Dake Bible Discussion BoardMaking Jesus Lord

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Making Jesus Lord

Post by Justaned »

1 Peter 4:2 (NKJV)
2 that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.

1 Peter 4:2 (NLT)
2 You won’t spend the rest of your lives chasing your own desires, but you will be anxious to do the will of God.

1 Peter 4:2 (GW)
2 That way you won't be guided by sinful human desires as you live the rest of your lives on earth. Instead, you will be guided by what God wants you to do.

To me this verse is saying we must yield our will to God's will.
Galatians 2:20 (NKJV)
20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Rocky

Re: Making Jesus Lord

Post by Rocky »

Hi Ed I see this statement a lot, what exactly does that mean? Is not this done by Faith? How do you make something Lord? The bible shows us that faith in Gods son and all that initials( faith in the fact he is the Son of God, His death burial resurrection, His incarnation, His blood, that he is the christ) Is what saves in makes him your Lord. What else is there?

~Disclaimer~ I am not promoting sin or OSAS theology by believing you are saved and justified by faith. :scatter:

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

Rocky wrote:Hi Ed I see this statement a lot, what exactly does that mean? Is not this done by Faith? How do you make something Lord? The bible shows us that faith in Gods son and all that initials( faith in the fact he is the Son of God, His death burial resurrection, His incarnation, His blood, that he is the christ) Is what saves in makes him your Lord. What else is there?

~Disclaimer~ I am not promoting sin or OSAS theology by believing you are saved and justified by faith. :scatter:
First we are not making SOMETHING Lord we are making Jesus Christ Lord. If we are in Christ he should be as much a part of our life as are heart is. Most of have never seen or held our heart yet we know it is there. Jesus told us if we are in Him he is in us. That should be just as real as is our heart.

It took faith to realize this truth but when we are really walking with Christ we go beyond faith and into the state of knowing that we know. This is my concern many Christians never get pass the faith stage, they want Jesus to be real and they have the faith to believe Jesus is real but Jesus isn't real in their lives. He is that faith thingy that people talk about in church.

I'm reminded of the song IN THE GARDEN

And he walks with me and he talks with me
And he tells me I am his own
And the joy we share as we tarry there
None other has ever known.

If someone has never experienced that they can't understand making Jesus Lord.

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

I don't "make" Jesus anything. He is Lord.

When I receive Him, I receive Him as He is - Savior and Lord.
In actual living the reality of His Lordship in my life can and does change over time, and I may (incorrectly) think of those times when the Holy Spirit brings about fresh understanding on my part as me "making" Him Lord, but that's not really the case. He always is and was Lord of my life even if I accepted Him as a little kid.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:Hi Ed I see this statement a lot, what exactly does that mean? Is not this done by Faith? How do you make something Lord? The bible shows us that faith in Gods son and all that initials( faith in the fact he is the Son of God, His death burial resurrection, His incarnation, His blood, that he is the christ) Is what saves in makes him your Lord. What else is there?

First we are not making SOMETHING Lord we are making Jesus Christ Lord. If we are in Christ he should be as much a part of our life as are heart is. Most of have never seen or held our heart yet we know it is there. Jesus told us if we are in Him he is in us. That should be just as real as is our heart.

It took faith to realize this truth but when we are really walking with Christ we go beyond faith and into the state of knowing that we know. This is my concern many Christians never get pass the faith stage, they want Jesus to be real and they have the faith to believe Jesus is real but Jesus isn't real in their lives. He is that faith thingy that people talk about in church.

???????? :/ I don't understand a lot of your wording, you just confused the heck out of me, I am sorry but this is a lot of spiritual mumbo jumbo to me. But I know you will play the elitist and say its my fault I don't understand because I have not made Jesus lord as you have. Like you said in the end of you reply here and in other threads :silly:
I mean I have heard it in lot in lordship salvation and Calvinistic circles, but it never made any sense to me. I guess I will just keep my faith in trust in Gods son for my salvation. You still did not answer my questions. How do you make Jesus Lord, how is that done? I mean Jesus is my Lord through faith, Not that I made him that, He already is lord. And a faith thingy? What in the world does that even mean. You don't make and sense to me. It seems you are adding to Gods plan for man that is only found through faith in his son. I am confused because this seems like a man made theology to me.. I think Gods plan for man is doing fine with out your help and making up idioms and words to add to it. I don't know, maybe I am just to simple minded because, I am just resting in Jesus with my childlike faith :mrgreen:

And you said:
If someone has never experienced that they can't understand making Jesus Lord
Well I like the simplicity that is in Christ. You are making it complicated.
Oh so you are an elitist Christian who found the magic key. Ed were is that statement in the bible?
Gosh I hate Lordship salvation theology it is so confusing. So you made Jesus Lord who was already Lord tehee. Good for you and MacArthur :mrgreen: How did Christians ever get along for the past 2000 years with out MacArthur's Lordship salvation theology? Silly us for believing it is by faith..

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:

???????? :/ I don't understand a lot of your wording, you just confused the heck out of me, I am sorry but this is a lot of spiritual mumbo jumbo to me. But I know you will play the elitist and say its my fault I don't understand because I have not made Jesus lord as you have. Like you said in the end of you reply here and in other threads :silly:
I mean I have heard it in lot in lordship salvation and Calvinistic circles, but it never made any sense to me. I guess I will just keep my faith in trust in Gods son for my salvation. You still did not answer my questions. How do you make Jesus Lord, how is that done? I mean Jesus is my Lord through faith, Not that I made him that, He already is lord. And a faith thingy? What in the world does that even mean. You don't make and sense to me. It seems you are adding to Gods plan for man that is only found through faith in his son. I am confused because this seems like a man made theology to me.. I think Gods plan for man is doing fine with out your help and making up idioms and words to add to it. I don't know, maybe I am just to simple minded because, I am just resting in Jesus with my childlike faith :mrgreen:

And you said:
Oh so you are an elitist Christian who found the magic key. Ed were is that statement in the bible?
Gosh I hate Lordship salvation theology it is so confusing. So you made Jesus Lord who was already Lord tehee. Good for you and MacArthur :mrgreen: How did Christians ever get along for the past 2000 years with out MacArthur's Lordship salvation theology? Silly us for believing it is by faith..
Rocky
No mambo jumbo. Making Jesus Lord or to make Titus happy learning to yield our will to Christ will is nothing more than seeking his direction in all that we say or do.

It is waking every morning and saying Dear God I pray I allow my will to line up with your will for my life. Take me where you would have me go, bring me into contact with people that you would have me testify of your goodness to and let everything I say and do be pleasing in your sight and bring glory and honor to you. Then proceeding to live you day with God's leading.

Far too many today make decisions based on their fleshly desires and never consider seeking God's direction. God's word says if we have two coats and our brother has none we are to share our coat. Yet how many ever get up looking for the brother to share our coat with?

What is God's plan for man? Is it not to us become good and faithful servants?

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:

And you said:
Rocky
No mambo jumbo. Making Jesus Lord or to make Titus happy learning to yield our will to Christ will is nothing more than seeking his direction in all that we say or do.

It is waking every morning and saying Dear God I pray I allow my will to line up with your will for my life. Take me where you would have me go, bring me into contact with people that you would have me testify of your goodness to and let everything I say and do be pleasing in your sight and bring glory and honor to you. Then proceeding to live you day with God's leading.

Far too many today make decisions based on their fleshly desires and never consider seeking God's direction. God's word says if we have two coats and our brother has none we are to share our coat. Yet how many ever get up looking for the brother to share our coat with?

What is God's plan for man? Is it not to us become good and faithful servants?
Yes it is. I think it is this wording that is confusing to me. Here is some statements that I don't really understand.
It took faith to realize this truth but when we are really walking with Christ we go beyond faith and into the state of knowing that we know
Umm Ed Knowing that we know is part of faith. And going beyond faith? What in the world Ed? We are justified by faith no matter how insignificant you make it, faith is a huge part of the new testament and Paul's writing is littered with it. Do you have a bigger revelation then Paul? Oh let me guess. Why are you seeming to down play faith. What is it about being justified by faith that you dislike? Do you not agree with Paul on this subject? I know this is coming form a famous MacArthur catchphrase " easy believism" that phrase is all over pro MacArthur's false lordship salvation websites. This is derogatory term used to describe those of us that don't believe in Lordship salvation, And disagree with Lord MacArthur, who they all really worship.
This is my concern many Christians never get pass the faith stage, they want Jesus to be real and they have the faith to believe Jesus is real but Jesus isn't real in their lives. He is that faith thingy that people talk about in church
Why are you seeming to down play faith. Are you offended that I believe that we are made Holy and justified because of Christ not because of us? What is it about being justified by faith that you seem dislike? Do you not agree with Paul on this subject? I don't know this seem like a law type of salvation, rule keeping and legalistic to me, earning Gods grace type of thing . I cant find any of your statements in the bible.
I will say anyone that accepts Lordship theology is making John MacArthur the Lord of there life, not Jesus.. :mrgreen:

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Making Jesus Lord
Justaned wrote:1 Peter 4:2 (NKJV) Making Jesus Lord
2 that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.

2 You won’t spend the rest of your lives chasing your own desires, but you will be anxious to do the will of God.

2 That way you won't be guided by sinful human desires as you live the rest of your lives on earth. Instead, you will be guided by what God wants you to do.

20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
We cant make Jesus Lord of Lords, He already is Lord of Lords and King of Kings.

Deut. 10:17, For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

Psa. 136:3, O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever.

1 Titus 6:15, Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

Rev. 17:14, These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Rev. 19:16, And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

Ironman wrote:Making Jesus Lord

We cant make Jesus Lord of Lords, He already is Lord of Lords and King of Kings.

Deut. 10:17, For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

Psa. 136:3, O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever.

1 Titus 6:15, Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

Rev. 17:14, These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Rev. 19:16, And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Oh come on no one is denying the Lordship of Christ or is anyone trying to suggest we are able to effect Christ's already attained position of Lord of lords and King of kings.

The question is do we allow Jesus to be Lord of our lives or do we only acknowledge Jesus as Lord because scripture says one day every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord.

We have a will the question is yielding that will to God's will. Do we try to conform our will to God's will or do we insist on doing it our way and insisting that God should honor it provided it is done in faith and outside of sin?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Justaned wrote:
Ironman wrote:Making Jesus Lord

Oh come on no one is denying the Lordship of Christ or is anyone trying to suggest we are able to effect Christ's already attained position of Lord of lords and King of kings.

The question is do we allow Jesus to be Lord of our lives or do we only acknowledge Jesus as Lord because scripture says one day every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord.

We have a will the question is yielding that will to God's will. Do we try to conform our will to God's will or do we insist on doing it our way and insisting that God should honor it provided it is done in faith and outside of sin?
Your opening post stated "Making Jesus Lord.' It was not; "Do we allow Jesus to be Lord of our lives or do we only acknowledge Jesus as Lord because scripture says one day every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord." Mate, were your parents siblings? I know it's hard to get the big picture when you have such a small screen but mate keep talking, someday you'll say something intelligent! I've only got one nerve left, and you're starting to getting on it.

Like I said once before on another thread, Justaned is an intellectually superior benign overlord guiding all humanity to a brighter tomorrow!

I wont be posting on this thread again either because it seems its all about Justaned and his pet theories regardless of what anyone else says?

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?