Dake Bible Discussion BoardIs He, or isn't He, Truly, Your Reason for Being?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Re: Is He, or isn't He, Truly, Your Reason for Being?

Post by bibleman »

Watchman2013 wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Watchman2013 wrote:Too funny, Titus?

Luke 12:2-5 (AMP)

2 Nothing is [so closely] covered up that it will not be revealed, or hidden that it will not be known.
3 Whatever you have spoken in the darkness shall be heard and listened to in the light, and what you have whispered in [people's] ears and behind closed doors will be proclaimed upon the housetops.
4 I tell you, My friends, do not dread and be afraid of those who kill the body and after that have nothing more that they can do.
5 But I will warn you whom you should fear: fear Him Who, after killing, has power to hurl into hell (Gehenna); yes, I say to you, fear Him!

Matthew 10:26-28 (AMP)

26 So have no fear of them; for nothing is concealed that will not be revealed, or kept secret that will not become known.
27 What I say to you in the dark, tell in the light; and what you hear whispered in the ear, proclaim upon the housetops.
28 And do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; but rather be afraid of Him who can destroy both soul and body in hell (Gehenna).

Matthew 23:24 (AMP)

24 You blind guides, filtering out a gnat and gulping down a camel!

You bring doubt and possible discredit upon Finis Jennings Dake, drawing from one of his lesser known books, as in Bible Truths Unmasked, showing his doubt as to God's being Omniscient, Omnipresent, and Omnipotent. Are you not aware that belief in the Trinity, God- The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit, is the very foundation of Christianity? That God, in ALL Three Persons, were there, at the very creation of the Universe?

It's sad to learn of such foibles coming to light. What is tragic, however, is that there are those who spend more time reading materials NOT, The Word of God... It has been my observation, that many people would rather do anything than read, study, or contemplate The Word of God... Rather than reading other things than The Word of God, we should all seek to be approved- in God's Eyes, rather than major upon the things of Man- even Finis Jennings Dake's work.

Now, as to that which Bibleman alludes to in Bible Truths Unmasked, I have it, but have not read it... I'm still learning from the DARB and God's Plan for Man. After 30 years, I'm still learning from the Word of God. I'm sure that I'll still be learning 30,000 years from now, as well...

If more people would study the Bible, The Word of God, rather than the things of man- any man not specifically noted in the Word of God, this world would be a better place.

Likewise, those snarky enough to defend obscure passages from little known works, should not worry about the splinters in other's eyes, when they have planks in their own...

I haven't walked on water, and as far as I know, only Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and the Apostle Peter, are the only ones to do so... I'd guess that neither Finis Jennings Dake, and you all, haven't either... So at least try, to appear to the world, to be adults. Yes, a giant stretch for some of you, but at least give it a wave, as it, the world hungry for Salvation, passes you by...

Maranatha

C.F. Leffen, Watchman2013
Hi Watchman2013

OK if you don't like it from Bible Truths Unmasked here it is in God's Plan for Man!
A father in his family is the sovereign and does as he pleases within certain limits. God also acts within definite limits. He made man a free moral agent. As a matter of power God might predetermine certain volitions that would necessitate certain acts of man, but then He would be forcing man to act like a mere machine without freedom of action of his own accord. The question is therefore not what God can do, but what God does do in carrying out His own plan, which was made to deal with free moral agents instead of machines. God must of necessity limit Himself in His actions in dealing with finite creatures. Finis J. Dake, God's Plan for Man, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Publishing, Inc., 2004), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, 176.
Does that help you any?

Do you agree with Dake now?
In a word, NO. It does not address the answer that I gave above... The thought that the same quote could elicit a different response, is ludicrous... Did F.J. Dake deny The Holy Trinity, or not? Yes, or no. If no, then why not?

No more parlor games or tricks... Did Reverend Dake believe in The Holy Trinity, of God- The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit? If not, everything he's done falls by the wayside. As He's in Heaven, there's no reason for you to not "Man-up."

Maranatha

C.F. Leffen, aka Watchman2013
Of course Dake believed in the Trinity!

What had that got to do with it.

PS the man-up smart mouth is NOT needed on this forum.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note