Dake Bible Discussion BoardA CHURCH WITHOUT SPOT

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

A CHURCH WITHOUT SPOT

Post by branham1965 »

"That he might present it to himself a glorious church,not having spot,or wrinkle,or any such thing;but that it should be holy and without blemish."Ephesians 5:27

This Scripture ...sighs...what are some of your thoughts.There are some good Bible students on here.

Does this mean we must be completely perfect and so forth to go in the Rapture???

What are the requirements for getting off this rock 1 Thess. 4.

I know we must live free from death penalty sins or be lost.

I would welcome any response. :morning: :morning:

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: A CHURCH WITHOUT SPOT

Post by branham1965 »

+cold2 +cold2 +cold2

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:"That he might present it to himself a glorious church,not having spot,or wrinkle,or any such thing;but that it should be holy and without blemish."Ephesians 5:27

This Scripture ...sighs...what are some of your thoughts.There are some good Bible students on here.

Does this mean we must be completely perfect and so forth to go in the Rapture???

Hi billy! You can cheer up mate!

Its Jesus Christ who presented Himself completely clean, completely innocent, completely without spot or wrinkle during His entire life here on the Earth as a boy and a man, and right up until His death! The one thing we can never do as much as we want to and try to do. Just as Old Testament Israel or we ourselves could never keep all the Old Testament laws.

Jesus did away with them and gave us a new covenant / Testament, Matt. 5:17, "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil." Christ fulfilled the Law and it is only reasonable that it be done away when It was fulfilled "IN CHRIST" and after it had served its purpose. "The law prophesied UNTILL JOHN." (Luke 16:16). "All things must be fulfilled, which was spoken in the Law of Moses" (Luke 24:44).

The word "fulfill" means completed, brought to an end, expired, and finished in the same sense that many prophecies were fulfilled in Christ and because they are fulfilled they are no longer in force. They have served their purpose!

All we need do is follow His example as best we can and: BELIEVE IN HIM AND IN HIM WHO SENT HIM!

Here it is; (John 6: 28, "Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29, Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent."

I Thess. 4:14, For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

We are off the rock your worried about my mate! As long as we believe Jesus died and rose again for US!

The death of Jesus Christ is the assurance of salvation for all of us who will BELIEVE (Matt. 26:28; Romans 5:6-11; I1 Peter 2:24, and the resurrection of Jesus Christ is the assurance of resurrection of all men (v 14; 5:10; John 14:19; Romans 5:10; 6:5-8; 1 Cor. 15:4-23; 2 Tim. 2;11).
Last edited by Ironman on Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

thanks so much for the help there my mate.you are aces :angel: :angel: Haz.thanks.

Ironman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:"That he might present it to himself a glorious church,not having spot,or wrinkle,or any such thing;but that it should be holy and without blemish."Ephesians 5:27

Jesus presented Himself completely clean, innocent, without spot or wrinkle during His life on Earth as a man, right up until His death! Something we can never do, just as the Old Testament Israel could never keep the O.T. laws. Jesus did away with them and gave us a new covenant / Testament. All we need do is follow His example as best we can and: BELIEVE IN HIM AND IN HIM WHO SENT HIM!

Here it is; (John 6: 28, "Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29, Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent."

I Thess. 4:14, For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

We are off the rock your worried about my mate! As long as we believe Jesus died and rose again for US!

The death of Jesus Christ is the assurance of salvation for all of us who will BELIEVE (Matt. 26:28; Romans 5:6-11; I1 Peter 2:24, and the resurrection of Jesus Christ is the assurance of resurrection of all men (v 14; 5:10; John 14:19; Romans 5:10; 6:5-8; 1 Cor. 15:4-23; 2 Tim. 2;11).

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:thanks so much for the help there my mate.you are aces :angel: :angel: Haz.thanks.

Ironman wrote:

Jesus presented Himself completely clean, innocent, without spot or wrinkle during His life on Earth as a man, right up until His death! Something we can never do, just as the Old Testament Israel could never keep the O.T. laws. Jesus did away with them and gave us a new covenant / Testament. All we need do is follow His example as best we can and: BELIEVE IN HIM AND IN HIM WHO SENT HIM!

Mate, FEAR NOT GOOD BUDDY! We have been set free by Christ, STAND FAST! . . . . STAND MATE! The O.T brought Israel into bondage, Jesus did away with the O.T. covenant and gave us a new covenant / Testament, Matt. 5:17, "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil." Christ fulfilled the Law and it is only reasonable that it be done away when It was fulfilled "IN CHRIST" and after it had served its purpose. "The law prophesied UNTILL JOHN." (Luke 16:16). "All things must be fulfilled, which was spoken in the Law of Moses" (Luke 24:44).

The word "fulfill" means completed, brought to an end, expired, and finished in the same sense that many prophecies were fulfilled in Christ and because they are fulfilled they are no longer in force. They have served their purpose!

Therefore;

Gal 5:1, "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage."

Cheers billy, Haz.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Haz i thank you again.i hear you and i will do.

And i will by His Grace....if it kills me +goofy

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

There are many books at Dake Bible.com that help one to grow spiritually and get victory over the world the flesh and the devil.This wonderful store has more good full gospel authors and cds-dvds than any i have ever seen by far.

Use of the Dake Bible is very important.

Growing Up Spiritually and The Triumphant Church:Victory Over All The Powers Of Darkness by Reverend Kenneth.E.Hagin

The Spirit Filled Believers Handbook by Dr.Lester Sumrall.These three are must own books.

+IsraelFlag +IsraelFlag +godbless