Dake Bible Discussion BoardWhat do you think?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: What do you think?

Post by Ironman »

Ironman wrote:The father looks at me on my knees daily in prayer, a repentant sinner, repenting in the Name of Jesus, and what He sees is a sinless soul, white as snow. I believe this is how the Father sees everyone who has resigned themselves to be "In Jesus," despite all their daily unintentional errors / sins.

2 Cor. 5:21, For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Isa 1:18, Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
Please ignore everything I say on this thread, and on this forum while ever Justaned and Grandfather are posting! It seems its all about them and their pet theories!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: What do you think?

Post by Justaned »

victoryword wrote:
Justaned wrote:
victoryword wrote:Tim Keller idea of justification is so unbiblical and off the mark that it is a wonder that anyone even reads that drivel.

Keller says:
"“The gospel of justifying faith means that while Christians are, in themselves still sinful and sinning, yet in Christ, in God’s sight, they are accepted and righteous."

The Bible says:

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. (1 Pet. 2:24)

"Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous." (1 John 3:7)

"In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother." (1 John 3:10)
Victorywood
Then you don't see a walk of sanctification I assume you believe it happens instantly and every fault every sin is instantly removed from us?
To me righteousness is a process. We are made holy and acceptable to God immediately but in our own life things are revealed and refined out of us over time it is a process.
Justanwood

Even if what you are saying is true, Keller said NOTHING about a process. He says "Christians are, in themselves still sinful and sinning". For ME, the Bible overrides you and Keller's personal beliefs on this subject no matter how philosophically profound they may appear to be.
Victoryword
Then are you declaring you never sin? You always treat your brother as you would want to be treated? You never seek vengeance instead seek only peace? You never strike back but always turn the other cheek? The address you used for me proves otherwise. So if we are going to point fingers and talk about philosophical stances let us look at one that is so hypocritical they openly display it in their defense of righteousness. Keller pegged you and you know it but you refuse to admit it, instead you see your sin but you deny it.