Dake Bible Discussion BoardKing David, Uriah, Bathsheba.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: King David, Uriah, Bathsheba.

Post by Justaned »

davido wrote:ד כִּי-כֹה אָמַר יְהוָה, לַסָּרִיסִים אֲשֶׁר יִשְׁמְרוּ אֶת-שַׁבְּתוֹתַי, וּבָחֲרוּ, בַּאֲשֶׁר חָפָצְתִּי; וּמַחֲזִיקִים, בִּבְרִיתִי. 4 For thus saith the LORD concerning the eunuchs that keep My sabbaths, and choose the things that please Me, and hold fast by My covenant:
ה וְנָתַתִּי לָהֶם בְּבֵיתִי וּבְחוֹמֹתַי, יָד וָשֵׁם--טוֹב, מִבָּנִים וּמִבָּנוֹת: שֵׁם עוֹלָם אֶתֶּן-לוֹ, אֲשֶׁר לֹא יִכָּרֵת. {ס} 5
Even unto them will I give in My house and within My walls a monument and a memorial better than sons and daughters; I will give them an everlasting memorial, that shall not be cut off. {S}

Isaiah 56 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

56 Thus said Jehovah: `Keep ye judgment, and do righteousness, For near [is] My salvation to come, And My righteousness to be revealed.'
2 O the happiness of a man who doth this, And of a son of man who keepeth hold on it, Keeping the sabbath from polluting it, And keeping his hand from doing any evil.
3 Nor speak let a son of the stranger, Who is joined unto Jehovah, saying: `Jehovah doth certainly separate me from His people.' Nor say let the eunuch, `Lo, I am a tree dried up,'
4 For thus said Jehovah of the eunuchs, Who do keep My sabbaths, And have fixed on that which I desired, And are keeping hold on My covenant:
5 I have given to them in My house, And within My walls a station and a name, Better than sons and than daughters, A name age-during I give to him That is not cut off.

A house in the bible represents a mans immediate family. God is going to give the eunuchs a "house". as in wife, children.

There will no one GIVEN in marriage is Jesus's words that primarily addresses the custom of the day for a father to not give his daughter in marriage or to do so.
This then in answer to the Pharisees nullifies the GIVING by a father of a daughter into marriage and to have them remain virgins.
This then is done away with... that is the GIVING or with holding of a daughter to marriage.

Thus as evidenced by Isaish 56 from the original tongue, in regards to Usiah, we may have the valid argument
that Uriah would have been more than compensated with another not lacking, perhaps better than his Bathshedia and
children as well. We have among us many professing pagan views that the bible do not proclaim,but according to Isaish 56
the eunichs having been prevented bearing seed would then have been given the capacity to have a 'tree', a house as well as a name.
In the reference to name it was that one had to have the Jesish lineage from Abraham to have a name, thus non Jews did not have a name,
but here God prolaims the eunichs shall have a name giving all the advantages to the eunichs as would be so with Uriah.
Dake only mentions the name being given but lacks the 'house' that is the wife and children of which a tree is the linage from the man.
There is so much paganism proclaimed along with the scripture, but accurately God then will give a house, a tree to those that had
been eunichs and Urriah in the like sense having been terminated would then have the same loving kindness given him.

Huh?????? Perhaps I'm built to low to the ground and this went over my head but what are you saying? Please explain.

DeafManHealing
Wrestle Not Against Flesh and Blood

Post by DeafManHealing »

Something to consider ... Uriah the Hittite had no chance to forgive David as he died in the kill or be killed environment of the battlefield. His last moments may have been naturally thoughts of his wife Bathsheba then his mother then finally his thoughts turned to God as he took his final breath as a dying soldier.

I do not know how salvation worked in the Old Testament era but I would think Uriah is in Heaven due to being innocent having served his military commander King David very well all the days of his life and God of Israel admitted Uriah to Heaven.

Now you see where King David repented and God granted him and the woman Bathsheba a new baby. That really is a gift from God so I think both Bathsheba and David are in Heaven too.

DeafManHealing

Post by DeafManHealing »

Hard to say but I would think the general which was King David serving the finest wine to one of his parched soldiers would not be unusual.

Maybe it was considered normal so he gladly accepted the wine to help him sleep and forget the war because in those days there was no word called PTSD so he certainly would have wanted something to help him forget the war and be able to sleep by King David's royal court in one of the tents if I understand correctly as a rotating battalion of soldiers took turns keeping guard.

Maybe Uriah never saw this coming because he was a loyal soldier and he went home to Heaven.

I know the Bible of Revelations says not to add or subtract from the KJV Holy Bible.

Let's suppose this scenario of General Schwarzkopf [ this is obviously for example ] liked a beautiful woman then he commits adultery and tries to cover up the pregnancy by having Sergeant Holy Joe be ordered to the hottest part of the battle and as a result, he is KIA.

Do you think Sergeant Holy Joe would be admitted to Heaven ? Yes I am using the Jack T. Chick tract as an example from the soldier's perspective as well possibly from God's perspective ?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Hi DFHealing.

Notice Uriah never went in to his wife regardless of how much wine David may or may not have given him,. He said he would not go in to his wife while his mates were in the field away from their wives and families. That's strength and loyalty. David tried several times to get his to go in but he Uriah held his ground, his promise.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

DeafManHealing

Post by DeafManHealing »

Hi Ironman, that speaks volumes as to Uriah the Hittite being a true combat soldier.

DeafManHealing

Post by DeafManHealing »

It has been a long time since had read that tract and here is the " Holy Joe " tract.

http://www.chick.com/m/reading/tracts/r ... p?stk=0002

Here is " The Royal Affair " tract.

http://www.chick.com/m/reading/tracts/r ... p?stk=0283

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Uriah was a real man to me.

He was dead loyal to his King. :agrue:

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Ironman wrote:
Justaned wrote:Who knows perhaps Uriah is thanking David for getting him to heaven sooner.

But what makes you think Uriah or Bathsheba are in heaven? Scripture certainly does not suggest that.
I never said they were there? Scripture doesn't suggest they are not there either!

Here is what I said;
"I am assuming Uriah the Hittite, Bathsheba and David are in Heaven"

We will know each other in Heaven and in Hell, depending on where we end up, but we can be sure David is in Heaven, so what makes you think Uriah or Bathsheba are not there also?

I don't know and that is the point, none of us do. So why worry about what they might do.
The question is how many will get to heaven with unforgiveness in their heart? Scripture says none will.

Point being is if Uriah did not forgive David and Bathsheba he didn't make heaven and the question is moot. If he did forgive them then again the question is moot.
PS....

And since nobody knows the question is moot!

Thus me replying to this post is moot!

So I will leave it at that - which is also moot! :mrgreen:

DeafManHealing

Post by DeafManHealing »

The reason I tried to use the ancient comparison with the modern day comparison is to try to put every perspective on the situation at hand here.

Something else to consider in those days, Jerusalem was a vast desert and the quality of water may not have been suitable for drinking so wine was used to help clean the stomach and quench thirsty throats.

Maybe the water back then was a lot cleaner than today but the water still had to be boiled to make ready for drinking amongst the women & children ? Wine was reserved for men of war.