Dake Bible Discussion BoardIs God our Daddy?????

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Is God our Daddy?????

Post by branham1965 »

i read on line and hear this on Christian television.

DADDY referring to God.i understand Abba Father.

but doing this all the time is this appropriate????

i just cant imagine the late great Leonard Ravenhill saying this.

he was a mighty Preacher from Leeds Yorkshire England.on youtube. :scrambleup:
Last edited by branham1965 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Is God our Daddy?????

Post by branham1965 »

dolph wrote:I believe there is a verse calling Father God "Abba" which many say may be translated an affectionate "Daddy."

thank you dolph. its great to see you here.i mean that.there is no bull_ with me.

i believe its in Romans 8:15.

but im saying calling God that always ...its odd to me.

like if we all gathered to hear Reverend Dake and he addressed God as Dear Daddy we would all probably pass out or wake up....

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:i read on line and hear this on Christian television.

Good question billy.

YES! I was adopted and called my father DADDY as a youngster and DAD until the day he died.

The word Abba is an Aramaic word that would most closely be translated as “Daddy.” It was a common term that young children would use to address their father.

WE, when we are born again, are adopted children of God and we can call Him DADDY, or DAD if we wish. I usually call Him Holy Father, but would not worry about calling Him Dad, or Daddy if the situation was right.

Romans 8:15, For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Galatians 4:6, And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Jesus called Him ABBA;

Mark 14:36, And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.

In Scripture there are many different names used to describe God. While all the names of God are important in many ways, the name “Abba Father” is one of the most significant names of God in understanding how He relates to people. The word Abba is an Aramaic word that would most closely be translated as “Daddy.” It was a common term that young children would use to address their fathers. It signifies the close, intimate relationship of a father to his child, as well as the childlike trust that a young child puts in his “daddy.”

While most people, at least those who do not irrationally deny the existence of God, would claim that all are “children of God,” the Bible reveals quite a different truth. We are all His creations and under His authority and Lordship and will all be judged by Him, but being a child of God and having the right to truly call Him “Abba Father” is something that only born-again Christians are able to do (John 1:12-13). IMO.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Thank you Haz.thats good stuff.it helps.

Ironman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:i read on line and hear this on Christian television.

Good question billy.

YES! I was adopted and called my father DADDY as a youngster and DAD until the day he died.

The word Abba is an Aramaic word that would most closely be translated as “Daddy.” It was a common term that young children would use to address their father.

WE, when we are born again, are adopted children of God and we can call Him DADDY, or DAD if we wish. I usually call Him Holy Father, but would not worry about calling Him Dad, or Daddy if the situation was right.

Romans 8:15, For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Galatians 4:6, And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Jesus called Him ABBA;

Mark 14:36, And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.

In Scripture there are many different names used to describe God. While all the names of God are important in many ways, the name “Abba Father” is one of the most significant names of God in understanding how He relates to people. The word Abba is an Aramaic word that would most closely be translated as “Daddy.” It was a common term that young children would use to address their fathers. It signifies the close, intimate relationship of a father to his child, as well as the childlike trust that a young child puts in his “daddy.”

While most people, at least those who do not irrationally deny the existence of God, would claim that all are “children of God,” the Bible reveals quite a different truth. We are all His creations and under His authority and Lordship and will all be judged by Him, but being a child of God and having the right to truly call Him “Abba Father” is something that only born-again Christians are able to do (John 1:12-13). IMO.