Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe rich are getting richer - thank God!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

The rich are getting richer - thank God!

Post by bibleman »

The world added 2.6 million millionaire households last year, showing that the rich are getting richer—and far more numerous, according to a report released Monday.

The total number of millionaire households in the world rose 19 percent last year, to 16.3 million households, according to Boston Consulting Group's Global Wealth report. Millionaire households represent 1.1 percent of all households globally.

The U.S. added the most millionaire households and has the highest total, with a gain of 1.1 million households last year. That brings the total to 7.135 million. http://www.cnbc.com/id/101743657
The Word of God is true!

Matthew 13:2 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

Thanks God Dave Ramsey taught me to KEEP and SAVE money years ago.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: The rich are getting richer - thank God!

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
The world added 2.6 million millionaire households last year, showing that the rich are getting richer—and far more numerous, according to a report released Monday.

The total number of millionaire households in the world rose 19 percent last year, to 16.3 million households, according to Boston Consulting Group's Global Wealth report. Millionaire households represent 1.1 percent of all households globally.

The U.S. added the most millionaire households and has the highest total, with a gain of 1.1 million households last year. That brings the total to 7.135 million. http://www.cnbc.com/id/101743657
The Word of God is true!

Matthew 13:2 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

Yeah I'm almost certain it is the principles that are taught by Dave Ramsey that is making all these millionaires. Since you seem to imply you are now part of this 7.135 million let me welcome you and ask what took you so long. :mrgreen:

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

bibleman wrote:

The Word of God is true!

While it is true the rich have gotten richer, I'd say the vast majority of these wealth accumulators are not using their abundance to advance the kingdom of God, but are like the rich man in Luke 12 that is simply building bigger storehouses.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:

The Word of God is true!

Yeah I'm almost certain it is the principles that are taught by Dave Ramsey that is making all these millionaires. Since you seem to imply you are now part of this 7.135 million let me welcome you and ask what took you so long. :mrgreen:
Being born in poverty, raised in a divorced home, never going to college until later in life, and being a Pastor... Well none of those things will make you a millionaire.

Dave Ramsey turned my life around when he taught me how to handle money. No I am not part of that millionaire club as of yet but I am on my way.

People who save 15% of their income starting at their beginning working age will most certainly be a millionaire by retirement - if they follow the Biblical passages on money and how to spend, use, invest and give it.

Don't you agree?

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

bibleman wrote:

The Word of God is true!

Matt 13:12 not 13:2 :silly: :smile:

First off, not against wealth and prosperity. How ever I don't believe that scripture is about gaining wealth. Is this not about understanding Jesus teaching when it comes parables?
10 The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?”
11 He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12 Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 13 This is why I speak to them in parables:

“Though seeing, they do not see;
though hearing, they do not hear or understand.
14 In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:
“‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.

It is really clear in the massage bible:

10 The disciples came up and asked, “Why do you tell stories?”
11-15 He replied, “You’ve been given insight into God’s kingdom. You know how it works. Not everybody has this gift, this insight; it hasn’t been given to them. Whenever someone has a ready heart for this, the insights and understandings flow freely. But if there is no readiness, any trace of receptivity soon disappears. That’s why I tell stories: to create readiness, to nudge the people toward receptive insight. In their present state they can stare till doomsday and not see it, listen till they’re blue in the face and not get it. I don’t want Isaiah’s forecast repeated all over again:
Your ears are open but you don’t hear a thing.
Your eyes are awake but you don’t see a thing.
The people are blockheads!
They stick their fingers in their ears
so they won’t have to listen;
They screw their eyes shut
so they won’t have to look,
so they won’t have to deal with me face-to-face
and let me heal them.

The abundance is not riches and wealth but an understanding of Gods plan for man, And His kingdom +wink :scatter:

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Rocky wrote:
bibleman wrote:

The Word of God is true!

Matt 13:12 not 13:2 :silly: :smile:

First off, not against wealth and prosperity. How ever I don't believe that scripture is about gaining wealth. Is this not about understanding Jesus teaching when it comes parables?
10 The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?”
11 He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12 Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 13 This is why I speak to them in parables:

“Though seeing, they do not see;
though hearing, they do not hear or understand.
14 In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:
“‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.

It is really clear in the massage bible:

10 The disciples came up and asked, “Why do you tell stories?”
11-15 He replied, “You’ve been given insight into God’s kingdom. You know how it works. Not everybody has this gift, this insight; it hasn’t been given to them. Whenever someone has a ready heart for this, the insights and understandings flow freely. But if there is no readiness, any trace of receptivity soon disappears. That’s why I tell stories: to create readiness, to nudge the people toward receptive insight. In their present state they can stare till doomsday and not see it, listen till they’re blue in the face and not get it. I don’t want Isaiah’s forecast repeated all over again:
Your ears are open but you don’t hear a thing.
Your eyes are awake but you don’t see a thing.
The people are blockheads!
They stick their fingers in their ears
so they won’t have to listen;
They screw their eyes shut
so they won’t have to look,
so they won’t have to deal with me face-to-face
and let me heal them.

The abundance is not riches and wealth but an understanding of Gods plan for man, And His kingdom +wink :scatter:
Try this one Rocky!

Matthew 25:24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

God bless
Leon Bible

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

Rocky wrote:The abundance is not riches and wealth but an understanding of Gods plan for man, And His kingdom +wink :scatter:
Rocky - I agree with you. I am not against wealth and I surely understand that there are godly ways to manage money so that money doesn't manage you. However, I'm grieved that Christian people want to accumulate wealth to such the degree I see in American culture today. I will admit there is a fine line to walk, but I believe there is a point where a person has "enough" and should use their wealth to advance the Kingdom of God. (And I'm not talking about being a business man so they can say: "I've hired X number of people and given them a decent wage."

We see TV preachers, with multi-million dollar homes, several boats and planes, several vacation homes (that are bigger than the house of those in their congregation) How many missionaries, church plants, etc could have been fully funded at a fraction of that cost? I recently read of one well-known TV person, buying a new jet because it offered "upgrades in comfort and speed" over his old jet. Really? an increase of less than 50 mph top speed was worth that?

Don't misunderstand me, I don't believe in the old baptist way: Lord you keep them humble and we will keep them poor. But I believe we have lost the concept that wealth was to be used to advance the Kingdom of God, not the lifestyle.

BTW --- My wife and I give liberally to our local church, but we give generously elsewhere as well. Our lifestyle hasn't changed much in the past 20 years and while our income (and investments) and increased wonderfully we have funneled the increase into the Kingdom, not new and bigger homes, boats, cars, etc.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:

The Word of God is true!

Being born in poverty, raised in a divorced home, never going to college until later in life, and being a Pastor... Well none of those things will make you a millionaire.

Dave Ramsey turned my life around when he taught me how to handle money. No I am not part of that millionaire club as of yet but I am on my way.

People who save 15% of their income starting at their beginning working age will most certainly be a millionaire by retirement - if they follow the Biblical passages on money and how to spend, use, invest and give it.

Don't you agree?
I don't believe many people became millionaires following Dave Ramsey. Not that they couldn't they just didn't. However I do believe Dave Ramsey may have become a millionaire telling people how to become one. Most millionaires today become millionaires not because they followed God's principals.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

Grandfather wrote:
Rocky wrote:The abundance is not riches and wealth but an understanding of Gods plan for man, And His kingdom +wink :scatter:
Rocky - I agree with you. I am not against wealth and I surely understand that there are godly ways to manage money so that money doesn't manage you. However, I'm grieved that Christian people want to accumulate wealth to such the degree I see in American culture today. I will admit there is a fine line to walk, but I believe there is a point where a person has "enough" and should use their wealth to advance the Kingdom of God. (And I'm not talking about being a business man so they can say: "I've hired X number of people and given them a decent wage."

We see TV preachers, with multi-million dollar homes, several boats and planes, several vacation homes (that are bigger than the house of those in their congregation) How many missionaries, church plants, etc could have been fully funded at a fraction of that cost? I recently read of one well-known TV person, buying a new jet because it offered "upgrades in comfort and speed" over his old jet. Really? an increase of less than 50 mph top speed was worth that?

Don't misunderstand me, I don't believe in the old baptist way: Lord you keep them humble and we will keep them poor. But I believe we have lost the concept that wealth was to be used to advance the Kingdom of God, not the lifestyle.

BTW --- My wife and I give liberally to our local church, but we give generously elsewhere as well. Our lifestyle hasn't changed much in the past 20 years and while our income (and investments) and increased wonderfully we have funneled the increase into the Kingdom, not new and bigger homes, boats, cars, etc.
On this I agree with Rocky and Grandfather. Far too many Christians have lost sight of true wealth and allowed themselves to be drawn to what one day will be lost. As far as financial abuses within the ministry I have long said that many men will have to answer before God for how they raised their fortunes, how they spent their fortunes and how their heart was set on fleshly lust instead of the Kingdom of God.