Dake Bible Discussion BoardLast minute salvation is possible.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Last minute salvation is possible.

Post by branham1965 »

What is ultimate death???? i have never heard of that.

According to the DARB

there is 1.physical,2.spiritual and 3.eternal death.

DARB notes on Psalms under heading WHERE are the dead????

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

DeafManHealing wrote:What do you mean by Grace opposes death ?

i wondered that also DMH.

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

branham1965 wrote:What is ultimate death???? i have never heard of that.

According to the DARB

There are several cases of people being brought back to life from the dead recorded in the Bible. But they were brought back from the dead to live again only temporarily. Ultimately they still died. That is what I meant when referring to their "utimate" death.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

thank you titus213.

titus213 wrote:
branham1965 wrote:What is ultimate death???? i have never heard of that.

According to the DARB

There are several cases of people being brought back to life from the dead recorded in the Bible. But they were brought back from the dead to live again only temporarily. Ultimately they still died. That is what I meant when referring to their "utimate" death.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Here it is billy, being raise from the dead temporarily is not dissimilar to being fully healed from a terminal illness. God will heal a believer who is right with Him but they will still die of old age eventually, unless of course they live during the time of the Rapture?

Hebrews 9:27, And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
v 28, So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

thanks Haz. :Fade-color
Ironman wrote:Here it is billy, being raise from the dead temporarily is not dissimilar to being fully healed from a terminal illness. God will heal a believer who is right with Him but they will still die of old age eventually, unless of course they live during the time of the Rapture?

Hebrews 9:27, And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
v 28, So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

branham1965 wrote:thanks Haz. :Fade-color
Ironman wrote:Here it is billy, being raise from the dead temporarily is not dissimilar to being fully healed from a terminal illness. God will heal a believer who is right with Him but they will still die of old age eventually, unless of course they live during the time of the Rapture?

Yes, good analogy, Ironman.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

i was reading one Mother Etter's books and she brought up Paul being caught up to the third heaven and so on.
from 2 Corinthians.

many were slain BY THE POWER OF GOD at her meetings and lay as dead men or women.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

You mean, did they die like this billy?

Acts 5: 1, But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,
2, And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.
3, But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to1 lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
4, Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.
5, And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

oh no mate..i didnt mean that.you are spot on.

they came out of the Power and were alive in it.no one was killed.they fell under the Power.

i seem to have trouble connecting me thoughts with me chops. +goofy :silly:

Ironman wrote:You mean, did they die like this billy?

Acts 5: 1, But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,
2, And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.
3, But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to1 lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
4, Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.
5, And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.