Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe land of Israel belongs to the Jews

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

The land of Israel belongs to the Jews

Post by Ironman »

Even the Quran clearly teaches that the land of Israel belongs to the Jews. This war started by the Palestinians goes against their teachings and beliefs.
"Israel: Fulfillment of Mohammed's Prophecy "Peace will come from a perceptual shift in which Muslims see the State of Israel as a blessing expressing Allah's will and Christians see it as the Divine fulfillment of the biblical promise of the Land of Israel to the Jewish people.The Indigenous People of the Land of IsraelThe Koran, Islam's holiest book, confirms what every Jew and Christian who honors the Bible knows: The Land of Israel was divinely deeded to the Children of Israel. The Jews are the indigenous people of the Land of Israel who have continuously lived there for more three millennia despite the conquests of numerous imperialist empires. Jews are from Judea. Arabs are from Arabia.Fulfillment of Mohammed's ProphecyThe ingathering of the Jewish people into its historic homeland in the midst of the Islamic world is the fulfillment of Mohammed's prophecy in the Koran (Sura 17:104):"And we said to the Children of Israel, 'scatter and live all over the world...and when the end of the world is near we will gather you again into the Promised Land."The Koran Honors a Jewish StateThe Koran (Sura 5:20-21) supports the Arab world's need to change their viewpoint to recognize the sovereign right of the Jews over the Land of Israel as the will of Allah:"Remember when Moses said to his people: 'O my people, call in remembrance the favor of God unto you, when he produced prophets among you, made you kings, and gave to you what He had not given to any other among the people. O my people, enter the Holy Land which God has assigned unto you, and then turn not back ignominiously, for then will ye be overthrown, to your own ruin.'" Golden Seed and Lush Green TreeA paradigm shift can transform the perception of Israel as a blemish to seeing it as a tiny golden seed from which a lush green Islamic tree has germinated and spread its roots and branches across North Africa and the Middle East."

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

tomas555
Hosea

Re: The land of Israel belongs to the Jews

Post by tomas555 »

But not against the teachings of the Bible itself I guess. Israel messed up in the past and these are the fruits of it's failures.

Tomas

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

That's right. The land does belong to the Jews by promise, but it is also true that the modern-day Jew is reaping what has been sown.
Well-meaning Christians like John Hagee tend to endorse the modern day state of Israel as though it were now back in the place of the ancient nation of Israel. This is a mistake in my opinion, based on the word of God.

“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! See! Your house is left to you desolate; for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord! ” (Matt 23:37-39)

As Dake explains this refers to the nation as well as the temple (2 Sam. 7:5,18-19). Both were destroyed and both will be restored. Israel was here officially cut off as a nation at the end of Daniel's 69th week and will not be dealt with as such until Daniel's 70th week (Dan. 9:27). Daniel also predicts an agreement being made in the future between the antichrist and the nation of Israel, so we should be cautious in this regard.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

titus213 wrote:That's right. The land does belong to the Jews by promise, but it is also true that the modern-day Jew is reaping what has been sown.
Well-meaning Christians like John Hagee tend to endorse the modern day state of Israel as though it were now back in the place of the ancient nation of Israel. This is a mistake in my opinion, based on the word of God.

“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! See! Your house is left to you desolate; for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord! ” (Matt 23:37-39)

As Dake explains this refers to the nation as well as the temple (2 Sam. 7:5,18-19). Both were destroyed and both will be restored. Israel was here officially cut off as a nation at the end of Daniel's 69th week and will not be dealt with as such until Daniel's 70th week (Dan. 9:27). Daniel also predicts an agreement being made in the future between the antichrist and the nation of Israel, so we should be cautious in this regard.
so we should be cautious in this regard
How so?? Please explain.

frad70

Post by frad70 »

I do support the modern day Israel. Their regard for freedom and democracy is unparalleled in the Middle East outside Israel. Plus we are to bless the Jewish NATION and it is obvious who the majority of Israeli citizens are. I also want to help ARAB citizens and residents of Israel to enjoy as safe and fulfilling life as possible. Israel protects both Arabs and Jews living in Israel. Hamas doesn't mind Arabs dying. Rev Hagee is doing a lot of good for both the US and Israel and he is destroying the gap between Christians and Jews in a really great way! Another person doing that is IMHO Rabbi Boteach. Controversial - I know. But doing a great job!

titus213

Post by titus213 »

There isn't any place in the Bible that says we are to bless the Jewish nation. The blessing is to Abraham and his seed, and as Paul explains in Romans, that does not include unbelieving Jews.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

titus213 wrote:There isn't any place in the Bible that says we are to bless the Jewish nation. The blessing is to Abraham and his seed, and as Paul explains in Romans, that does not include unbelieving Jews.
Excellent point. However Psalm 122:6 tells us to pray for the peace in Jerusalem. Hard to do without praying for their nation and difficult to achieve as long as Palestinians want all Jews dead.
But I would still like to understand your comment in your other post.
so we should be cautious in this regard
. Is this the basis of that caution or is there something else?

titus213

Post by titus213 »

Yes… It will not be God-fearing Jews much less messianic ones who will be in league with him. The modern-day state of Israel is essentially atheistic and agnostic; they remain enemies of the gospel, as Paul calls them. Anyone who knows missionaries working in that country knows how severely they are attacked. And obviously their concern for democracy is mere tokenism or they would not join forces with the antichrist when he arrives.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

titus213 wrote:Yes… It will not be God-fearing Jews much less messianic ones who will be in league with him. The modern-day state of Israel is essentially atheistic and agnostic; they remain enemies of the gospel, as Paul calls them. Anyone who knows missionaries working in that country knows how severely they are attacked. And obviously their concern for democracy is mere tokenism or they would not join forces with the antichrist when he arrives.

While I don't disagree with you analysis of the spiritual situation in Israel. And I agree that yes one day the Antichrist will make a false treaty with them. Those are certainties that will happen without regard for whether we are cautious or not. So I don't understand your admonishment for us to be cautious.

titus213

Post by titus213 »

Christians send money to almost any Jewish political cause even though it is a godless nation (as is ours). Christians are enamored with Jewish things and lose sight of reality: for example the current popularity of rabbi Daniel Lappen among Christians. He makes no bones about mocking messianic Jews and any belief in Jesus, yet gets prime time on Christian tv.
I agree that we are to pray for the peace of Jerusalem. But that will not come from God's enemies, whether Palestinian or Jewish.