Dake Bible Discussion BoardAre you praying for your pastor?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: Are you praying for your pastor?

Post by Ironman »

Tell me, what has changed since Christ returned to the Father?

Here is my type of Pastor!

2 Corinthians. 11:23, Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.
24, Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.
25, Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
26, In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;
27, In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.
28, Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.

Sadly, many; v. 13, "are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ."

The world is full of them! The majority of pastors, ministers, and priests that I thought were ministers of God were all living in luxury while the brethren not only starved and lived in poverty, these poor widows and the elderly paid tithes? And the church took the money!

I refuse to pray for the likes of those!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Ironman wrote:
Tell me, what has changed since Christ returned to the Father?

Here is my type of Pastor!

2 Corinthians. 11:23, Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.
24, Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.
25, Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
26, In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;
27, In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.
28, Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.

Sadly, many; v. 13, "are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ."

The world is full of them! The majority of pastors, ministers, and priests that I thought were ministers of God were all living in luxury while the brethren not only starved and lived in poverty, these poor widows and the elderly paid tithes? And the church took the money!

I refuse to pray for the likes of those!
I would hope that you would not want any Pastor to suffer the things Paul talked about as you stated.

Apparently you have come into contact with a few bad pastors. There are those out there for sure.

BUT, most of the Pastor's I know are seeking God and underpaid and work 24/7.

Think about it....

A pastor never gets off of work. I have canceled vacations, worked on holidays, been up all night, and to top it off I have not had a weekend (like most people) have in over 30 years of ministry. As a pastor you take time off when you can get it.

A pastor makes next to nothing in salary. Imagine being on call 24 hours around the clock... never getting paid overtime... having to work 7 days a week... all for a very small wage. Your salary is based on the giving of the people in the pew - if they don't give you don't get paid!

A pastor has to put his family SECOND place to the members of the church. He celebrates their marriages, birthdays and anniversaries, and hopes he can be there for his own children's birthdays. He gets home late and supper is cold. His wife waits, and waits, and waits, while her husband is ministering to the people. Others can criticize him and call him all kinds of names, yet he and his family must keep their mouths shut... The pastor's family pays a price for ministry that few people know about or even consider.

A pastor faces pain and suffering over and over again. Imagine loving and praying with a family that looses a love one. You sit with them, pray with them, love them, and then cry with them when their love one dies (who now has become your love one). Then you pull your self together to do their funeral and you minister to the family, you counsel with them and pray with them through the loss of their family member. They receive their healing and pick up with their life and then move on... YOU as a pastor however go on to the next family that is hurting and it starts all over again for you....

Maybe you have seen a few bad pastors... But for ever 1 bad one out there I am persuade that there are 100 that are as good as gold.

I would suggest that if you feel all pastors are bad... then why don't you enter the ministry and become one of the good ones! Pastors are needed!

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Dear Bibleman. I would never want any pastor to suffer as Paul did, not ever. Yes, I have seen and had several bad ones. You sir are one that I am proud to know, and you are one of the best. A pastor I knew became a personal friend of mine. Sad thing is he was a little in the ditch because of the church we were in and he preached as he was told as all the rest did. Sadly he died at age 55.

I did their bible correspondence course, passed the exam with flying colours, and was sent a letter stating, even though I passed, It did not mean I was accepted into the ministry, nor was I allowed to teach. I was allowed to give sermonettes, at the ministers request. Seems I had to attend their Pasadena collage and I knew I would never have been accepted there. I was not a member of their iron ring! This church I was in tore many families apart and it nearly tore mine asunder. Their ministers preached one thing, many errors and in their lives did the complete opposite. After seeing some of the serious errors they taught, and ten years of study, I left.

The only pastor I have at this time is you, my Dake Bibles and my God's Plan for Man book. And, I pray for you and your family!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

"I would suggest that if you feel all pastors are bad... then why don't you enter the ministry and become one of the good ones! Pastors are needed!"

I know not all pastors are bad, its just that I have never, until I came to this site known a practicing good one. I know a few men who were pastors and good ones at that and they either left their church or were tossed out and they no longer pastor a flock.

Tell me, out of interest, how does one become a pastor? Does one have to go to seminary, or some Bible collage, and if so does one have to preach according to what ever church runs said collage? I know it works like that in the WWCOG and the Catholic church!

Most people I know, even my family and extended family don't want to hear anything I have to say about God, mainly because when I was in error I taught what I believed was truth. When I finally had some truth straight from the Bible, and tell them I was in error, here is the truth I get, "Ye'h right, whatever, not thanks."

And when people ask, what's going on in the middle east and why, and I begin to answer I get, "No preaching please, were not interested."

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Reverend
You have been very blessed and protected because of your holy calling cf Psalm 91.
You need to look up the Charisma magazine about people leaving the Church.Or check Amazon about abusive Churches and see all the books that come up.Churches That Abuse by Ron Enroth is a standard work.GOOGLE the subject.

I know literally hundreds of abused people from my home Church in Warren which has split ???3 times
these people are very bitter....many divorced and most have lost all faith.
One man who was like my older brother now curses and hates the God he once loved.He works in operating rooms at the world renown Cleveland Clinic....
Shalom....

bibleman wrote:
David Ward Jr wrote:

WOW!!!

Not very pretty, I might add...

I didn't realize those statistics were the norm for the day. Sounds about right, considering the percentage of Pastors who teach the Word of God without interpretation. I think you know what I mean by that statement, Leon.

It also sounds like our pastors need more than just our prayers. They need our involvement with the great commission laid out by Jesus.
TRUE, very true.

I have never understood how a Christian could be a Christian without supporting the local church!

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

branham1965 wrote:Reverend
You have been very blessed and protected because of your holy calling cf Psalm 91.
You need to look up the Charisma magazine about people leaving the Church.Or check Amazon about abusive Churches and see all the books that come up.Churches That Abuse by Ron Enroth is a standard work.GOOGLE the subject.

I know literally hundreds of abused people from my home Church in Warren which has split ???3 times
One man who was like my older brother now curses and hates the God he once loved.He works in operating rooms at the world renown Cleveland Clinic....
Shalom....

bibleman wrote:
David Ward Jr wrote:

WOW!!!

I didn't realize those statistics were the norm for the day. Sounds about right, considering the percentage of Pastors who teach the Word of God without interpretation. I think you know what I mean by that statement, Leon.

It also sounds like our pastors need more than just our prayers. They need our involvement with the great commission laid out by Jesus.
TRUE, very true.

I have never understood how a Christian could be a Christian without supporting the local church!
Hi Billy,

I never said that there were not some bad Pastors... there are.

But for every 1 bad one I would think there are 100 good ones!

It seems however that the bad ones get all the new coverage!

I think you would agree.

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Again i have a great deal of respect for you.I mean no disrespect.

But i dont think you are acknowledging the problem that exists.I mean no offence.

I do agree there are many more good Pastors than bad ones.

bibleman wrote:

Shalom....

bibleman wrote:
David Ward Jr wrote:

WOW!!!

TRUE, very true.

Hi Billy,

I think you would agree.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

branham1965 wrote:Again i have a great deal of respect for you.I mean no disrespect.

But i dont think you are acknowledging the problem that exists.I mean no offence.

bibleman wrote:

Shalom....

bibleman wrote:
David Ward Jr wrote:

WOW!!!

TRUE, very true.

Hi Billy,

I think you would agree.
Hi Billy,

This thread is about praying for your pastor.

I realize that many do not pray for their pastors or support them.

Do you agree with that?

God bless
Leon Bible

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Reverend
I prayed for my late Pastor very much.I really adore-honor him.

And i prayed for others like the most Bishop Posey......pardon me getting off the wall.

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:Again i have a great deal of respect for you.I mean no disrespect.

bibleman wrote:

Shalom....

bibleman wrote:
David Ward Jr wrote:

WOW!!!

TRUE, very true.

Hi Billy,

I think you would agree.
Hi Billy,

This thread is about praying for your pastor.

I realize that many do not pray for their pastors or support them.

Do you agree with that?