Dake Bible Discussion BoardWhat is God's will?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: What is God's will?

Post by Justaned »

Ironman wrote:
Justaned wrote:What is God's will? Do we always know?
Is God's will always our will?
Is God's will our solution to a situation?

What is God's will?

I'm sure some of you will come up with a list of God's will carefully crafted from scripture, a bit here and bit there but does it truly define God's will?

Is it not God's will that we learn to trust in God totally, to become dependent on God totally, to leave nothing to our own understanding but to let God be God before us?

If we look at the saints before us most endured things I pray none of us ever have to endure. In some their faith was even shaken but their total trust in God never was. We can see it in David's Psalms he is praying and truthfully David's faith is seen as being shaken and stretched. But as we read those psalms what one thing do we see that never changes? David's total and complete dependence/trust in God. The fact he is praying shows David knew where his source came from. Not in his own ability to muster the faith to overcome but rather in a loving God that had promised to make all things work to David's good.

Think this question over and answer if you will please don't supply a grocery list of God's desires instead summarize what is God's will in our lives?
What is God's will?

Well if we cannot give you an answer from the Bible, you deserve no answer. But here is the answer, carefully crafted from Scripture.

Jesus came to do the will of the Father.

John 6:38, For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

Jesus always does what the Father wants Him to do therefore, It is God's will and it is Jesus Christs will, that all men be saved and come unto the knowledge of the truth.

John 6:40, And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

1 Tim. 2: 3, For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

V 4, Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
You gave an excellent answer for God's will for Jesus, but what is God's will for you?

stand
John

Post by stand »

Dan9:24Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
Ironman wrote:

What is God's will?

I'm sure some of you will come up with a list of God's will carefully crafted from scripture, a bit here and bit there but does it truly define God's will?

Is it not God's will that we learn to trust in God totally, to become dependent on God totally, to leave nothing to our own understanding but to let God be God before us?

If we look at the saints before us most endured things I pray none of us ever have to endure. In some their faith was even shaken but their total trust in God never was. We can see it in David's Psalms he is praying and truthfully David's faith is seen as being shaken and stretched. But as we read those psalms what one thing do we see that never changes? David's total and complete dependence/trust in God. The fact he is praying shows David knew where his source came from. Not in his own ability to muster the faith to overcome but rather in a loving God that had promised to make all things work to David's good.

Think this question over and answer if you will please don't supply a grocery list of God's desires instead summarize what is God's will in our lives?
What is God's will?

Well if we cannot give you an answer from the Bible, you deserve no answer. But here is the answer, carefully crafted from Scripture.

John 6:38, For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

Jesus always does what the Father wants Him to do therefore, It is God's will and it is Jesus Christs will, that all men be saved and come unto the knowledge of the truth.

John 6:40, And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

V 4, Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
You gave an excellent answer for God's will for Jesus, but what is God's will for you?
Hi Ed,

Above you said: "You gave an excellent answer for God's will for Jesus, but what is God's will for you?"

The SAME as Jesus!

"Matthew 10:25 It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord...."

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

Is has been said both here and in other places that God's will for our lives is that same as it was for Jesus.

I find that to be an interesting response. Jesus was in a bad way from the garden to the cross, he did not pray for a way of escape, but most of us would. He did not pray his wounds be healed, he didn't pray to come down off the cross, but most of us would. He did pray forgiveness for those that placed him there, most of us might do that, but after God taught them a lesson

I don't recall him praying for financial blessings on his ministry, a bigger house or donkey. I do see him pray for labors in the harvest field. I do see him instruct to take only what you need, but then get specific and say take only a walking stick (not even a mode of transportation other than your feet) and no money. (Hmmm, what if traveling preachers took this literally?)

So, since the will of God for us is the same as Jesus (and it a way it can't be because we cannot die for the sins of the world, but aside from that) how do we work it our individually in our own lifes. Are we to sell our cars and homes, it wasn't God will for Jesus to own those.....

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Grandfather wrote:Is has been said both here and in other places that God's will for our lives is that same as it was for Jesus.

I find that to be an interesting response. Jesus was in a bad way from the garden to the cross, he did not pray for a way of escape, but most of us would. He did not pray his wounds be healed, he didn't pray to come down off the cross, but most of us would. He did pray forgiveness for those that placed him there, most of us might do that, but after God taught them a lesson

I don't recall him praying for financial blessings on his ministry, a bigger house or donkey. I do see him pray for labors in the harvest field. I do see him instruct to take only what you need, but then get specific and say take only a walking stick (not even a mode of transportation other than your feet) and no money. (Hmmm, what if traveling preachers took this literally?)

So, since the will of God for us is the same as Jesus (and it a way it can't be because we cannot die for the sins of the world, but aside from that) how do we work it our individually in our own lifes. Are we to sell our cars and homes, it wasn't God will for Jesus to own those.....
"Matthew 10:25 It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord...."

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Justaned wrote:
Ironman wrote:

What is God's will?

What is God's will?

Your OP asked?
Your OP asked,
"What is God's will?

What is God's will? Do we always know?

What is God's will?"

I answered your question which you seemed to agree with and now your changing it to a personal question, "what is God's will for me?"

I wont be posting any more on this thread as well because it seems to be all about Justaned and his pet theories and ideas?

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

Ironman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Ironman wrote:

What is God's will?

What is God's will?

Your OP asked?
Your OP asked,
"What is God's will?

What is God's will?"

I answered your question which you seemed to agree with and now your changing it to a personal question, "what is God's will for me?"

I wont be posting any more on this thread as well because it seems to be all about Justaned and his pet theories and ideas?
Not you personally but what is God's will for man?

In response to you " I will not be posting any more on this thread." All I can say is that saddens me. I think you have a lot to offer to most discussions if you would get past the anger. You let your bitterness bubble up and distort the view of the treasures God has implanted in you. How very sad

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Justaned wrote:
Ironman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Ironman wrote:

What is God's will?

What is God's will?

Your OP asked?
Your OP asked,
"What is God's will?

What is God's will?"

Not you personally but what is God's will for man?

In response to you " I will not be posting any more on this thread." All I can say is that saddens me. I think you have a lot to offer to most discussions if you would get past the anger. You let your bitterness bubble up and distort the view of the treasures God has implanted in you. How very sad
This is why some, including me, get frustrated with your posts.

You said;
"You gave an excellent answer for God's will for Jesus, but what is God's will for you?"

Then you reply to my post with;
"Not you personally but what is God's will for man?"
. And say I am bitter and angry? Lets call it frustration and be done with it.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

Ironman wrote: You said;
"You gave an excellent answer for God's will for Jesus, but what is God's will for you?"

Then you reply to my post with;
"Not you personally but what is God's will for man?"
. And say I am bitter and angry? Lets call it frustration and be done with it.
I meant this as a general question. I never intended anyone to respond yes I know God's will. He has lead me to believe I need to leave my job and become a missionary to some distant country.

I meant the question in general. What is God plan for our lives. Our lives being all humans what is God's will for mankind in general. I'm sorry if my wording was confusing. I never meant to frustrate you.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

Grandfather wrote:Ed,

I'll risk the wrath of this forum, but you've asked a very complex question and all you've received is simple answers.

For example, it could be said that God's will for us is the same as it was for Jesus. Oddly this is both correct and incorrect at the same time. Correct in the since that Jesus said he was to do the will of the Father, and that is what God wants for us. Incorrect in that it pleased the father to crush him, to send him to the cross, etc. I don't please that is God's will for us.

Another example is that is was God's will that Jesus walk or ride a donkey, not use internet, TV or telephones. If we were to follow the "same as Jesus" analogy we would only use the same tools that Jesus did. However, the mission to proclaim the Kingdom would be the same.

I hope this helps.
Grandfather
Yes it helps and I'm letting it be a lesson to me not to ask complex questions to this crowd and expect anything but simple answers. :mrgreen:

I'm of the belief that the lack of "complex" answers(as you put it) is due to the fact that too few when faced with questions like this don't consider all of Scripture in the formation of their answer. I don't why that is but I suspect it is the product of not reading the Bible for themselves and only retaining scripture used to support teaching they agree with.