Dake Bible Discussion BoardMaking Jesus Lord

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Making Jesus Lord

Post by Justaned »

Grandfather I thought I had but I think my post got lost in all the discussion on semantics. And yes I agree Jesus is Lord and nobody can change that.What we are talking about is whether we have allowed Jesus to be Lord of our life.

Let me restate it
First we need to be in relationship with Jesus, that requires us to immerse ourselves in reading of God's word, praying and spending the time needed to we know that we know we have heard from God. If we are really reading the word it will come alive and Jesus through His Holy Spirit will begin to lead us. As we allow ourselves to be lead and develop trust that yes this is the Holy Spirit leading us we will then become more dependent on the guidance and leading. As this happens we comment more and more to prayer to we reach a point where we seek Christ's leading before we do anything. We know that we are being lead by Jesus when in our lives we see ourselves being more interested in pleasing Jesus than we about pleasing ourselves. In other words we have to lose our self centered view of of things and start seeing the world as Christ does. How can I help type attitude rather than what is in it for me.

It is not about works it is about allowing the Holy Spirit change us so we become a more useful servant to God. I think the biggest change is when we stop worrying about ourselves and our physical situation and worry more about others spiritual condition.

Watchman2013
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Post by Watchman2013 »

Justaned wrote:1 Peter 4:2 (NKJV)
2 that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.

1 Peter 4:2 (NLT)
2 You won’t spend the rest of your lives chasing your own desires, but you will be anxious to do the will of God.

1 Peter 4:2 (GW)
2 That way you won't be guided by sinful human desires as you live the rest of your lives on earth. Instead, you will be guided by what God wants you to do.

To me this verse is saying we must yield our will to God's will.
Galatians 2:20 (NKJV)
20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
I have not yet had time to read beyond your initial post, but this is what The Lord gave to me, tonight, which I will expand on another forum, soon. No, Dear Brother in Christ, I shall not crib, nor have I ever, but I thought it interesting seeing this thread...

Romans 14:10-11 (NKJV)

10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
11 For it is written: "As I live, says the LORD, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God."

Philippians 2:5-11 (NKJV)

5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,
6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,
7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.
8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.
9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,
11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

1 John 2:12-29 (NKJV)

12 I write to you, little children, Because your sins are forgiven you for His name's sake.
13 I write to you, fathers, Because you have known Him who is from the beginning. I write to you, young men, Because you have overcome the wicked one. I write to you, little children, Because you have known the Father.
14 I have written to you, fathers, Because you have known Him who is from the beginning. I have written to you, young men, Because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, And you have overcome the wicked one.
15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world--the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life--is not of the Father but is of the world.
17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.
18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.
19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.
20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things.
21 I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.
23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
24 Therefore let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father.
25 And this is the promise that He has promised us--eternal life.
26 These things I have written to you concerning those who try to deceive you.
27 But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.
28 And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming.
29 If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.

Isn't The Lord wonderful?

Maranatha

C.F. Leffen, aka Watchman2013

P.S. Everyone has the choice, to receive, or receive not, Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Making Him the Lord of my life, is the single most important decision I have ever made, for it has not only positively changed me, but allowed me to serve Him, and bring others over the years, to likewise know Him, as their Lord and Savior... Jesus, The Father's Gift, that will always keep on giving... Praise God- The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit, Amen... CFL

"Confess with your mouth, that 'Jesus is Lord,' believing in your heart that God raised Him from the Dead, and you will be saved, for with the heart, man believes and is justified, and with his profession of faith, he is saved." Romans 10:9-10.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

Watchman2013 wrote:
Justaned wrote:1 Peter 4:2 (NKJV)
2 that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.

1 Peter 4:2 (NLT)
2 You won’t spend the rest of your lives chasing your own desires, but you will be anxious to do the will of God.

1 Peter 4:2 (GW)
2 That way you won't be guided by sinful human desires as you live the rest of your lives on earth. Instead, you will be guided by what God wants you to do.

To me this verse is saying we must yield our will to God's will.
Galatians 2:20 (NKJV)
20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
I have not yet had time to read beyond your initial post, but this is what The Lord gave to me, tonight, which I will expand on another forum, soon. No, Dear Brother in Christ, I shall not crib, nor have I ever, but I thought it interesting seeing this thread...

Romans 14:10-11 (NKJV)

10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
11 For it is written: "As I live, says the LORD, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God."

Philippians 2:5-11 (NKJV)

5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,
6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,
7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.
8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.
9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,
11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

1 John 2:12-29 (NKJV)

12 I write to you, little children, Because your sins are forgiven you for His name's sake.
13 I write to you, fathers, Because you have known Him who is from the beginning. I write to you, young men, Because you have overcome the wicked one. I write to you, little children, Because you have known the Father.
14 I have written to you, fathers, Because you have known Him who is from the beginning. I have written to you, young men, Because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, And you have overcome the wicked one.
15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world--the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life--is not of the Father but is of the world.
17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.
18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.
19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.
20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things.
21 I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.
23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
24 Therefore let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father.
25 And this is the promise that He has promised us--eternal life.
26 These things I have written to you concerning those who try to deceive you.
27 But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.
28 And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming.
29 If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.

Isn't The Lord wonderful?

Maranatha

C.F. Leffen, aka Watchman2013

P.S. Everyone has the choice, to receive, or receive not, Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Making Him the Lord of my life, is the single most important decision I have ever made, for it has not only positively changed me, but allowed me to serve Him, and bring others over the years, to likewise know Him, as their Lord and Savior... Jesus, The Father's Gift, that will always keep on giving... Praise God- The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit, Amen... CFL
Amen!! Good preaching.