Dake Bible Discussion BoardTrinity

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Re: Trinity

Post by titus213 »

derrick@dake.com wrote:Does anyone really understand the trinity? I know there are many good theology answers but does anyone really? I know it is part of the core of Christian faith. I do believe in the Trinity , my question is do any of us really understand the trinity? Is it required by God according to his word to understand the trinity? I only want from the Word of God , sorry no tradition or books, and lastly the thief on the cross was he saved or not? did he understand the trinity to be saved?
There are many things the Bible reveals to me about God which I do not understand. If I did understand them, it would no longer require much faith on my part, because my attitude would be that I had things all figured out to my satisfaction.
But we are told in the Bible that God's ways are past finding out (Romans 8:33). What God has told us about Himself is true, but it is partial. "For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known" (1 Cor 13:12).
Yet at the same time, I would agree with your grandfather that the concept of the Trinity is not incomprehensible and is a teaching which a Christian must believe. I can comprehend an idea without necessarily understanding it; for example, the concept of gravity. So I can comprehend the teaching of the Bible that the Holy Spirit is a person, separate and distinct from both the Father and the Son, and that all three persons are God. Do I understand exactly how that can be? No. But I accept it as what the Word of God teaches, by faith.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

The word Trinity must be a word made up by men because it is not once mentioned in the entire Bible. The word Godhead is mentioned three times.

In Acts 17:29, Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

In Romans 1:20, For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

In Colossians 2:9, For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

The Father, the Word who became flesh, (John 1:14, And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth,) and the Holy Spirit are three totally separate beings with their own bodies and they are "ONE" in complete unity in all things.

They are not three beings in one body as many religions teach, especially the Catholic church., which beat this fallacy into me as a child. When I asked the priest how could God be three different persons in one body? I never ever got a sensible answer which made any sense.

The repentant thief on the cross was saved because Jesus said so., and that's good enough for me; ( Luke 23:43, And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.)

The father all ways hears Jesus and Jesus even tells us to ask anything of the Father, "In His Name, and He will do it you!" When we pray in the Name of Jesus its as if Jesus Himself is praying to the Father.
This is why I also believe the soldiers who were involved in Jesus's torture and final murder may be forgiven by the Father also because Jesus Himself prayed to the Father just before He died;

Luke 23:34, Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Praise His Holy Name for ever more!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

I understand the Trinity "Godhead" as explained in the bible.
I don't go outside of the word for what ever is shown to me by the written word of God.
The world is in total confusion and has infected the kingdom of heaven with unbelief... Matt. 13:24-33;
So once we start looking for explainations outside of the bible we are established on sand and in danger of falling away.
Just study every scripture given by Dake in GPFM on these subjects as Dake never went beyond what was written.

macca

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

"is there anywhere in scripture that would require us understanding trinity to be saved, example thief on the cross?"

No. We are not saved by our knowledge of doctrine, but by our faith in Jesus (Rom. 10:9-10).

"Do any of you know anywhere in DAke tapes, cd, or books where he says they are separate, or each are "a" God, I know what he says about each having body, soul and spirit."

From THE DRAFTING OF GOD'S PLAN: "The Bible is clear that there are three separate, distinct, and eternal persons in the Godhead."

From "Eighty-nine Proofs of A Divine Trinity": Hebrew: 'Elohiym (H430) is the word for God in Gen. 1:1 and in over 2,700 other places in the Old Testament It is a uni-plural noun meaning Gods and is so translated 239 times (Gen. 3:5; Ex. 22:28; 1Sam. 4:8; Dan. 2:11; 4:6-9; 5:11,14; etc.). Sometimes 'Elohiym is used with plural verbs and pronouns, "the Gods they caused me to wander" (Gen. 20:13), and "there the Gods they appeared unto him" (Gen. 35:7).

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

Tritheism is the teaching that the Godhead is really three separate beings forming three separate gods. This erring view is often misplaced by the cults for the doctrine of the Trinity which states that there is but one God in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The doctrine of the trinity is, by definition, monothestic. That is, it is a doctrine that affirms that there is only one God in all the universe.