Dake Bible Discussion BoardIs America ready for this kind of preaching?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Is America ready for this kind of preaching?

Post by branham1965 »

i agree. +CrazyEyes +CrazyEyes
macca wrote:this whole thread is a mire of missunderstanding :mrgreen:

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

WOW...what is wrong with these pastors and the contentious manners? My oh my....so execute instead of salvation? Since this is a snippit of his sermon we have little information, hopefully in the rest of his sermon he gives the sodomites the message of salvation. God turned those that did the unnatural over to a reprobate mind and if we go further notice what Paul said to the Jews that judged falsely (not stating the pastor did since we don't have the entire message):

Romans 2:2-16 (some text removed for brevity)
But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.

Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and long suffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Look at the two classes here that were judging:
[7] To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: [8] But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, [9] Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; [10] But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

[11] For there is no respect of persons with God. [12] For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; [13] (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. [14] For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

[15] Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;) [16] In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Hopefully the one that makes these statements can stand not condemned by his words. In the New Covenant what saves a sodomite, God's word that pierces the heart and leads to repentance or executing them?

Word up!

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Anderson, who "holds no college degree but has well over 140 chapters of the Bible memorized word-for-word" according to his church's website, has made headlines several times this year for bizarre statements.
I always like to use myself as an example when dealing with these things. That way I am not pointing at anyone else. I found in my life what I was missing in memorization and that is knowledge of the truth. I had memorized many text in my thirty years but simply did not have knowledge of the truth in so many areas and I was not free in those areas. I did have parts and pieces.

Often times those text I memorized were simply out of context. When I started to set my heart to understand the entirety of a matter things changed and a true realization of just how much I DID NOT KNOW came to me along with much freedom. Granted this is still a progression for me to this day.

Indeed memorization is great and needful, but the truth is far greater. So make sure that both are obtained. I used to say the truth shall make you free so much I totally overlooked the first part, forgetting that a knowledge of the truth is what really makes you free. Of course there is more to it, but hopefully the point will come across when dealing with this fellow.

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Mr. Anderson also has prayed for President Obama's death.

One can read the King James Bible until it falls apart.And one can memorize verses and do all that religious stuff.

And still be no bloody good and be nothing but the unvarnished devil.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

i need to clarify.i was referring to this feisty fellow.

he has the same attitude and spirit that Westboro Baptist Church shows.

its an insult to the many good Baptist Churches in the land like Adrian Roger's and Charles Stanley's.

i am not sure what Dr.David Jeremiah's is out in California.

branham1965 wrote:Mr. Anderson also has prayed for President Obama's death.

One can read the King James Bible until it falls apart.And one can memorize verses and do all that religious stuff.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

i meant to say i dont know if Dr.Jeremiah is a Baptist.

i will look him up on wikipedia.

branham1965 wrote:i need to clarify.i was referring to this feisty fellow.

he has the same attitude and spirit that Westboro Baptist Church shows.

its an insult to the many good Baptist Churches in the land like Adrian Roger's and Charles Stanley's.

i am not sure what Dr.David Jeremiah's is out in California.

branham1965 wrote:Mr. Anderson also has prayed for President Obama's death.