Dake Bible Discussion BoardWhat is God's will?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Watchman2013
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Re: What is God's will?

Post by Watchman2013 »

Justaned wrote:
Ironman wrote:
Justaned wrote:"People lacking the ability to refute their opponents with fact or knowledge, instead they try to insult, ridicule, deride, slander, and traduce them, and in the use of these methods their followers are no less expert. Their polemic is directed never never against the argument of the opponent,, but always against his person."
Every sound, truthfull Scripture anyone has never given you against your arguments have been ignored and your personal beliefs have been posted to try and refute them. So now with nothing to use that you would consider as truth, I try and use humour against the argument of the opponent to hopefully lighten the mood! Fact is, you don't get it, you cry the poor me, I'm being insulted, ridiculed, deride, slandered, and traduced! Boo hoo, poor me :arrow:

Sound scriptures??????
How about scripture ripped from context and presented in such a way the directly contradict the teaching of the whole of scripture.
What you call humor is at the expense of another and where I come from that is considered ill mannered mockery.
Jesus said do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Well Ironman when I retorted your humor I quickly found our you don't like be made the buffoon either. If you can't discuss something using scripture that stands with the rest of scripture then don't complain when I ignore it.
Brother Ed, it is futile to rage against that which is not of God. The taking of The Scriptures out of context is an old, time proven ploy, hiding ignorance, while using emotion, to attempt to batter the defenses of those that who truly do defend The Faith... In future, it might be better to ignore those who cannot comprehend what The Spirit says, or what is actually written in The Word of God... Did not Reverend Dake mention, quite often, how The Bible is the easiest of documents to read? So sad that so few can read, and understand it, The Bible, The Word of God, without misquoting, taking out of context, or attacking those that do? Certainly this must be a good example of the lack of critical thinking skills... Not, of course, that any here on the Board might be of that category...

What we must always do, is this- Be obedient to, and please, God. Strange that when one reads The Scriptures, one is responsible, to God, for what they've read or heard... As a "fan" of the late David Wilkerson, as well as a "fan" of Paul Washer and Francis Chan, one wonders where the anguish of the soul is, around here, for there is vitriol, but no God inspired passion, righteous indignation, nor God breathed rage against Apostasy, and the taking of God for granted...

We must, as I will continue to say, become, and BE Holy, as He is Holy... Not a topic that is popular, I gather... Well, Holiness isn't popular, for it demands action, that is observable to God... We either are Holy, or we aren't. No shades of gray... No ambiguities... No "if's,"and's," or "but's." We are either consecrated and sanctified unto God, or we are not... Either, or... No "maybe's." None.

Seek Ye First, The Kingdom of God...

You all know, or should, the rest of it... If not, here it is:

Matthew 6:32-33 (NKJV)

32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

So many things to learn and relearn, and so little time...

Maranatha

C.F. Leffen, aka Watchman2013

"Confess with your mouth, that 'Jesus is Lord,' believing in your heart that God raised Him from the Dead, and you will be saved, for with the heart, man believes and is justified, and with his profession of faith, he is saved." Romans 10:9-10.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

Watchman2013 wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Ironman wrote:
Justaned wrote:"People lacking the ability to refute their opponents with fact or knowledge, instead they try to insult, ridicule, deride, slander, and traduce them, and in the use of these methods their followers are no less expert. Their polemic is directed never never against the argument of the opponent,, but always against his person."
Every sound, truthfull Scripture anyone has never given you against your arguments have been ignored and your personal beliefs have been posted to try and refute them. So now with nothing to use that you would consider as truth, I try and use humour against the argument of the opponent to hopefully lighten the mood! Fact is, you don't get it, you cry the poor me, I'm being insulted, ridiculed, deride, slandered, and traduced! Boo hoo, poor me :arrow:

Sound scriptures??????
How about scripture ripped from context and presented in such a way the directly contradict the teaching of the whole of scripture.
What you call humor is at the expense of another and where I come from that is considered ill mannered mockery.
Jesus said do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Well Ironman when I retorted your humor I quickly found our you don't like be made the buffoon either. If you can't discuss something using scripture that stands with the rest of scripture then don't complain when I ignore it.
Brother Ed, it is futile to rage against that which is not of God. The taking of The Scriptures out of context is an old, time proven ploy, hiding ignorance, while using emotion, to attempt to batter the defenses of those that who truly do defend The Faith... In future, it might be better to ignore those who cannot comprehend what The Spirit says, or what is actually written in The Word of God... Did not Reverend Dake mention, quite often, how The Bible is the easiest of documents to read? So sad that so few can read, and understand it, The Bible, The Word of God, without misquoting, taking out of context, or attacking those that do? Certainly this must be a good example of the lack of critical thinking skills... Not, of course, that any here on the Board might be of that category...

What we must always do, is this- Be obedient to, and please, God. Strange that when one reads The Scriptures, one is responsible, to God, for what they've read or heard... As a "fan" of the late David Wilkerson, as well as a "fan" of Paul Washer and Francis Chan, one wonders where the anguish of the soul is, around here, for there is vitriol, but no God inspired passion, righteous indignation, nor God breathed rage against Apostasy, and the taking of God for granted...

We must, as I will continue to say, become, and BE Holy, as He is Holy... Not a topic that is popular, I gather... Well, Holiness isn't popular, for it demands action, that is observable to God... We either are Holy, or we aren't. No shades of gray... No ambiguities... No "if's,"and's," or "but's." We are either consecrated and sanctified unto God, or we are not... Either, or... No "maybe's." None.

32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

Maranatha

Good sound advice. Watchman2013 thank you.
What I refuse to not do is allow what I said be turned and twisted to make me look like a demon while others use this board to preach their demonic gospel of faith in faith. They justify open rebellion to God by refusing to even attend church but collect a following by attacking anyone that teaches holiness, obedience and requirement to submit ones will to Christ.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Watchman2013 wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Ironman wrote:

Sound scriptures??????

Maranatha

I will ask this here as well since the topic is how Holy you and Ed are. Hmm, Didn't you pray a curse on every one here a few months ago?

Watchman2013
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Post by Watchman2013 »

Good Evening, Rocky

My last "last post here" of December 1, 2013, was one of a cry to God for Him to bring some here, on the Board, to the awareness of their heinous treatment of those whom they, without merit, nor honor, attacked...

"May those who have transgressed here against God- The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit, and God's Holy Word, and continue to do so- may they not prosper in any way, and may their lies and platitudes fall upon deaf ears. May they know no rest- spirit, soul, mind, nor body, until they come before God, to reconcile with Him... Amen, Amen, and Amen...

I've made my last post here, until God has those now in sin and death, repent, and are made right with God, ask me back...

I now shake the dust from my sandals, and depart.

To those that Love The Lord, with all their hearts, souls, minds, bodies, and strength, and love their neighbors, as themselves, I will pray for you and yours. May you be well, safe, happy, and forever, free, beneath God's Mighty Wings, and may you always know His Love, Mercy, Grace, Kindness, and His Abiding Peace...

Maranatha

Watchman2013"

Which group are you in, Rocky? Do those who attack those in Christ, who have committed no sin against others, but have just, respectfully, disagreed, deserve such treatment? Know you not, that in words spoken, that there is life and death in the tongue? Is it "safer" to follow someone, rather than to be upright before God? Whom do you serve, Rocky? Which is right in the eyes of God? To serve Him, or follow any other? Where did I sin, and no longer seek to be Holy, as He is Holy? Did I lie? Did I say things about anyone, that did not bare witness to the Word and the Spirit of Truth? Where did I attack anyone? Have I not defended those who stand uprightly before God? Who else here, can say the same? Do I cast stones? Where? Toward whom?

All should examine themselves, and see if they measure up to God's standards. I am not perfect, nor, outside of God- The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit, is anyone else... When I fall, I confess my sins, genuinely repent, and ask God for His Forgiveness... Then, I march on... All, Rocky, have sinned, and fallen short of the Glory of God. That we persevere, continue on, is the important thing, lest Satan declare victory, howbeit ever so small...

Did I resent the unjust slings, stones, and arrows of members of the Body of Christ being so unjustly sent my way? Yes. Did I forgive them? Yes. More important, God will never leave nor forsake them, or me... We are human, Rocky, but we do answer to a much higher power- God... We should all seek to walk in Jesus' footsteps, and do as He Did... We, any of us, have no excuses...

So, am I any holier than anyone else? God judges, and righteously. I don't judge, but leave that to Him... As I've said, I've forgiven those that attacked me, and others. I'm sure that they too, have forgiven them, the accusers and abusers of God's Children... Can they forgive themselves, knowing their actions were not looked upon with pleasure, by Almighty God? If anything, they should have been mortified, and sought His Forgiveness... Only they, and The Lord know...

As far as this subject is concerned, for me, it is closed...

Maranatha

C.F. Leffen, Watchman2013

"Confess with your mouth, that 'Jesus is Lord,' believing in your heart that God raised Him from the Dead, and you will be saved, for with the heart, man believes and is justified, and with his profession of faith, he is saved." Romans 10:9-10.