Dake Bible Discussion Board...by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: ...by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.

Post by Ironman »

Jesus said the Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of Heaven is made up of little children.

So Ed, are you saying when babies and little children die and they go to Heaven, that Heaven is full of "self centered, selfish and prone to rage to get what they want, children? Children who want what they want and they want it when they want it."

Matt. 19:14, But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
Mark 10:14, But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
Luke 18:16, But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:If we can walk in perfection without our perfect bodies why bother giving us perfect bodies?
Our bodies contain imperfection, lust of the eye, lust of the flesh and pride of life. These three factors played into Eve's decision to allow sin to enter into her. But one day we will be given bodies that these three no longer play a part in and we can then and only then live in perfection.
That is inescapable fact.
Hi Ed,

I don't think our bodies have anything to do with sin... It is our soul. All of the "lust of the eye, lust of the flesh and pride of life" have to do with the soul.

Don't you agree?
Why would God call them lust of the flesh, lust of the eye and pride of life if they didn't have anything to do with our bodies.
Eye and flesh is talking eyes and flesh is it not? Now I will agree our soul and spirit controls and trumps these but it is still the desire of flesh and of the eye and of pride that leads us into sin.
So if I just had a NEW body then I would have NO sin?

If that is the case how are babies with BRAND NEW untouched by the world bodies born in sin?
If you haven't noticed a baby is self centered, selfish and prone to rage to get what it wants. They want what they want and they want it when they want it. It takes parents to moderate that behavior. Ever been around a kid whose parents didn't moderate that behavior? Of course it is born in us and has been since sin entered the world.

And yes if you had a new body then you would not sin but it took Jesus death on the cross and His victory over death which allows us the opportunity to be resurrected into perfection.
Well Ed,

Read what you just wrote!

You said: "if you had a new body then you would not sin"

So the baby has a new body what is the difference?
A babies body is not perfect it carries the genes of Adam and Eve in which sin had already entered.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

Ironman wrote:Jesus said the Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of Heaven is made up of little children.

So Ed, are you saying when babies and little children die and they go to Heaven, that Heaven is full of "self centered, selfish and prone to rage to get what they want, children? Children who want what they want and they want it when they want it."

Matt. 19:14, But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
Mark 10:14, But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
Luke 18:16, But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
Actually I didn't say anything of the kind. I said we must have perfected bodies to be sin free and babies are not born with perfected bodies. We all sin and fall short. When a child dies before the age of reason he is automatically given a perfected body one without sin.

stand
John

Post by stand »

We fast and pray because we want to refrain from the desire of the body so that we can concentrate on our Lord. Our bodies have desires which are natural, want to eat better, feel better, sexual desire, etc.. These are in our natural bodies which is ok when we can control our physical desires. But if we concentrate on our bodies instead of God, we will try to get more money, more earthly material, illegal sexual activities, anything that can make our flesh happy, to fulfil our physical desires, then lead us to sin. I believe our future perfect bodies will not have these problems. That is the reason God command to please God rather than to please the physical body.