Dake Bible Discussion BoardWhy? and What?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Why? and What?

Post by Grandfather »

The purpose of this post, is to ask the question -- WHY are the works of Dake not as highly known, visible and used, as other works?
and the second question is WHAT can be done to positively impact the perception of Dake's works, so that are more widely used?

Ha, bet you didn't expect me to post asking how to increase the use of Dake did you.....

gregbaldwin
Exodus

Re: Why? and What?

Post by gregbaldwin »

As a Pastor I refer those hungry for more biblical knowledge to use God's Plan for Man and Dake's Bible. After they obtain theses materials I only hear that they wish they had known about them sooner.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

gregbaldwin wrote:As a Pastor I refer those hungry for more biblical knowledge to use God's Plan for Man and Dake's Bible. After they obtain theses materials I only hear that they wish they had known about them sooner.
That is so true... I have heard that as well.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

bibleman wrote:
gregbaldwin wrote:As a Pastor I refer those hungry for more biblical knowledge to use God's Plan for Man and Dake's Bible. After they obtain theses materials I only hear that they wish they had known about them sooner.
That is so true... I have heard that as well.

I agree that is what i have seen myself :angel:
macca

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

I think there are several reasons why Dake is not used:
1.he is Pentecostal
2. He is dispensational, which has little appeal to Pentecostals or most others these days
3. Because he is very consistent in the application of taking the Bible literally, many of his conclusions run against the grain of doctrinal systems
4. Some well-known personalities who have endorsed Dake are themselves held in suspicion by many
5. The Internet is full of warnings and admonitions against using Dake
6. With only a single small publishing house, marketing is perhaps a problem
7. Until recently the Dake Bible has been K JV only

I don't really think there is anything that can be done to overcome these issues; I hope that the use of the New King James will help, but there is so much venom and disinformation against him out there that I don't think it can be overcome.

Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Being dispensational myself, I know what you all are talking about. We are constantly criticized. and have even been referred to as a cult. I use the Dake Bible and my pastor uses it as well. And I teach children in a neighboring church, and the pastor there uses it also. I can't say that I agree with every single notation that is in it, but that could be true of any Bible that is edited by any individual. I also refer to the Scofield from time to time and question some of his notes also. I have the utmost respect for Rev. Dake and his work for the Lord.

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

titus213 wrote:I think there are several reasons why Dake is not used:
1.he is Pentecostal
2. He is dispensational, which has little appeal to Pentecostals or most others these days
3. Because he is very consistent in the application of taking the Bible literally, many of his conclusions run against the grain of doctrinal systems
4. Some well-known personalities who have endorsed Dake are themselves held in suspicion by many
5. The Internet is full of warnings and admonitions against using Dake
6. With only a single small publishing house, marketing is perhaps a problem
7. Until recently the Dake Bible has been K JV only

I don't really think there is anything that can be done to overcome these issues; I hope that the use of the New King James will help, but there is so much venom and disinformation against him out there that I don't think it can be overcome.

That just proves to me Titus, that Dake is on track and satan hates the fact that Dake's bible will set people free from error and religion..
macca

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

Yes I think you're right, and Linda you also are correct… Another thing I have found is that there are some who do use Dake but won't admit it. I can recognize when they are quoting from something he has said, and when I ask them about it they will reluctantly acknowledge the source of the quote. But they won't admit it publicly.
I don't know if that is because of fear due to the confusion that surrounds his work, or whether it's because they want to keep it as a sort of a trade secret.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

To me the biggest obstacle Dake has is the lousy theology contributed to Dake that Dake would actually abhor.

Charlatans on TV spouting all kinds of falsehoods and then mention Dake in the same sentence has done more harm to Dake than almost anything. It is assumed the source of their lousy theology is Dake.

I believe this is why Assemblies of God and Church of God Cleveland Tennessee have distanced themselves from Dake. Not so much because of Dake's actual theology but rather because of the theology attributed to Dake.

I'm associated with a few Bible colleges and seminaries and I know professors that instantly look at anything that mentions Dake as a source with a jaundice eye. They immediately assume the worst because of all the terrible theology attributed to Dake. It is almost like Dake is guilty until proven correct.

Dake likewise has written somethings (some of which have since been rewritten) that generate controversy within the Body of Christ. No Pastor wants to introduce or support something that may ignite a controversy within his church unless it forwards the Cross of Christ.