Dake Bible Discussion BoardLast minute salvation is possible.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Last minute salvation is possible.

Post by Ironman »

Is this recorded as an example of last minute salvation?

Luke 23:39, And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.
40, But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
41, And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

42, And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
43, And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

He must have heard about Jesus. He was a criminal, a thief, a sinner. He knew Jesus. He knew enough about Him to know He was a good man who had done nothing amiss. He also must have known He would be forgiven if he repented, in my opinion!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: Last minute salvation is possible.

Post by Ironman »

Where is everyone? Have I missed the Rapture? :mrgreen:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

I agree. He seems to have met the conditions for salvation as Paul described them in Romans 10: acknowledge with your lips that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead. Of course, in the case of the thief it was a confidence that God WOULD raise Jesus from the dead, but it seems to me that the thief did have that confidence - "remember me when You come into Your Kingdom".

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Merciful God!

Watchman2013
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Post by Watchman2013 »

Ironman wrote:Is this recorded as an example of last minute salvation?

Luke 23:39, And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.
40, But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
41, And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

42, And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
43, And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

He must have heard about Jesus. He was a criminal, a thief, a sinner. He knew Jesus. He knew enough about Him to know He was a good man who had done nothing amiss. He also must have known He would be forgiven if he repented, in my opinion!

Good Morning, Ironman,

Indeed, this portion of Holy Scripture is probably the shortest Salvation message and response, recorded. Deathbed "confessions" are, indeed, possible, and should be pursued at all costs...

Well Done.

Maranatha

Carter F. Leffen, aka Watchman2013

"Confess with your mouth, that 'Jesus is Lord,' believing in your heart that God raised Him from the Dead, and you will be saved, for with the heart, man believes and is justified, and with his profession of faith, he is saved." Romans 10:9-10.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

I have the tape. I remember He cried out something like, "God, I'm a baptised member of the church," I wonder why he was being sent there anyway, unless it was to return and tell people about it? Scary stuff!

DeafManHealing
Wrestle Not Against Flesh and Blood

Post by DeafManHealing »

Reading this & was thinking of the deaf boy who 2,000 years ago was healed by Jesus Christ and how hard that agony was to watch Jesus Christ be attacked, beaten and crucified.

That made me wonder about the scene between the two thieves and how the deaf boy who was healed must have watched the back and forth conversation and wonder if the deaf boy who was healed understood what Jesus Christ was talking about salvation ?

DeafManHealing

Post by DeafManHealing »

Yeah SBD, being healed would be awesome but being saved is even more important. I think he made it home to Heaven.

The gospel accounts do not say what happened, only that the deaf & dumb spirit is not allowed to enter him ever again so that means the healed boy would most likely have grasped and understood what Jesus Christ was talking about is Salvation for all of mankind for eternity.

DeafManHealing

Post by DeafManHealing »

Healing is temporary in this life and in the afterlife this is for Eternity. +highfive

Think about it for a mintune, there are so many people who are near the end of their lives from cancer for example that has not gotten healed yet and they are in the hospital fighting for their lives only to slip into eternity every day or every night.

THAT IS WHY SALVATION IS SO IMPORTANT.

DeafManHealing

Post by DeafManHealing »

I have no way of knowing what the video is saying and would think near death experiences ( N.D.E.) are very rare.

It is better to get saved while you are alive and if you are on your deathbed in the hospital or at home on your deathbed reading this then accept Jesus Christ as your Personal Saviour before you slip into eternity in one of the two places.

Even if you are young and in perfect health as most teenagers and young adults are taking their good health for granted meaning they have no physical worries. It is still good to accept Jesus Christ as your Personal Saviour. You never know a car accident could claim your life but who claims your soul ? The Answer Is Jesus Christ per Romans 10:9. :angel: