Dake Bible Discussion BoardWHY PREACH AGAINST SIN????

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

WHY PREACH AGAINST SIN????

Post by branham1965 »

"Cry aloud, spare not,lift up thy voice like a trumpet,shew my people their transgressions and the house of Jacob their sins."Isa.58:1

"Them that sin rebuke before all,that others also may fear."1Tim.5:20

please see 2Timothy 4:2,Titus 1:13,Jer.6:13-14

and Isa.56:10

General William Booth founder of the Salvation Army feared our day.The day when

men would preach "SALVATION WITHOUT REGENERATION,FAITH WITHOUT REPENTANCE,HEAVEN WITHOUT HELL."

All the great soul winners in history have been men who denounced sin openly and boldly.
Martin Luther preached against sin of every kind.

The Wesley's ,George Whitefield and all the old Methodist Preachers preached against sin and demanded repentance.

Jonathan Edwards was another who thundered against sin.

Charles G. Finney who won over 250,000 souls in a few years wrote in his autobiography

that night i determined that i would cry aloud against the sins of the people and bring to bear the very fires of hell as a final consequence for their rebellion.for almost two hours i literally flailed the evildoers who sat before me.i called God to witness that judgement was not far off for them.concluding i gave a few moments to the mercy of God but i did that in a stern manner.i was determined for once that the people should stand face to face with the fact of sin and hell.that night the meeting broke and i think i never experienced such a divine demonstration.

D.L Moody preached against sin.

R.A.Torrey preached against sin.as did Billy Sunday.

Mother Etter preached against it and she also wrote she knew in her soul if certain ones did not come to the Lord that night in her meeting ...they were doomed forever.
She said this all the time in her meetings.people prayed through and the Lord met them in a mighty way in Mother Etter's meetings.nothing was put on.

most of this post i got from the late Dr.John R.Rices' booklet on this subject.

HIS FIRST POINT ON WHY PREACHERS DO NOT PREACH AGAINST SIN

1.ULTRADISPENSATIONAL=HYPER GRACE NOWADAYS = HOBBYISTS THINK MOST OF THE BIBLE DOES NOT FIT TODAY,AND THIS PERVERTED DOCTRINE EXCUSES NOT PREACHING AGAINST SIN.

Reverend Dake taught about this false doctrine in 1949 in GPFM,BTU,DARB.......

He refuted it like no one could i suppose.
Last edited by branham1965 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: WHY PREACH AGAINST SIN????

Post by branham1965 »

I thought it was interesting :Fade-color when Dad Hagin would say ...we Baptists.... :shock: usually if i can recall in a Vision of the Lord Jesus.

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

branham1965 wrote:wow thank you very much Pastor.i appreciate your response and taking the time to help me with that.
You are very welcome! One of the interesting things that people discover when they see what Arminius himself and classic Arminians actually believe is that they may not be in the "camp" they thought they belonged to! Some so-called "5 point Calvinists" may actually be Arminian, while some who think they are Arminian may actually not belong in that category at all.

Of course, whenever labels become the important thing something is amiss somewhere; I am reminded of Paul's pointed questions to the Corinthians 3:

What then is Apollos? What is Paul? Ministering servants through whom you believed, even as the Lord appointed to each his task: I planted, Apollos watered, but God was making it grow and gave the increase.
So neither he who plants is anything nor he who waters, but God alone, Who makes it grow and become greater.

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

branham1965 wrote:Thank you Pastor.

My neighbors parents are practicing Lutherans.they are fairly nice folks.

its fascinating to learn about the reformers.
did any of them get along??
I would say for the most part, no they didn't. Even Luther's young protege Melancthon fell out of favor, in part for trying to be too buddy-buddy with the Calvinists. Admittedly it was a difficult time and an uphill battle to challenge Rome, so we can cut them some slack . . . but there were a lot of big egos involved, too.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

ive heard of him.i didnt know he was under Luther.

Was Calvin a buzzard???I being an Arminian have not heard alot of good about the man.

He did burn Michael Servetus at the stake.the odd part of this besides the horror of Calvin murdering another person is that two groups today claim Servetus as their martyr.Oneness folks and modern Arians. +ummm
titus213 wrote:
branham1965 wrote:Thank you Pastor.

My neighbors parents are practicing Lutherans.they are fairly nice folks.

its fascinating to learn about the reformers.
did any of them get along??
I would say for the most part, no they didn't. Even Luther's young protege Melancthon fell out of favor, in part for trying to be too buddy-buddy with the Calvinists. Admittedly it was a difficult time and an uphill battle to challenge Rome, so we can cut them some slack . . . but there were a lot of big egos involved, too.