Dake Bible Discussion BoardSigns of the End of the Age

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Signs of the End of the Age

Post by Ironman »

When Jesus' disciples asked him when he would return and what would be the the signs, he gave specific events which would signal his near return. He did this so that when we saw them happening, we would know that his return is near so as to be able to prepare ourselves - to be ready for our Lord and Master. The two chapters in the Bible where Jesus did this is Luke 21 and Matthew 24 (the same thing as remembered by two different people).

Between these two chapters we are given these signs:
The re-establishment of Israel as a nation
Rise of false prophets and false Messiah's
Wars, rumours or wars and revolutions
Increase of lawlessness and wickedness
Nation rising against other nations, and ethnic groups against other ethnic groups
World wide Increase of earthquakes, famines and pestilences (a deadly or virulent epidemic disease)
Increasing persecution of Christians
Wondrous signs (portents) in the sun, moon and stars
Roaring and tossing of the sea (e.g. tsunamis)
Besides these given by Jesus, there are others given in various places in the Scriptures:

Increase in knowledge (Daniel 12:4).
Increase in demonic activity (Revelation 16:13-14, 1 Timothy 4:1-7)
Increase in lawlessness (2 Timothy 3:1-7)
Departure from the faith (2 Timothy 4:3-4)
Rise of false teachings such as evolution (2 Peter 3:3-7)

Disaster Diary

The world is stunned: another catastrophic earthquake or tsunami has struck! People ask, "What's going on?" But most of the world -- Muslims and Christians -- regard large earthquakes as one of many end-time signs. Jesus warned these days would be a time of God's punishment upon the earth and he described how 'roaring seas and strange tides' would cause people to be 'perplexed' ... 'terrified', even scared to death (Luke 21:22-25). Christ's prediction, however, is also a reminder that believers can trust in the Lord. The people of Jesus' time knew well what these these things were, just as we do today. But he said there would be an increase before His return. Its obvious we are seeing this today. Below is a list of the major disasters since 2000. I think we've pretty much had continuous, ongoing disasters for the past few years now. But the Psalmist inspires us to not be afraid:

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in times of trouble. Therefore we won't be afraid, though the earth changes, though the mountains are shaken into the heart of the seas; though its waters roar and are troubled, though the mountains tremble with their swelling." Psalm 46:1-3
In times past people knew that such disasters were the hand of God for punishment of regional and national sins so the people would repent. God is clearly speaking to us in these last days, but will we repent? Revelation says, "But the people hardened their hearts and refused to repent". Lamentations tells us this:

Who can command things to happen without the Lord’s permission?
Does not the Most High send both calamity and good?
Then why should we, mere humans, complain when we are punished for our sins?

Instead, let us test and examine our ways. Let us turn back to the Lord.
Let us lift our hearts and hands to God in heaven and say,
“We have sinned and rebelled, and you have not forgiven us. Lam 37-42

2011 Worst Year for Disasters in History...will 2012 be Worse?

Signs of the End

The link between going against Israel and “natural” disasters which inevitably follow

“And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people; And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.” Zechariah 12:3,9

2011 - Record-breaking year for disasters
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/12/09/world ... index.html

April 2012 Dozens of Tornadoes devastate Dallas/Ft Worth and kill 5 in Oklahoma in two separate events
March 2012 Tornadoes kill dozens across 5 US states and the tornado season hasn't even started
Jan 2012 Record cold weather and snow wreak havoc across Europe
November 2011 5.6 earthquake strikes Oklahoma, which typically had about 50 earthquakes a year until 2009. Then the number spiked, and 1,047 quakes shook the state last year, prompting researchers to install seismographs in the area.
October 2011 Record breaking October snow storm hits northeastern USA
October 2011 Extreme floods inundate Bangkok Thailand
October 2011 7.2M Earthquake strikes Eastern Turkey causing widespread damage and death.
August 2011 Hurricane Irene causes billions $ in damage. Irene is very likely to be the 10th billion-dollar disaster of 2011, breaking 2008′s record for number of billion-dollar disasters a year, according to preliminary estimates.
Pre-Irene, economic damage from natural disasters in the U.S. exceeded $35 billion this year, according to a National Climatic Data Center report released in August 2011. Those disasters were:
•Upper Midwest flooding (summer): At least $2 billion of damage as of mid-August
•Mississippi River flooding (spring and summer): $2 billion to $4 billion in damage
•Drought, heat wave and wildfires in the Southern Plains and Southwest (spring and summer): Over $5 billion in damage
•Tornadoes (May 22-27): At least $7 billion in damage in central and southern states, including the tornado that struck Joplin, Mo., killing 141
•Tornados (April 25-30): At least $9 billion in damage in central and southern states
•Tornadoes (April 14-16): More than $2 billion in damage in central and southern states
•Tornadoes (April 8-11): Losses exceeding $2.2 billion in central and southern states
•Tornadoes (April 4-5): More than $2.3 billion in damage in central and southern states
•Groundhog Day Blizzard: $2 billion in damage after a massive winter storm dumped snow across the central, eastern and north eastern sections of the country

August 2011 5.8M Earthquake strikes Virginia near Washington DC causing minimal damage - was this a warning to the Obama Administration over dividing up Israel?
May 2011 More deadly tornadoes break out in America's heartland, with one levelling much of Joplin and killing more than 120 people and with a staggering 1500 people missing or unaccounted for - the worst single tornado disaster in more than 60 years. These deadly storms came on the weekend that President Obama called for the establishment of a Palestinian state with the 1967 lines. God has warned what He will do to nations that divide His land.
May 2011 Spain's deadliest earthquake in more that 50 years with at least 10 killed
May 2011 Record Mississippi river flooding causing $ billions in damage
1 May 2011 Usama Bin Laden is killed in Pakistan (not a disaster)
Apr 2011 Hundreds of tornados cause widespread destruction and killed almost 350, mostly in Alabama. Its the second deadliest disaster of its kind in US history
Apr 2011 At least 240 tornados cause widespread destruction and killed at least 45 over a 4 day period across several US states (April average is 150 tornados).
Mar 2011 9.0 Earthquake strikes Sendai, Japan triggering a tsunami which kills over 25,000 thousand
Feb 2011 6.3 Earthquake strikes Christchurch, NZ causing massive damage and over 200 dead
Feb 2011 Cat 5 Cyclone strikes Queensland, Australia causing massive damage
Dec 2010 -
Jan 2011 Queensland floods devastate the state, killing dozens and also flooding Victoria
Nov 2010 Volcano kills dozens in Indonesia
Sep 2010 7.1 Earthquake strikes Christchurch, NZ
Oct 2010 Sumatra - Thousands flee Volcano
Oct 2010 Sumatra - 112 dead, 500 missing after quake, tsunami
Oct 2010 Haiti cholera outbreak kills 140
Aug 2010 Russian wildfires
Jul 2010 Pakistan floods kill 2,000 and displace many thousands
Apr 2010 Iceland volcano eruptions cause chaos for Europe air travel
Apr 2010 Gulf of Mexico Oil spill disaster lasts 3 months
Jan 2010 7.0 Haiti Earthquake kills 250,000
Sep 2009
Samoa earthquake generates 46 foot tsunami, killing 189 people. It was the largest earthquake of 2009

Sep 2009 Earthquake kills thousands in Sumatra
May 2009 Swine flu kills 60 in Mexico, more around the world
Feb 2009 181 dead in Victorian wildfires
May 2008 8.0 earthquake in Chengdu, Sichuan province China - over 60,580 dead
Oct 2007 500,000 flee wildfires in California
Aug 2007 Greek wildfires kill 63
May 2006 Java earthquake kills 6,000
Oct 2005 Pakistan earthquake kills 20,000
Dec 2004 Aceh Tsunami kills 212,000
Jan 2004 Bam, Iran earthquake 28,000 dead
Aug 2003 10,000 die in France heatwave
Sep 2001 Terrorist attacks against America using Jet passenger planes
Jan 2001 Gujarat earthquake, India, 20 - 30,000 dead

Read More,
http://www.6000years.org/frame.php?page=disaster_diary

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: Signs of the End of the Age

Post by Ironman »

hi dolph.
"Dake's book Revelation Expounded is one of the greatest books ever written by one of the greatest men who ever lived.'

I agree totally! :angel:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

How many times are we going to hear this stuff, the last 30 years have produced many such people predicting whatever.
Jesus said to be ready every day, stay ready even if death claims us before He comes for us, we die ready.
We are dead anyhow because we live in Christ and He lives in us.
So why all this fear for christians ?
macca

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

macca wrote:How many times are we going to hear this stuff, the last 30 years have produced many such people predicting whatever.
Jesus said to be ready every day, stay ready even if death claims us before He comes for us, we die ready.
We are dead anyhow because we live in Christ and He lives in us.
So why all this fear for christians ?
macca
G-day mate!

I'm not worried about anything, I'm ready, warts and all :lol!: Three more world wars, Old Roman Empire hasn't been revived yet as far as I know!

Mark 13:32, "But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father."

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

For the past 45 years I have heard prognosticator after prognosticator predicting this, that, and the other . . . always of course "in the name of the Lord" or "as the Spirit has shown me". Not a single one has been right yet. I wouldn't bet on this chap being the first one, either. Christ's return will be "when ye think not" (Luke 12:40).

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

dolph wrote:1 Thessalonians 5:4King James Version (KJV)

But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

There has never been a prophet like this man. The coming chastening is very important because the Church is so luke warm. When the 400' high tsunami hits our coast it will travel inland 100 miles. Thirty million will die not just from drowning but from the plagues that will follow from all the dead bodies lying in the water for days.

I'm amazed intelligent Christians like you guys are so indifferent. This is comparable to John the Baptist baptizing at the Jordon. There will be a 7 pt. earthquake in Puerto Rico preceding this event. When it happens give this some more thought. It will be followed by the greatest awakening of all time. Then the rapture, then the tribulation.

Adios amigos, Dolph
So those who are counted worthy, will they be here when the 400' high tsunami hits our coast and the 7 pt. earthquake hits Puerto Rico preceding this event and then be raptured if in fact it occurs then?

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

I wholeheartedly agree with the following comment from Dake; in which case, the gentleman from this video is a false prophet, for his prophecy contradicts the word of God.

"There are no signs of the rapture for it is itself one of the greatest signs of the second coming. There are no prophecies to be fulfilled before the rapture for it could have taken place any time in the past or can take place any time in the future without any sign or prophecy coming to pass (Tit. 2:13; Php. 3:20-21)."

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

titus213 wrote:I wholeheartedly agree with the following comment from Dake; in which case, the gentleman from this video is a false prophet, for his prophecy contradicts the word of God.

"There are no signs of the rapture for it is itself one of the greatest signs of the second coming. There are no prophecies to be fulfilled before the rapture for it could have taken place any time in the past or can take place any time in the future without any sign or prophecy coming to pass (Tit. 2:13; Php. 3:20-21)."
:angel:

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note