Dake Bible Discussion Board...by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
stand
John

Re: ...by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.

Post by stand »

Phil4 13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

stand
John

Post by stand »

Phil4 13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Rom8 4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

If we can walk in perfection without our perfect bodies why bother giving us perfect bodies?
Our bodies contain imperfection, lust of the eye, lust of the flesh and pride of life. These three factors played into Eve's decision to allow sin to enter into her. But one day we will be given bodies that these three no longer play a part in and we can then and only then live in perfection.
That is inescapable fact.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:If we can walk in perfection without our perfect bodies why bother giving us perfect bodies?
Our bodies contain imperfection, lust of the eye, lust of the flesh and pride of life. These three factors played into Eve's decision to allow sin to enter into her. But one day we will be given bodies that these three no longer play a part in and we can then and only then live in perfection.
Hi Ed,

I don't think our bodies have anything to do with sin... It is our soul. All of the "lust of the eye, lust of the flesh and pride of life" have to do with the soul.

Don't you agree?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:If we can walk in perfection without our perfect bodies why bother giving us perfect bodies?
Hi Ed,

I don't think our bodies have anything to do with sin... It is our soul. All of the "lust of the eye, lust of the flesh and pride of life" have to do with the soul.

Don't you agree?
Why would God call them lust of the flesh, lust of the eye and pride of life if they didn't have anything to do with our bodies.
Eye and flesh is talking eyes and flesh is it not? Now I will agree our soul and spirit controls and trumps these but it is still the desire of flesh and of the eye and of pride that leads us into sin.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Hi Ed,

Don't you agree?
Why would God call them lust of the flesh, lust of the eye and pride of life if they didn't have anything to do with our bodies.
Eye and flesh is talking eyes and flesh is it not? Now I will agree our soul and spirit controls and trumps these but it is still the desire of flesh and of the eye and of pride that leads us into sin.
So if I just had a NEW body then I would have NO sin?

If that is the case how are babies with BRAND NEW untouched by the world bodies born in sin?

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

17 When He had entered a house away from the crowd, His disciples asked Him concerning the parable.
18 So He said to them, “Are you thus without understanding also? Do you not perceive that whatever enters a man from outside cannot defile him,
19 because it does not enter his heart but his stomach, and is eliminated, thus purifying all foods?”
20 And He said, “What comes out of a man, that defiles a man.
21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22 thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness.
23 All these evil things come from within and defile a man.”
(Mark 7:17-23)

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Hi Ed,

Don't you agree?

If that is the case how are babies with BRAND NEW untouched by the world bodies born in sin?
If you haven't noticed a baby is self centered, selfish and prone to rage to get what it wants. They want what they want and they want it when they want it. It takes parents to moderate that behavior. Ever been around a kid whose parents didn't moderate that behavior? Of course it is born in us and has been since sin entered the world.

And yes if you had a new body then you would not sin but it took Jesus death on the cross and His victory over death which allows us the opportunity to be resurrected into perfection.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Ed wrote;
"If you haven't noticed a baby is self centered, selfish and prone to rage to get what it wants. They want what they want and they want it when they want it. It takes parents to moderate that behavior."

A baby cries when its hungry, thirsty, sick, soiled or cold. That's not being selfish or self centered, that's the babies God created instinctive cries for help.

Responsible parents should then feed the baby, clean the baby, keep the baby warm and comfortable and nurse the baby to sleep when its tired. As the baby grows its up to the parents to teach the child the correct ways in which to go. We had no such trouble with all our children and grand children until they entered the world and went their own ways. This usually always starts at school.

Its only when the baby grows up and learns the ways of the world that it becomes as you say!

Then when the baby reaches the age of reason, it is then and only then that God holds it accountable for what it does.
Last edited by Ironman on Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Hi Ed,

Don't you agree?

If you haven't noticed a baby is self centered, selfish and prone to rage to get what it wants. They want what they want and they want it when they want it. It takes parents to moderate that behavior. Ever been around a kid whose parents didn't moderate that behavior? Of course it is born in us and has been since sin entered the world.

And yes if you had a new body then you would not sin but it took Jesus death on the cross and His victory over death which allows us the opportunity to be resurrected into perfection.
Well Ed,

Read what you just wrote!

You said: "if you had a new body then you would not sin"

So the baby has a new body what is the difference?

God bless
Leon Bible