Dake Bible Discussion BoardDake's greatest influence

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Dake's greatest influence

Post by luchnia »

I am hoping to find information on who, if any, may have been Dake's greatest influence other than Jesus? I think it would be great to research such individuals if there are any. I have done many searches over the years on Dake rather intensely and there is so little out there about him other than the episode with the girl crossing state lines which does not bother me one way or the other. I do find the story rather intriguing though. To me that does not belittle the monumental work the man has done.

I have watched his lectures on youtube and listened to GPFM audio and read his books over and over. I have not heard anyone in over 30 years that could speak scripture the way Dake could do it. The speed at which he could rifle off and locate scripture was phenomenal. It is simply amazing and astounding as if it was implanted into his brain! It is a talent that I don't think has been duplicated in the same manner as Dake. The man's mind was definitely wired for the scripture. Did he have any body he hung out with or any great influences?

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Dake's greatest influence

Post by branham1965 »

Pastor Bible wrote two books one a bibliography of his works which is superb.i read that many years ago.
and of course his wonderful book on Reverend Dake's life.

luchnia wrote:I am hoping to find information on who, if any, may have been Dake's greatest influence other than Jesus? I think it would be great to research such individuals if there are any. I have done many searches over the years on Dake rather intensely and there is so little out there about him other than the episode with the girl crossing state lines which does not bother me one way or the other. I do find the story rather intriguing though. To me that does not belittle the monumental work the man has done.

I have watched his lectures on youtube and listened to GPFM audio and read his books over and over. I have not heard anyone in over 30 years that could speak scripture the way Dake could do it. The speed at which he could rifle off and locate scripture was phenomenal. It is simply amazing and astounding as if it was implanted into his brain! It is a talent that I don't think has been duplicated in the same manner as Dake. The man's mind was definitely wired for the scripture. Did he have any body he hung out with or any great influences?

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

luchnia wrote:I am hoping to find information on who, if any, may have been Dake's greatest influence other than Jesus? I think it would be great to research such individuals if there are any. I have done many searches over the years on Dake rather intensely and there is so little out there about him other than the episode with the girl crossing state lines which does not bother me one way or the other. I do find the story rather intriguing though. To me that does not belittle the monumental work the man has done.

I would say four people.

EW Bullinger
Adam Clarke
Clarence Larkin
CI Scofield

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

bibleman wrote:

I would say four people.

EW Bullinger
Adam Clarke
Clarence Larkin
CI Scofield
Excellent. I am somewhat familiar with Larkin, Scofield, and possibly Bullinger, but not sure about Clarke. Thanks for the info.

Word up!

victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Post by victoryword »

I like Adam Clarke (Arminian). Wish I had discovered his commentaries before someone made me buy Matthew Henry (Calvinist) some 30 years ago. Hwever, glad I never bought Matthew Poole (extreme Calvinist). I can see how Clarke may have had some influence on Dake.