Dake Bible Discussion BoardDivorce and Remarriage - is it Biblical!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Re: Divorce and Remarriage - is it Biblical!

Post by titus213 »

"As good as KJV is, Paul didn't write it. He used Greek. If you want to see his (God's actually) justification of remarriage of the divorced please check NASB or YLT. 1 Co 7:27-28 clearly shows he sees that as not recommended but not a sinful thing if one chooses to do so."

OK - so I know Greek quite well. What is your point. I have checked the NASB and Young's and they don't say anything different than what the KJV/NKJV express. If you know Greek, show me what you see that makes you disagree.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Divorce and Remarriage - is it Biblical!

Post by Justaned »

titus213 wrote:"As good as KJV is, Paul didn't write it. He used Greek. If you want to see his (God's actually) justification of remarriage of the divorced please check NASB or YLT. 1 Co 7:27-28 clearly shows he sees that as not recommended but not a sinful thing if one chooses to do so."

OK - so I know Greek quite well. What is your point. I have checked the NASB and Young's and they don't say anything different than what the KJV/NKJV express. If you know Greek, show me what you see that makes you disagree.

Let us not belabor the point the Greek does not clarify this anymore than our English, even if it is talking of divorce and remarriage what is saying? That it is not recommended.
Something that is not recommended by God doesn't sound a desirable thing to me.