Dake Bible Discussion BoardMaking Jesus Lord

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Making Jesus Lord

Post by Justaned »

Ironman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Ironman wrote:Making Jesus Lord
Justaned wrote:1 Peter 4:2 (NKJV) Making Jesus Lord
2 that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.

1 Peter 4:2 (NLT)
2 You won’t spend the rest of your lives chasing your own desires, but you will be anxious to do the will of God.

1 Peter 4:2 (GW)
2 That way you won't be guided by sinful human desires as you live the rest of your lives on earth. Instead, you will be guided by what God wants you to do.

To me this verse is saying we must yield our will to God's will.
Galatians 2:20 (NKJV)
20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
We cant make Jesus Lord of Lords, He already is Lord of Lords and King of Kings.

Deut. 10:17, For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

Psa. 136:3, O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever.

1 Titus 6:15, Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

Rev. 17:14, These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Rev. 19:16, And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Oh come on no one is denying the Lordship of Christ or is anyone trying to suggest we are able to effect Christ's already attained position of Lord of lords and King of kings.

The question is do we allow Jesus to be Lord of our lives or do we only acknowledge Jesus as Lord because scripture says one day every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord.

We have a will the question is yielding that will to God's will. Do we try to conform our will to God's will or do we insist on doing it our way and insisting that God should honor it provided it is done in faith and outside of sin?
Your opening post stated "Making Jesus Lord.' It was not; "Do we allow Jesus to be Lord of our lives or do we only acknowledge Jesus as Lord because scripture says one day every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord." Mate, were your parents siblings? I know it's hard to get the big picture when you have such a small screen but mate keep talking, someday you'll say something intelligent! I've only got one nerve left, and you're starting to getting on it.

Like I said once before on another thread, Justaned is an intellectually superior benign overlord guiding all humanity to a brighter tomorrow!

I wont be posting on this thread again either because it seems its all about Justaned and his pet theories regardless of what anyone else says?
In response to your comment "I will not be posting on this thread" That saddens me, you have a lot to offer when you aren't trying to make someone look bad. Perhaps I did not make myself clear but my thoughts when I started this thread was the recognition of truth of scripture that says Jesus must be Lord of our lives and not just in name or title only but in fact our Master.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Justaned wrote:
Ironman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Ironman wrote:Making Jesus Lord
Justaned wrote:1 Peter 4:2 (NKJV) Making Jesus Lord
2 that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.

1 Peter 4:2 (NLT)
2 You won’t spend the rest of your lives chasing your own desires, but you will be anxious to do the will of God.

1 Peter 4:2 (GW)
2 That way you won't be guided by sinful human desires as you live the rest of your lives on earth. Instead, you will be guided by what God wants you to do.

To me this verse is saying we must yield our will to God's will.
20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
We cant make Jesus Lord of Lords, He already is Lord of Lords and King of Kings.

Deut. 10:17, For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

Psa. 136:3, O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever.

1 Titus 6:15, Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

Rev. 17:14, These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Rev. 19:16, And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Oh come on no one is denying the Lordship of Christ or is anyone trying to suggest we are able to effect Christ's already attained position of Lord of lords and King of kings.

The question is do we allow Jesus to be Lord of our lives or do we only acknowledge Jesus as Lord because scripture says one day every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord.

We have a will the question is yielding that will to God's will. Do we try to conform our will to God's will or do we insist on doing it our way and insisting that God should honor it provided it is done in faith and outside of sin?
Your opening post stated "Making Jesus Lord.' It was not; "Do we allow Jesus to be Lord of our lives or do we only acknowledge Jesus as Lord because scripture says one day every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord." Mate, were your parents siblings? I know it's hard to get the big picture when you have such a small screen but mate keep talking, someday you'll say something intelligent! I've only got one nerve left, and you're starting to getting on it.

Like I said once before on another thread, Justaned is an intellectually superior benign overlord guiding all humanity to a brighter tomorrow!

I wont be posting on this thread again either because it seems its all about Justaned and his pet theories regardless of what anyone else says?
In response to your comment "I will not be posting on this thread" That saddens me, you have a lot to offer when you aren't trying to make someone look bad. Perhaps I did not make myself clear but my thoughts when I started this thread was the recognition of truth of scripture that says Jesus must be Lord of our lives and not just in name or title only but in fact our Master.
Hi Ed you said: I started this thread was the recognition of truth of scripture that says Jesus must be Lord of our lives and not just in name or title only but in fact our Master.
Ed Jesus is already Lord we don't make him anything we are to confess and acknowledge this as a fact(Rom. 10:9) But not one verse in the New Testamen states that we make him this, he already is, we are only to believe and confess that he is. Salvation comes by faith. Where in the bible does it say to make him Lord, specifically like on an individual bases? Go to blueletterbible.com type in Make Jesus lord or making Jesus Lord in the search thing and see if one verse in the bible backs up this lordship salvation theory of yours.. Never mind I searched it for you http://www.blueletterbible.org/search/s ... rimary_0_1
Lordship Salvation is not in the bible sure you can search and see where he is called Lord and we are to confess him as such, but not one scripture says we are saved by making him Lord, this cannot be done, because He already is Lord. Did Jesus say God so love the world that he gave his only son that who ever makes him lord shall not parish? This Lordship Salvation is drummed up by Calvinist to perpetuate their agendas and you are falling hook line a sinker for it. Every time you teach it or post about it In defense of it, you are helping them spread this horrid teaching and helping to spread Calvinism, you may not be able to see, or don't want to acknowledge that or you don't believe me for whatever reason. And, you may not believe in predestination, but Lordship salvation is really all about predestining when you get to the heart of it. Say Just saying.. Why do you think it is so popular amongst Calvinists?
You and grandfather in other threads always say to me."I am not talking about Calvinism why do you keep bringing up calvinsm?" Or "I never said any thing about Calvinism" But yes you are silly, Lordship Salvation was invented by the Calvinists. :evilbat:

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

Rocky wrote: Hi Ed you said: I started this thread was the recognition of truth of scripture that says Jesus must be Lord of our lives and not just in name or title only but in fact our Master.
Ed Jesus is already Lord we don't make him anything we are to confess and acknowledge this as a fact(Rom. 10:9) But not one verse in the New Testamen states that we make him this, he already is, we are only to believe and confess that he is.
Again I have already conceded the fact I used old church talk that may confuse those that aren't familiar with it. No we don't make Jesus anything. Jesus is in fact Lord. My question to be clearer to those that are easily confused should have been do you live your life as if Jesus is Lord of it, or is your view when scripture calls Jesus Lord it is only in title and not in reality?
Rocky wrote: Salvation comes by faith. Where in the bible does it say to make him Lord, specifically like on an individual bases? Go to blueletterbible.com type in Make Jesus lord or making Jesus Lord in the search thing and see if one verse in the bible backs up this lordship salvation theory of yours.. Never mind I searched it for you
John 3:16 (NKJV)
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

The word translated "believe" in this passage means more than head knowledge, more than acceptance, more than faith in the Greek. To meet the Greek requirements of this word means we have to become dependent on Jesus, as in a submitted life.

1 Peter 4:2 (NKJV)

Tell us we must live for the will of God. Yes we have the choice our will or God's will. Peter says it must be God's will.

John 14:15 (NKJV)
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.

What does that mean other than being in submission to Christ? If we obey His commandments then we have to be doing his will and Christ is in charge of our life.

If scripture call Jesus Lord does that not imply we must submit our lives to Him?

Rocky wrote:
http://www.blueletterbible.org/search/s ... rimary_0_1
Lordship Salvation is not in the bible sure you can search and see where he is called Lord and we are to confess him as such, but not one scripture says we are saved by making him Lord, this cannot be done, because He already is Lord.
So you are saying we are to knowledge Jesus as Lord but have no requirement other than as lip service? We can call Jesus as Lord but ignore Him until it benefits us to acknowledge Him? We can disregard his commandments? What is salvation to you? Is it nothing more than staying of hell? What does being Lord mean to you?

Rocky wrote: Did Jesus say God so love the world that he gave his only son that who ever makes him lord shall not parish? This Lordship Salvation is drummed up by Calvinist to perpetuate their agendas and you are falling hook line a sinker for it. Every time you teach it or post about it In defense of it, you are helping them spread this horrid teaching and helping to spread Calvinism, you may not be able to see, or don't want to acknowledge that or you don't believe me for whatever reason.
I don't know why Lordship Salvation was drummed up by Calvinist since I'm not a Calvinist nor to I hold to their position. The reason I "drum up" the need for Lordship in our lives is I see people that really believe they are saved yet they live their life as Satan's disciples. They say they believe in Jesus, they confess Jesus is the Christ and God, they even call Jesus Lord but they live life in open sin. They look like the world, they act like the world, they transact life as does the world, they are often the first to complain that their rights are being violated when holiness or righteousness are being spoken about.
Rocky wrote: And, you may not believe in predestination, but Lordship salvation is really all about predestining when you get to the heart of it. Say Just saying.. Why do you think it is so popular amongst Calvinists?
You and grandfather in other threads always say to me."I am not talking about Calvinism why do you keep bringing up calvinsm?" Or "I never said any thing about Calvinism" But yes you are silly, Lordship Salvation was invented by the Calvinists. :evilbat:
I don't know what Lordship Salvation as you call it is, you have never offer a clear definition. Secondly I don't know with whom it is popular, nor do I care. What I care about is that we are called to holiness, to righteousness, to being a light unto the world and I don't see that being taught or lived by in the church today.

You keep telling me Lordship salvation is invented by Calvinist. Again I say it was you that brought up the title and you have yet to supply a clear definition of it is. And so far your only coherent criticism of it is that it was invented by Calvinist.

I'm saying submitting to Christ as Lord over your life goes hand-in-hand with trusting in Christ to be saved. It also focuses on a changed life as the result of salvation. Any that reads the Bible would have serious doubts about a person who claims to believe in Christ but does not have good works evident in his life. The Bible does teach that faith in Christ will result in a changed life (2 Corinthians 5:17; Galatians 5:22-23; James 2:14-26)

So Rocky let me ask when the Bible uses the term Lord when speaking of Jesus what does that mean to you?

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Ed Wrote: Again I have already conceded the fact I used old church talk that may confuse those that aren't familiar with it. No we don't make Jesus anything. Jesus is in fact Lord. My question to be clearer to those that are easily confused should have been do you live your life as if Jesus is Lord of it, or is your view when scripture calls Jesus Lord it is only in title and not in reality?
It is a reality, I believe Him to be both Lord and savior. I believe him to be the source of my righteousness and justification. I believe He is the eternal sacrifice for my sins. I believe him to be the Son of God, the Christ the messiah. Not that I made him these things, He is these things, I believe that and have accepted all that as fact.
Ed wrote: John 3:16 (NKJV)
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

The word translated "believe" in this passage means more than head knowledge, more than acceptance, more than faith in the Greek. To meet the Greek requirements of this word means we have to become dependent on Jesus, as in a submitted life.
More then faith? Ed you seem to have this problem with faith, you are twisting it to fit some theology. If it means as you say why did Jesus use the term believe? But ok I have submitted to the fact that I am justified before a Holy God through his Son Jesus. I have submitted to the fact that I am justified and made in right standing With God the father by grace through faith in Jesus an all that entails. You are making it a work or something.
Ed Wrote: Peter 4:2 (NKJV)

Tell us we must live for the will of God. Yes we have the choice our will or God's will. Peter says it must be God's will.
Yes Gods will is for me to believe in His Son..
Ed Wrote: John 14:15 (NKJV)

What does that mean other than being in submission to Christ? If we obey His commandments then we have to be doing his will and Christ is in charge of our life.
Yes ok, and his commandments is to believe on Gods son and that we love God and love our fellow man. Not very complicated don't need religious jargon, MacArthur's Lordship salvation, or the Law to explain that. +wink
Ed Wrote: Galatians 2:20 (NKJV)

If scripture call Jesus Lord does that not imply we must submit our lives to Him?
I underlined the part of your scripture here that shows how this is done, Yes it is by Faith that we are crucified with Christ again you seem to be making it a religious work. Right believing to me causes right living..
Ed Wrote: So you are saying we are to knowledge Jesus as Lord but have no requirement other than as lip service?
No never said that. Faith is not lip service, for you to say that I believe you don't understand faith. If you believe you are justified by keeping some rules and law thats fine, But I am justified by faith. I am Holy and righteous because of Jesus. I don't even understand what you mean by lip service, the bible say that confession results in salvation. (Rom. 10:9)For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness(right standing); and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
It's not rocket science. Lip service is a term that MacArthur likes to throw around that much I know . And I sense a very strong religious spirit with you and your replies here, but I will continue any way.. Bad spirits are fun hehee..
We can call Jesus as Lord but ignore Him until it benefits us to acknowledge Him? We can disregard his commandments? What is salvation to you? Is it nothing more than staying of hell? What does being Lord mean to you?
What I explained above. Again I love religious demonic spirits they are fun. Ed You may need to trust in Jesus and not in your self :)

The rest I am not going to address because I believe I am dealing with a spiritual matter here and debating it wont help. Meaning the same sprit that drove the self righteousness of Pharisees . Ed You need to put your faith in Christ as the source and provision for your Salvation, not by rule keeping and religion or some kind of drummed up submission religion or what ever. Are we monks, do we do things to try to get to God or is God trying to reach out to use through his son? Ed this is done by faith not works, or you could boast, and in a way do that at times. You are scared or something that if someone believes it is by faith then we are going to promote sin or something or you just want to play the elitist or something , thats ok Paul taught this and got accuses of the same thing.
Ed do you think you are good in your self?
I believe you are trusting in your self and your elitism and religion to be justified, I don't care how good you think you are or how much you think you have submitted to anything, you cant get the gunk off you without believing in Jesus.. Ed you have a lot of dirt on you I can almost sense it in my the spirit. Drop the religion and embrace Gods provision for redemption.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

Rocky wrote:More then faith? Ed you seem to have this problem with faith, you are twisting it to fit some theology. If it means as you say why did Jesus use the term believe? {/quote]
First Jesus didn't use the term believe that was what Pisteuo, the actual term Jesus used, was translated into. And it means more than faith. It means to become dependent upon.

Rocky wrote:But ok I have submitted to the fact that I am justified before a Holy God through his Son Jesus. I have submitted to the fact that I am justified and made in right standing With God the father by grace through faith in Jesus an all that entails. You are making it a work or something.
James tells us faith without works is dead faith.
Rocky wrote:

It that all you believe God wills for you is for you to believe in His Son? What about the commandments to go make disciples? To be a light unto the world, to forsake not the assembling together, to Love God, to love our neighbor, to do unto others as we would have them do unto you? All of these seems lost in your answer do they not?
Rocky wrote:

Yes ok, and his commandments is to believe on Gods son and that we love God and love our fellow man. Not very complicated don't need religious jargon, MacArthur's Lordship salvation, or the Law to explain that. +wink
Ah but there are a lot more commandments that Jesus gave that you seem to dismiss. What about assembling together? What about exhorting, encouraging, and edifying each other? And what about all those things I mentioned above.
You say you don't need the religios jargon but it seems you do, as you think you only need to believe in Jesus and to go about your life and live it as you see fit.
Rocky wrote:

I underlined the part of your scripture here that shows how this is done, Yes it is by Faith that we are crucified with Christ again you seem to be making it a religious work. Right believing to me causes right living..
Ed Wrote: So you are saying we are to knowledge Jesus as Lord but have no requirement other than as lip service?
No never said that. Faith is not lip service, for you to say that I believe you don't understand faith. If you believe you are justified by keeping some rules and law thats fine, But I am justified by faith. I am Holy and righteous because of Jesus. I don't even understand what you mean by lip service, the bible say that confession results in salvation. (Rom. 10:9)For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness(right standing); and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
It's not rocket science. Lip service is a term that MacArthur likes to throw around that much I know . And I sense a very strong religious spirit with you and your replies here, but I will continue any way.. Bad spirits are fun hehee..

Again James clearly says faith without works is DEAD faith. The idea that all you have to do is believe is what too many in the church today believe. We are called to be servants of the most high. Unless we are serving God we are fulfilling what we are called to do.
Rocky wrote:
We can call Jesus as Lord but ignore Him until it benefits us to acknowledge Him? We can disregard his commandments? What is salvation to you? Is it nothing more than staying of hell? What does being Lord mean to you?
What I explained above. Again I love religious demonic spirits they are fun. Ed You may need to trust in Jesus and not in your self :)

The rest I am not going to address because I believe I am dealing with a spiritual matter here and debating it wont help. Meaning the same sprit that drove the self righteousness of Pharisees . Ed You need to put your faith in Christ as the source and provision for your Salvation, not by rule keeping and religion or some kind of drummed up submission religion or what ever. Are we monks, do we do things to try to get to God or is God trying to reach out to use through his son? Ed this is done by faith not works, or you could boast, and in a way do that at times. You are scared or something that if someone believes it is by faith then we are going to promote sin or something or you just want to play the elitist or something , thats ok Paul taught this and got accuses of the same thing.
I believe you are trusting in your self and your elitism and religion to be justified, I don't care how good you think you are or how much you think you have submitted to anything, you cant get the gunk off you without believing in Jesus.. Ed you have a lot of dirt on you I can almost sense it in my the spirit. Drop the religion and embrace Gods provision for redemption.
Yes we are dealing with a spiritual matter here. We are either going to have faith that is seen by faithful devotion to Christ, honoring Him as our master and being busy about the work He has called us to or we are going to be dead in our faith and never hear God say to us well done good and faithful servant. Notice here God never commends faith when he says his only our service as servants.

You have no idea what I'm depending in because frankly you can't say what your depending in other than your faith in your faith. Faith in Christ is the beginning steps but we must make that faith alive through works or else that faith is nothing. No matter what you say you can not deny we are called to God's service, bought with a price as bond servants.

What you are describing is exactly what Jesus preached against, he even gave us an example in Matthew 25:14-30
This is a study in faith. Those that had faith and put it to work were congratulated by the Master but the one that had faith but did nothing with it was called worthless and cast into the outer darkness.

So yes this is spiritual I do not want to see anyone cast in the outer darkness because they don't have to do anything but have faith.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:More then faith? Ed you seem to have this problem with faith, you are twisting it to fit some theology. If it means as you say why did Jesus use the term believe? {/quote]
First Jesus didn't use the term believe that was what Pisteuo, the actual term Jesus used, was translated into. And it means more than faith. It means to become dependent upon.

Rocky wrote:But ok I have submitted to the fact that I am justified before a Holy God through his Son Jesus. I have submitted to the fact that I am justified and made in right standing With God the father by grace through faith in Jesus an all that entails. You are making it a work or something.
Rocky wrote:

It that all you believe God wills for you is for you to believe in His Son? What about the commandments to go make disciples? To be a light unto the world, to forsake not the assembling together, to Love God, to love our neighbor, to do unto others as we would have them do unto you? All of these seems lost in your answer do they not?
Rocky wrote:

Ah but there are a lot more commandments that Jesus gave that you seem to dismiss. What about assembling together? What about exhorting, encouraging, and edifying each other? And what about all those things I mentioned above.
You say you don't need the religios jargon but it seems you do, as you think you only need to believe in Jesus and to go about your life and live it as you see fit.
Rocky wrote:

Again James clearly says faith without works is DEAD faith. The idea that all you have to do is believe is what too many in the church today believe. We are called to be servants of the most high. Unless we are serving God we are fulfilling what we are called to do.
Rocky wrote:

Yes we are dealing with a spiritual matter here. We are either going to have faith that is seen by faithful devotion to Christ, honoring Him as our master and being busy about the work He has called us to or we are going to be dead in our faith and never hear God say to us well done good and faithful servant. Notice here God never commends faith when he says his only our service as servants.

You have no idea what I'm depending in because frankly you can't say what your depending in other than your faith in your faith. Faith in Christ is the beginning steps but we must make that faith alive through works or else that faith is nothing. No matter what you say you can not deny we are called to God's service, bought with a price as bond servants.

What you are describing is exactly what Jesus preached against, he even gave us an example in Matthew 25:14-30
This is a study in faith. Those that had faith and put it to work were congratulated by the Master but the one that had faith but did nothing with it was called worthless and cast into the outer darkness.

So yes this is spiritual I do not want to see anyone cast in the outer darkness because they don't have to do anything but have faith.

Well they have to have faith AND NOT BE FOUND COMMITTING THESE SINS! >>>>>

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:

Rocky wrote:

Rocky wrote:

Rocky wrote:

Rocky wrote:

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Bibleman
No one neither myself or Rocky are denying the need for faith.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:

Rocky wrote:

Rocky wrote:

Rocky wrote:

Rocky wrote:

Bibleman
Well Ed you said: "...they don't have to do anything but have faith."

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:

Rocky wrote:

Rocky wrote:

Rocky wrote:

Rocky wrote:

Bibleman
Well Ed you said: "...they don't have to do anything but have faith."
What???????????????? I said faith without works is dead faith.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote: What???????????????? I said faith without works is dead faith.
So then you are saying faith PLUS works right?

God bless
Leon Bible