Dake Bible Discussion BoardAt CBA in Atlanta with Dake.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: At CBA in Atlanta with Dake.

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:I really think the INTERNET is the main component to declining CBA participation.

Because sales remain good - it is happening thorough the internet and over the phone.

The bookstore owners no longer have the need to visit with the publishers, see the new products, to get the best discounts,... etc.

They can do all of that over the internet now days.
I can understand that, but the consumer electronic shows, new year computer shows, Apple announcements, game conventions are usually huge and sell out before the show opens. You would think if anyone was going to use the internet it would be these types. I think the last Apple convention they actually charged for admission and the show was sold out in the first 30 minutes of ticket sales and it was weeks before the actual show.

Auto shows are also huge as is the construction and home remodeling shows. It seems like the fishing and boating shows keep getting larger and feature bigger personalities. So I wonder why the trend to using the internet for Christian material?

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Re: At CBA in Atlanta with Dake.

Post by Grandfather »

bibleman wrote:I really think the INTERNET is the main component to declining CBA participation.

Because sales remain good - it is happening thorough the internet and over the phone.

The bookstore owners no longer have the need to visit with the publishers, see the new products, to get the best discounts,... etc.

They can do all of that over the internet now days.
That is a possibility, but I don't believe that tells the whole story.

For example, how many times have you turned in your bible to find a scripture... only to have God speak to you through an entirely different scripture what was across the margin or on a facing page? I believe in a similar fashion, when people go to the internet or phone, the go with the idea of exactly what they want, but they miss the "thing" from the adjoining both or across the aisle.