Dake Bible Discussion BoardLast minute salvation is possible.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
DeafManHealing
Wrestle Not Against Flesh and Blood

Re: Last minute salvation is possible.

Post by DeafManHealing »

Looking through the construction site accidents, it is kind of hard to believe construction trucks can tip over easy like that then I realized the leverage principle one learns in judo is similar to the leverage principle in construction trucks.

I noticed the angles of the yellow truck bed on the sides of the construction trucks are similar to an eighteen wheel truck with too much stuff in the cargo boxes ? ( not sure what they are called ? ) causing the eighteen wheel truck to jack knife with too much weight can cause the truck to tip over the mountain pass on just one of the tires slipping over as the semi truck is jack knifing into the flattened guard rail taking a real header down the mountainside tumbling down into a fiery inferno.

No wonder there are many white crosses with flowers that dot the Pennsylvania's highway of mountain passes. Once in a while construction trucks going to and from the coal mines do tip over one of the many mountain passes. Most of the time on the mountainous highways, it is usually an eighteen wheeler.

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

Maybe Rev. Dake's emphasis on the kingdom of heaven in its present earthly form as the "realm of profession" helps in these matters.

From his comments on Matthew 13:11

"At present the realm of profession, for tares and wheat and good and bad are now mixed together in the same kingdom. At the end of this age the two classes will be separated. The professors will be sent to hell and the possessors of the kingdom will continue in its literal aspect forever (Mt. 13:40-43,49-50 Mat. 25:31-46 Rev. 20; Zech. 14). See note, Mt. 4:17; note, 19:24."

We cannot look at a person's heart. In trying to separate the tares from the wheat before "the time of harvest" we can do great harm. Not all who profess actually possess.

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

titus213 wrote:Maybe Rev. Dake's emphasis on the kingdom of heaven in its present earthly form as the "realm of profession" helps in these matters.

From his comments on Matthew 13:11

"At present the realm of profession, for tares and wheat and good and bad are now mixed together in the same kingdom. At the end of this age the two classes will be separated. The professors will be sent to hell and the possessors of the kingdom will continue in its literal aspect forever (Mt. 13:40-43,49-50 Mat. 25:31-46 Rev. 20; Zech. 14). See note, Mt. 4:17; note, 19:24."

We cannot look at a person's heart. In trying to separate the tares from the wheat before "the time of harvest" we can do great harm. Not all who profess actually possess.

good point :angel:

DeafManHealing
Wrestle Not Against Flesh and Blood

Post by DeafManHealing »

Yes Jesus Christ is the author. We choose who we serve. :angel:

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

SO are you actually saying that JESUS CHRIST was not very God and very Man when He was on the earth??

That is why the TRUE JESUS CHURCH can celebrate Christmas.Because of the INCARNATION OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.

His Blood was the Blood of GOD Acts 20:28.

How many times in Saint John's Gospel did he say I AM???

macca

Post by macca »

I never said that Billy, read it again

macca

Post by macca »

In fact this is the main reason we do not see the power of The Holy Spirit as much as we should.
Jesus left us an example to follow.
Paul wrote
Philippians 2:5-8;
Let this mind be in YOU,which was ALSO in Christ Jesus:
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be EQUAL with God:
BUT made HIMSELF of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was MADE in the likeness of men:
And being found in the fashion as a man, he HUMBLED himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Jesus emptied himself of his God abilities to become a man, then humbled himself further to become a servant of all,
To do whatever His Father told and showed him to do and say.
His example is for us to follow, to humble ourselves under the mighty hand of God,
To empty ourselves of our selfish nature and become a vessel fit for the Holy Spirit to glorify Jesus in all we do and say.

Then we can follow Paul as he followed Jesus.
paul only bragged on himself the once that i know of, for he allways lifted Jesus and Him crucified
2. cor 11;
Paul allways glorified in his weaknesses, for he knew that when he was empty of his own power and strength he was a vessel fit for the Holy Spirit
to operate with the power of God through Paul to draw sinners to Jesus.

1 cor 15; is what Paul preached everywhere he went.
Jesus died
was buried
rose from the dead
was seen of many
alive for ever more
the blood

macca

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

:angel: :angel: :angel: thank you for that post.i agree.i learned it that way from the Word like you gave Preacher.

macca
you kind of discipled haz right???? gave him the DARB.now i know he is a like leather.tough as a croc.

but he told me you was the Iceman.like John Wayne.no one messed with you.

can you straighten him out on Christmas. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

macca wrote:In fact this is the main reason we do not see the power of The Holy Spirit as much as we should.
Jesus left us an example to follow.
Paul wrote
Philippians 2:5-8;
Let this mind be in YOU,which was ALSO in Christ Jesus:
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be EQUAL with God:
BUT made HIMSELF of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was MADE in the likeness of men:
And being found in the fashion as a man, he HUMBLED himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Jesus emptied himself of his God abilities to become a man, then humbled himself further to become a servant of all,
To do whatever His Father told and showed him to do and say.
His example is for us to follow, to humble ourselves under the mighty hand of God,
To empty ourselves of our selfish nature and become a vessel fit for the Holy Spirit to glorify Jesus in all we do and say.

Then we can follow Paul as he followed Jesus.
paul only bragged on himself the once that i know of, for he allways lifted Jesus and Him crucified
2. cor 11;
Paul allways glorified in his weaknesses, for he knew that when he was empty of his own power and strength he was a vessel fit for the Holy Spirit
to operate with the power of God through Paul to draw sinners to Jesus.

1 cor 15; is what Paul preached everywhere he went.
Jesus died
was buried
rose from the dead
was seen of many
alive for ever more
the blood

macca