ????
Exodus 20:11a
11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is,

I See that all Bibles may not continue to have this verse as many seem to want to twist it or completely
ignore it.

WHY CAN'T WE BELIEVE EXODUS 20:11 JUST AS IT IS WRITTEN ????

Ray

Post by Ray »

Hello Leon,

OK, I knew that I did not in no way attempt to age GOD.

The Scriptures Clearly reveal a First Day and a Last Day.
(not to say that there was nothing before the First Day, and not to say there will be nothing after the Last Day)

Leon,
Do you Believe the "BEGINNING" in Gen 1:1 and the "BEGINNING" in John 1:1 to be speaking of the SAME
Beginning or are these two verses speaking of DIFFERENT Beginnings ???

Could you Please explain your answer in short ??

Gen 1
1, "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."
John 1:
1, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
2, "The same was in the beginning with God."
3, "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."