Dake Bible Discussion Board...by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Re: ...by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:I would not call MacArthur a junkyard dog. I listen to him when I can. I have heard him preach many times on various subjects but never on OSAS exclusively. However I have read many of his books that do touch the subject and I have never never never heard or seen him even remotely suggest that OSAS theology gives a person a pass on sin. I have never seen him or heard of him implying that once saved you can sin with impunity.

In fact he preaches just the opposite if you are in sin you need to get saved and once you are saved and should you sin you will be chastised by the Holy Spirit until you repent. He simply does not believe you lose your salvation from the time you sin until you do repent. However he does teach if you sin refuse to address it and continue on in that process one has to question if you were truly saved to begin with.
Hi Justaned,

Above you said: "He simply does not believe you lose your salvation from the time you sin until you do repent."

That is called once saved always saved!
I'm fully aware of that. I never said he didn't teach Once Saved Always Saved. Besides that is how you believe isn't it? That once you are saved you won't sin so you will always be saved. That is what you were lecturing Grandfather on somewhere else in forum, isn't it?
No, you must have me confused with someone else.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:I would not call MacArthur a junkyard dog. I listen to him when I can. I have heard him preach many times on various subjects but never on OSAS exclusively. However I have read many of his books that do touch the subject and I have never never never heard or seen him even remotely suggest that OSAS theology gives a person a pass on sin. I have never seen him or heard of him implying that once saved you can sin with impunity.

In fact he preaches just the opposite if you are in sin you need to get saved and once you are saved and should you sin you will be chastised by the Holy Spirit until you repent. He simply does not believe you lose your salvation from the time you sin until you do repent. However he does teach if you sin refuse to address it and continue on in that process one has to question if you were truly saved to begin with.
Hi Justaned,

Above you said: "He simply does not believe you lose your salvation from the time you sin until you do repent."

I'm fully aware of that. I never said he didn't teach Once Saved Always Saved. Besides that is how you believe isn't it? That once you are saved you won't sin so you will always be saved. That is what you were lecturing Grandfather on somewhere else in forum, isn't it?
Perhaps. But I thought that is what you and grandfather was going at over that you never sinned. Oh that is right you wouldn't know come out and say it you just insisted that a saved person doesn't sin.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Hi Justaned,

Perhaps. But I thought that is what you and grandfather was going at over that you never sinned. Oh that is right you wouldn't know come out and say it you just insisted that a saved person doesn't sin.
You are correct Grandfather was saying that about me, But I never said that, he had me confused with someone else.

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Hi Justaned,

You are correct Grandfather was saying that about me, But I never said that, he had me confused with someone else.

Yeah now I remember you inferred it but you would not answer a definitive yes or no about it.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Hi Justaned,

Yeah now I remember you inferred it but you would not answer a definitive yes or no about it.
Nope never inferred it! Just gave a Scripture and he took it from there.

God bless
Leon Bible

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote: Nope never inferred it! Just gave a Scripture and he took it from there.

Oh okay! +wink +wink +wink

stand
John

Post by stand »

I would not say a saved person never sins, but I believe a saved person can acquire the power not to sin.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

stand wrote:I would not say a saved person never sins, but I believe a saved person can acquire the power not to sin.
Stand
I would agree with if it weren't for our nature. We don't get a perfect body until after we die and are transformed. The bodied in which we live have inherent weaknesses and that is why we need an intercessor in the form of Jesus Christ to make intercession for us.

Before we get our perfected bodies that have not been tainted with sin I think most Christians can and do resist committing murders, bank robberies, adultery, child abuse and such.

But all of us fall victim to emotion invoked spare of the moment type sin such as, unkind thoughts, gossiping, momentarily lusts, unkind acts, anger that leads to sin, vengeance, ignoring the needs of others, lying (perhaps to keep peace) envy, lousy stewardship and etc.. Then there are things we do that while aren't categorically listed as sin which however are still disobedience to God, such as failing to pray as we should, failing to worship as we should, failing to read our Bibles and such.

stand
John

Post by stand »

Hi Ed, that is the reason we cannot win by ourselves, but with God we can and is promised by God.

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

That's right!
The Bible doesn't emphasize what we can fall victim to, but instead what we can have the victory over.

Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord: looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God (Heb 12:14-15)

Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace. (Rom 6:12-14)

This is the real grace message taught by Paul.